Gsdx future discussion
Database are nice for me (but often unreadable). I don't have all GPU of all manufacturers on my case. And GTX750 is compliant with GL4.5, it misses only extra extension (aka openGL 2015 bonus).

Sponsored links

I see you remove custom res from linux gui, are we finally getting ready to remove gui totally?
(04-22-2016, 01:39 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: I see you remove custom res from linux gui, are we finally getting ready to remove gui totally?

I think that would be a mistake. Star Ocean as well as two others still use custom resolution to get around minor graphical defects. Besides I've never actually heard someone said this feature caused an issue. I don't think the future of GSDX should look to remove features already established. Sure outdated hacks but not features.
(04-22-2016, 02:27 AM)Mako Wrote: I think that would be a mistake. Star Ocean as well as two others still use custom resolution to get around minor graphical defects. Besides I've never actually heard someone said this feature caused an issue. I don't think the future of GSDX should look to remove features already established. Sure outdated hacks but not features.

Developers them selves have said it cause issues... yes there are few game that "need" custom to fix somethings, but that is only hand full and they dont out way the benfiets, beside that is one of the reasons why there is gona be legacy gsdx plug
(04-22-2016, 02:41 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: Developers them selves have said it cause issues... yes there are few game that "need" custom to fix somethings, but that is only hand full and they dont out way the benfiets, beside that is one of the reasons why there is gona be legacy gsdx plug

I'd have to respectfully disagree, those very same games still stand to benefit from future releases. Some need those optimizations. Unless custom resolutions are specifically holding back a major feature - the work has already been completed. Why delete code that specifically fixes some games? I just think it's a bad direction to go in. I doubt there is very much (if any) effort to keep this in. There is a such thing as needlessly cutting.
(04-22-2016, 03:38 AM)Mako Wrote: I'd have to respectfully disagree, those very same games still stand to benefit from future releases. Some need those optimizations. Unless custom resolutions are specifically holding back a major feature - the work has already been completed. Why delete code that specifically fixes some games? I just think it's a bad direction to go in. I doubt there is very much (if any) effort to keep this in. There is a such thing as needlessly cutting.

you would be disagree with the devs as bunch them want to remove it. and the dev that most active on GSDX at that

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Removal-o...custom+res
Actually with great respect to that developer he really didn't dig. It fixes many Tri-Ace and Namco games that don't scale well and the cons listed aren't really consider at all. Most of the "cons" come from those users that actually use the feature, if you don't you are not effected by nearly all of those cons. The only other thing is taking up a line in the menu... that's really a non issue at all. I do like the new gui but not at the cost of actually playing games. I'm not more taking a stance against it as I'm asking what games benefit from the loss of this? I can't find one, I can find the opposite.

EDIT: There is also nearly 12 pages of people who support the feature with even more valid arguments then mine.
(04-22-2016, 04:07 AM)Mako Wrote: Actually with great respect to that developer he really didn't dig. It fixes many Tri-Ace and Namco games that don't scale well and the cons listed aren't really consider at all. Most of the "cons" come from those users that actually use the feature, if you don't you are not effected by nearly all of those cons. The only other thing is taking up a line in the menu... that's really a non issue at all. I do like the new gui but not at the cost of actually playing games. I'm not more taking a stance against it as I'm asking what games benefit from the loss of this? I can't find one, I can find the opposite.

EDIT: There is also nearly 12 pages of people who support the feature with even more valid arguments then mine.

which is to remove it from GUI setting, which mean it only can be done via INI,  read the first post.. and you know why he want to remove it
(04-22-2016, 04:07 AM)Mako Wrote: Actually with great respect to that developer he really didn't dig. It fixes many Tri-Ace and Namco games that don't scale well and the cons listed aren't really consider at all. Most of the "cons" come from those users that actually use the feature, if you don't you are not effected by nearly all of those cons. The only other thing is taking up a line in the menu... that's really a non issue at all. I do like the new gui but not at the cost of actually playing games. I'm not more taking a stance against it as I'm asking what games benefit from the loss of this? I can't find one, I can find the opposite.

Namco games don't need Custom Resolutions anymore. The Align Sprite hack fixes 99% of those issues.
(04-22-2016, 02:27 AM)Mako Wrote: I think that would be a mistake. Star Ocean as well as two others still use custom resolution to get around minor graphical defects. Besides I've never actually heard someone said this feature caused an issue. I don't think the future of GSDX should look to remove features already established. Sure outdated hacks but not features.

(04-22-2016, 03:38 AM)Mako Wrote: I'd have to respectfully disagree, those very same games still stand to benefit from future releases. Some need those optimizations. Unless custom resolutions are specifically holding back a major feature - the work has already been completed. Why delete code that specifically fixes some games? I just think it's a bad direction to go in. I doubt there is very much (if any) effort to keep this in. There is a such thing as needlessly cutting.

I guess you blacklisted my posts Tongue2 Custom resolution, the way it is implemented, is bad. Custom resolution is done by various hack. It make the code more complex. So yes it is a cost to keep this code. So far you use CR in a couple of game in order to change the rounding behavior of the sampler. You could do the same with a float custom resolution parameter. Last but not least, as it is written on the commit message, I only removed the option from the linux GUI.

lol. Seriously "didn't dig"... Do you think that I fixed hundred of game by accident Wink

Anyway, could you make a summary of the valid argument list.