[Help] Star Ocean 3 (PAL) is too slow (10 fps)
(09-26-2012, 01:54 AM)Bositman Wrote: Getting 160 FPS here at the above first 3D scene at 3x scaling....

well your pc doesnt count Tongue
you have 4.2 ghz he has 2.8ghz xD

Sponsored links

set to native never ever set Custom Resolution(huge speed impact)

even your com is godly hardware still must best setting is set native(original ps2 resolution)

tick all recommended hacks

cpu speed 2.3ghz too slow

recommended cpu speed is 3.4ghz

this game is very demanding

take note!!!
overclocking your cpu is YOUR OWN RISK!!!

overclocking will shorten your cpu life so on......
(09-26-2012, 01:23 PM)knightt Wrote: set to native never ever set Custom Resolution(huge speed impact)

even your com is godly hardware still must best setting is set native(original ps2 resolution)

tick all recommended hacks
cpu speed 2.3ghz too slow
recommended cpu speed is 3.4ghz
this game is very demanding
overclocking your cpu is YOUR OWN RISK!!!
overclocking will shorten your cpu life so on......

what fail comment is this, i played it at 2.8ghz full speed, he has a laptop so no overclock for him. he has a gtx 650m that is more then enough for 2x native (he can play 3x even if he wanted to) and he said that he ticked native on and still had the same speeds.

game isnt that demanding anymore, get a grip on the situation here, i bet you didnt even readed all the posts that were made, you think that other members didnt adviced him to use recomended speedhacks?

please dont post when you dont know whats going on please, just wasting people's time with it.
GTX 660m, much better than the 650 Tongue2

Thx for your help warWeeny, I'm trying what your said.

[Image: mini_974667SOGS.jpg]
[Image: mini_453278SOSpeedhack.jpg]
[Image: mini_332722SOPatch.jpg]
[Image: mini_879936SOSettings.jpg]

Result : 27 fps on Vanguard III (1st planet, after the intro. I saved here after playing a little on Software mode).

[Image: mini_360020SO9.jpg]

EDIT : sorry, I'm working at day so, I can't check the forum or test my pcsx2 before a little late ^^'
This isn't really related to your problem, but just FYI: you don't need to use interlacing with this game, just hold Triangle+X while you boot up the game and set it to progressive scan.
i see something else on your desktop, you have skype active and other programs, this could be your problem.

what antivirus do you use? (i find it a consipracy i never used one and never had problems lol)
what programs does windows automatically start when you start up the laptop?
have you tried running pcsx2 on a cold boot? (no programs extra active etc just when you started up the laptop)
side bar is also taking up processing power, disable it when you want to play with pcsx2 (i never saw the use of it anyways, only wasted precious perfomance)

the settings of the pcsx2 are fine as it is now, you should set the EE cycle rate to 2 and vu cycle stealing to 1
this *should* improve the perfomance quite a bit. (if not keep em active anyway, i need to check your active programs first anyway)

also try in the hardware hacks section skipdraw 1 << this should fix double lines etc and can have a potentially speed up in some games (maybe this is one of em)
Well, I don't think the programs like Skype, Steam, Razer Mouss Driver or AVG antivirus should be a problem (Like I have 12Go RAM so...). But I'll close them and try.

Result : Nothing changed ^^'
And with the EE cycle rate on 2 and VU cycle rate on 1 : 27 fps > 30 fps. So no difference Tongue2
(09-27-2012, 12:07 AM)Mirage2000 Wrote: And with the EE cycle rate on 2 and VU cycle rate on 1 : 27 fps > 30 fps. So no difference Tongue2

wow im quite baffeled here xD

could it be you have enabled adaptive vsync (half refreshrate) in the nvidea control pannel? or any other fps limiting programs?

post the complete nvidea control panel settings if you would.
The vertical synchronisation is desactived on the nvidia panel. But I activated all others at the maximum (I tried with default setting and I'm on the maximum now, same results.).
There's no fps limiting programs. The game is sometimes at 50 fps but that depend where I am in the game.