Gray box around video, can't play any games.
Take the first build that is wrong and then do the patch manually in the reserse way.

Replace
GtkWidget *child_window = (GtkWidget*)GTK_BIN(gsFrame->GetViewport()->GetHandle());
by
GtkWidget *child_window = gtk_bin_get_child(GTK_BIN(gsFrame->GetViewport()->GetHandle()));

Replace
GdkWindow* draw_window = gtk_widget_get_window(child_window);
by
GdkWindow* draw_window = GTK_PIZZA(child_window)->bin_window;

If it is too difficult I do a branch with those change tomorrow

Sponsored links

I get this error when I try to build after changing those two lines.

[ 51%] At global scope:
cc1plus: warning: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-ignored-attributes" [enabled by default]
cc1plus: warning: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-ignored-attributes" [enabled by default]
Building CXX object pcsx2/CMakeFiles/pcsx2-dev.dir/gui/AppMain.cpp.o
[ 51%] Building CXX object pcsx2/CMakeFiles/pcsx2-dev.dir/gui/ConsoleLogger.cpp.o
[ 51%] Building CXX object pcsx2/CMakeFiles/pcsx2-dev.dir/gui/CpuUsageProvider.cpp.o
/home/vvvv/Build/pcsx2/pcsx2/gui/AppMain.cpp: In member function ‘void Pcsx2App:OhmynEmuKeyDown(wxKeyEvent&)’:
/home/vvvv/Build/pcsx2/pcsx2/gui/AppMain.cpp:579:57: warning: statement has no effect [-Wunused-value]
DbgCon.WriteLn( "(app) Invoking command: %s", cmd->Id );
^
/home/vvvv/Build/pcsx2/pcsx2/gui/AppMain.cpp: In member function ‘void Pcsx2App:OhmypenGsPanel()’:
/home/vvvv/Build/pcsx2/pcsx2/gui/AppMain.cpp:942:49: error: ‘GTK_PIZZA’ was not declared in this scope
^
/home/vvvv/Build/pcsx2/pcsx2/gui/AppMain.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void SysExecEvent_Execute::InvokeEvent()’:
/home/vvvv/Build/pcsx2/pcsx2/gui/AppMain.cpp:1047:57: warning: statement has no effect [-Wunused-value]
DbgCon.WriteLn( Color_Gray, "(SysExecute) received." );
^
At global scope:
make[2]: *** [pcsx2/CMakeFiles/pcsx2-dev.dir/gui/AppMain.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: *** [pcsx2/CMakeFiles/pcsx2-dev.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
[ 5%] Built target translations_pcsx2_Iconized
[ 10%] Built target translations_pcsx2_Main
[ 16%] Built target Utilities
[ 19%] Built target x86emitter
[ 19%] Building CXX object pcsx2/CMakeFiles/pcsx2-dev.dir/gui/AppMain.cpp.o
/home/vvvv/Build/pcsx2/pcsx2/gui/AppMain.cpp: In member function ‘void Pcsx2App:OhmynEmuKeyDown(wxKeyEvent&)’:
/home/vvvv/Build/pcsx2/pcsx2/gui/AppMain.cpp:579:57: warning: statement has no effect [-Wunused-value]
DbgCon.WriteLn( "(app) Invoking command: %s", cmd->Id );
^
/home/vvvv/Build/pcsx2/pcsx2/gui/AppMain.cpp: In member function ‘void Pcsx2App:OhmypenGsPanel()’:
/home/vvvv/Build/pcsx2/pcsx2/gui/AppMain.cpp:942:49: error: ‘GTK_PIZZA’ was not declared in this scope
^
/home/vvvv/Build/pcsx2/pcsx2/gui/AppMain.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void SysExecEvent_Execute::InvokeEvent()’:
/home/vvvv/Build/pcsx2/pcsx2/gui/AppMain.cpp:1047:57: warning: statement has no effect [-Wunused-value]
DbgCon.WriteLn( Color_Gray, "(SysExecute) received." );
^
At global scope:
make[2]: *** [pcsx2/CMakeFiles/pcsx2-dev.dir/gui/AppMain.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [pcsx2/CMakeFiles/pcsx2-dev.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Quote:/home/vvvv/Build/pcsx2/pcsx2/gui/AppMain.cpp:942:49: error: ‘GTK_PIZZA’ was not declared in this scope

GTK_PIZZA is missing.
I think you just have to put
Code:
#include <wx/gtk/win_gtk.h> // GTK_PIZZA interface
in the head of the file
Looks like that worked. It builds successfully and the gray box is gone.
Then gregory will solve it tomorrow Wink

I am not sure but maybe you can test what happens if you apply only one of these changes.

So maybe you can revert:
Replace
GtkWidget *child_window = gtk_bin_get_child(GTK_BIN(gsFrame->GetViewport()->GetHandle()));
by
GtkWidget *child_window = (GtkWidget*)GTK_BIN(gsFrame->GetViewport()->GetHandle());

I don't know what these functions do but I guess gregory wants to know which of these two changes made the regression.
Okay, I'll try each one separately and post the results.
Looks like both changes are needed. If I only change
Replace
by

pcsx2 instantly crashes after starting a game. If I change only the other line the gray box is there.
The gray box is gone in latest build too after replacing those two lines, and adding that include statement! Smile
Thanks for all tests. And sorry for having forgotten the include.

I can revert the code for wx2.8, however wx3.0 won't work with the old code. First of all I want the confirmation that bug exists on wx3.0. Could you build PCSX2 with wx3 support (use --help to see the option for .sh build script/otherwise there is a cmake option)?
With the latest build it is not present when I use the --wx30 option. It is present when I try the build before "wx: use wx_pizza on wx2.8" using the --wx30 option.

Edit: I'm not sure if that worked properly I just checked and I didn't have libwxgtk3.0-dev installed. I'm going to try again now that I have them.