Hardware requirements
Your graphics card is crap. Check 'native' in GSdx but don't expect miracles.
For your second question, read the FAQ and this thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Why-is-PCSX2-slow
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

hello guys i know to configure pcsx 2.0.98 make everything like me :
1.first select the USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console bios from bios list.
2.go to emulator settings select EE/IOP from the bar set emotionengine & the IOP to recompiler and from clamping mode select Normal and from and the roundmode Chop / Zero.
3.select VUs and set the VU0 and VU1 to microVU Recompiler and clamping mode to Normal and round mode to nearest.
4.go to select GS from the bar and disable Framelimiting then write 100 into base framerate adjust and 50 in Slow motion adjust and 100 in turbo adjust and choice constant skipping from frame skipping abd set frames to draw and frames to skip to 10 .
5.select speed hacks from the bar and set the two speed hacks to 3 .
6.got to plugins/bios selector and go GS configure set the resolution to 512 512 press ok then go to SPU2 and set interpolation to 0 - nearest press ok.
but it make the details lower than first and i think it's a little slow than the original speed the FPS will be a round 160 on slow PC'S
or you can ignore the above foolishness, as ps2 emulation does not center around a 1 setting fits all philosophy
(08-31-2012, 01:18 PM)WhiteShark Wrote: hello guys i know to configure pcsx 2.0.98 make everything like me :
1.first select the USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console bios from bios list.
2.go to emulator settings select EE/IOP from the bar set emotionengine & the IOP to recompiler and from clamping mode select Normal and from and the roundmode Chop / Zero.
3.select VUs and set the VU0 and VU1 to microVU Recompiler and clamping mode to Normal and round mode to nearest.
4.go to select GS from the bar and disable Framelimiting then write 100 into base framerate adjust and 50 in Slow motion adjust and 100 in turbo adjust and choice constant skipping from frame skipping abd set frames to draw and frames to skip to 10 .
5.select speed hacks from the bar and set the two speed hacks to 3 .
6.got to plugins/bios selector and go GS configure set the resolution to 512 512 press ok then go to SPU2 and set interpolation to 0 - nearest press ok.
but it make the details lower than first and i think it's a little slow than the original speed the FPS will be a round 160 on slow PC'S
1) People will select the bios they got from their PS2, so that is pointless
2)These are default settings
3)These are default settings
4)This will break some games totally and will cause jerkiness in most
5)This will break A LOT of games and make them even slower.

Please don't suggest stuff you don't know or stuff that work on 2/3000 ps2 games.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hello, i was wondering why PCSX2 is lagging for me.
My specifications:
-Acer Aspire 7730
-Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz
-Memory (RAM): 4,00GB
-System type: 32-bit Operating System
-Graphics card: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family
I have windows vista service pack 2.

I have tried to play Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3. The emulator works fast in the menu, but it laggs to a point where it is unplayable in-game. I have tried to customize it using a guide on a website, several youtube videos, but still nothing. I've tried several versions, 1.1.0 (on svn) 1.0.0, 0.9.8, 0.9.6, but still nothing. Now, it crashes my laptop, and my laptop turns off. I've deleted PCSX2 for the time being, but i'll re-download it later. Could anyone please tell me how to fix the lag.
(08-31-2012, 07:04 PM)SarunasD97 Wrote: Hello, i was wondering why PCSX2 is lagging for me.
My specifications:
-Acer Aspire 7730
-Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz
-Memory (RAM): 4,00GB
-System type: 32-bit Operating System
-Graphics card: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family
I have windows vista service pack 2.

I have tried to play Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3. The emulator works fast in the menu, but it laggs to a point where it is unplayable in-game. I have tried to customize it using a guide on a website, several youtube videos, but still nothing. I've tried several versions, 1.1.0 (on svn) 1.0.0, 0.9.8, 0.9.6, but still nothing. Now, it crashes my laptop, and my laptop turns off. I've deleted PCSX2 for the time being, but i'll re-download it later. Could anyone please tell me how to fix the lag.
Your CPU and GPU are extremely weak so don't expect anything great/at all.

As for it crashing your laptop, any specifics on that? (i.e Blue Screen? Windows Explorer crash?)
Acer Aspire V3-571
CPU: Intel i5-3210M @ 3.1GHz (overclocked)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (up to 1760MB)
RAM: 6 GB DDR3

Playing: FFX-2
The crash is the blue window, where it says to protect computer, the computer is switching off... And im disappointed to hear that its not good enough. Well im getting a new computer in 4 months time, so I hope that one will be able to play pcsx2, because from what i've seen on youtube, its a great emulator. But till then, any tips to improve performance in the emulator?
I noticed that your PC is the EXACT spec as mine... does it work fine on yours and what settings have you used

(12-23-2008, 05:27 PM)Summoner Wrote: Minimum
* Windows/Linux OS
* CPU that supports SSE2 (Pentium 4 and up, Athlon64 and up)
* GPU that supports Pixel Shaders 2.0
* 512mb RAM
Recommended
* Windows Vista 32bit/64bit
* CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2ghz or better
* GPU: 8600gt or better
* 1gb RAM (2gb if on Vista)
Those comps are weak. You are getting a blue screen cause you computer is about to catch fire.

Also I wouldn't really believe those specs. If you are going to play anything remotely fun. I would suggest at a min my specs -the 5 big HDDs of course. At min 4 gigs of ram.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

Would the i5 2400 and HD 6850 be good enough for rogue galaxy, DQ8 and the persona games with 2x native? I don't have the processor yet so I can't test it myself.