Haunting Ground glitch: Everything is green!
(04-11-2013, 07:12 AM)Scootaloo Wrote: Six cores? lol I wish... I have a quad core (4 cores) actually. Even with the quad core software mode still runs very slow.

oh i'm so sorry,i replied to rosebuddi.see his first post.merge it with the first post Tongue2.in u'r case u can set extra rendering threads to 2 Smile

Sponsored links

(04-11-2013, 07:12 AM)Scootaloo Wrote: Six cores? lol I wish... I have a quad core (4 cores) actually. Even with the quad core software mode still runs very slow.

Tongue Six cores does not necessarily mean best speed though. My CPU is a bit above average but four cores is best in my opinion. So when I eventually replace my CPU I will definitely get a quad core ^^ ... because PCSX2 only uses up to three which pretty much means half of my CPU is going to waste.
Actually on normal use (Without MTVU) PCSX2 only needs 2 cores, but with MTVU it utilizes the 3rd core If I recall correctly from some older posts.
(04-11-2013, 11:32 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: Actually on normal use (Without MTVU) PCSX2 only needs 2 cores, but with MTVU it utilizes the 3rd core If I recall correctly from some older posts.

Yeah, that's what I meant by "up to three cores."
(04-11-2013, 08:41 PM)RoseBuddi Wrote: Tongue Six cores does not necessarily mean best speed though. My CPU is a bit above average but four cores is best in my opinion. So when I eventually replace my CPU I will definitely get a quad core ^^ ... because PCSX2 only uses up to three which pretty much means half of my CPU is going to waste.

why would youreplace u'r cpu.six cores are awesome.it'll help u in future for handle modern pc games & many other things like ps3 emulator lol Smile
LOL PS3 Emulator won't ever happen, if nowadays PC's have issues with PS2 Emulator, we need a pc of 10 years in the future to be able to run a PS3 emu.
(04-12-2013, 11:19 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: LOL PS3 Emulator won't ever happen, if nowadays PC's have issues with PS2 Emulator, we need a pc of 10 years in the future to be able to run a PS3 emu.

How're u so sure about we need pc's of 10 years to emulate ps3 emu.anything is possible dude.main thing is how developers actually develop the emu for best performance.i said it to rosebuddi because his cpu can handle future games & emulators like ps3 emu Happy
Again you're wrong about emulators and How I'm sure, well cause first there's no PS3 in the making, otherwise there would be news and even though I love my AMD stuff, Intel has just the upperhand in stuff like Emulating calculating power.
Actually rpcs3 is an ongoing ps3 emu.(even if it´s still a debugger for now)
So there actually Are some projects in dev.

But i agree with you strife.
A 6 core amd wont provably be enough to use that ind of emu.
I'm pretty sure when a stable version of this emu is available, most of our machines will have around 10 cores @6 ghz. Making this 6 cores amd definitely obsolete.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-13-2013, 10:43 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Actually rpcs3 is an ongoing ps3 emu.(even if it´s still a debugger for now)
So there actually Are some projects in dev.

But i agree with you strife.
A 6 core amd wont provably be enough to use that ind of emu.
I'm pretty sure when a stable version of this emu is available, most of our machines will have around 10 cores @6 ghz. Making this 6 cores amd definitely obsolete.

Eventually I know I'm going to have to upgrade if I want to play new games (which of course I will Smile), but for now I don't want to think about how much money a killer system would need to run a PS3 emulator. At least parts get cheaper over time so I'n not that worried.
_________
Also it has been almost 13 years since its released and even to this day the PS2 is not fully emulated. Yes it runs a lot of games and it runs well, but there are still other issues to be dealt with.