InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(08-15-2014, 11:29 PM)marcoboyle Wrote: So, this is what i normally do using xpadder for guild wars, wow etc, but i cant work out how to do this very thing using just macro's.

If im understanding him right, and he wants the same as me, the aim is to have the right joystick automatically hold RMB when moving in a direction, so that the camera always moves with the right stick, as per a normal 3rd person action game. But i cant find a way to assign a macro to a joystick directions. When i click any joystick direction to assign a command, it just shows the keyboard and mouse layout, which allows 1 action, and no macro assignment. And if i use a macro builder, i can only assign mouse button presses, not mouse axis changes. I cant figure out a way to allow both at the same time.

Another small point which i think im not understanding with macro's (i know, i suck with them).

I was wanting to assign browser buttons back, forward, home and refresh to the dpad, like steam big picture. So i thought i'd choose the browser buttons in the media controls of the macro builder, and assign each one to a dpad direction, then go in the marco tab of the profile, and choose the macros ive made for each and assign them to the dpad? But this doesnt work. Can someone please help me with this?

Ahh, ok, at present there is no way to do this unless you actually assign RMB to a button and hold that while moving the joystick.
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool

Sponsored links

(08-15-2014, 06:30 PM)jhebbel Wrote: New Alpha release

CRUD operations for profile now complete, can create rename update and delete profiles

'Home' screen controller statuses changed to drop down more detailed information and change profile options

If all you use are basic features of DS4Windows and don't use Macros or button mapping then from this Alpha on you can use this as a replacement for DS4Tool

still seems to crash on it's own if no controllers are connected. i.e. blahblah has stopped working. not sure if it's just me or what. using windows 8.1 here. I know it's a WIP though.
(08-16-2014, 04:02 AM)Star Wrote: still seems to crash on it's own if no controllers are connected. i.e. blahblah has stopped working. not sure if it's just me or what. using windows 8.1 here. I know it's a WIP though.

Hmm I don't have this issue.

I start the alpha first, no controllers are shown. Pad image is grey.
Then I press PS and the pad goes Bluetooth and it then it gets registered in Windows. At the same time the pad image in the Alpha lights up and I can see the battery life.
(08-16-2014, 10:47 AM)RedShadow Wrote: Hmm I don't have this issue.

I start the alpha first, no controllers are shown. Pad image is grey.
Then I press PS and the pad goes Bluetooth and it then it gets registered in Windows. At the same time the pad image in the Alpha lights up and I can see the battery life.

I didn't mean it crashes right away, but after sitting for some time. like if I turn off my controller and leave my computer on for awhile doing something else.
(08-16-2014, 10:56 AM)Star Wrote: I didn't mean it crashes right away, but after sitting for some time. like if I turn off my controller and leave my computer on for awhile doing something else.

I assume we are talking about the alpha? did this happen in the 1.4 line at all or just in this new one, does it generate a crash.log in your %appdata%\DS4Tool folder? if so can you post it here? If not does the crash window give any information?

Sixaxis Gyro and Accelerometer mapping will be in the next release, its kinda gimmicky and after playing some "Next Car Game" this morning using it, I can't really imagine who would want to really use it, but it has been requested a couple times so it'll be added.

(08-16-2014, 10:56 AM)Star Wrote: I didn't mean it crashes right away, but after sitting for some time. like if I turn off my controller and leave my computer on for awhile doing something else.

I will try, but I think I did that yesterday... well I'm not sure.
As soon as I am over playing, I will PS+Option to shut down the pad and let DS4Window sit there for a while.

(08-16-2014, 01:42 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Sixaxis Gyro and Accelerometer mapping will be in the next release, its kinda gimmicky and after playing some "Next Car Game" this morning using it, I can't really imagine who would want to really use it, but it has been requested a couple times so it'll be added.

Sounds great, but in your opinion it's not good to steer the car?
Well I am more of a choppa/aircraft dude, I'd like to try how this would behave Smile
(08-16-2014, 01:47 PM)RedShadow Wrote: I will try, but I think I did that yesterday... well I'm not sure.
As soon as I am over playing, I will PS+Option to shut down the pad and let DS4Window sit there for a while.

Sounds great, but in your opinion it's not good to steer the car?
Well I am more of a choppa/aircraft dude, I'd like to try how this would behave Smile

Its probably just me, but I certainly wouldn't use this method over normal sticks as I feel i have more precision with the sticks, could just take some getting used to as well.

Some other more advanced features that are on the way are things like radial dead zones like we talked about before, and stick angle offset (still focus grouping the name lol). Stick angle offset is what you will be able to use to offset your perceived top dead center (as well as other radial points) and what the controller actually knows as top dead center, so in layman's terms when you push the stick to the position that feels natural for you for a straightforward movement, it will map to true straightforward instead of turning your character. Hope I explained that correctly ;-)

Thanks for creating this awesome piece of software. I am trying to create a profile for a non-controller supported game but once I map any mouse control other than mouse up the cursor continues to move in the joystick specified motion, even when there is nothing touching the joystick. The motion will not stop until a key that is not a mouse direction is pressed like the letter q. Any suggestions on fixing this issue? Thanks.