InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(08-23-2014, 01:21 PM)daisho Wrote: Alright, without special characters it works flawless now (didn't tried that as the website mentioned that they are required for password).
/Edit: Donated those $2 for ad-free, it's the least I can do.

Yea its a bug, not a specific requirement, its fixed in 1.5 though, has to do with how special characters are encoded for URLs

Much appreciated, If all worked smoothly they should disappear when you next login
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool

Sponsored links

(08-22-2014, 07:16 PM)jhebbel Wrote: can you post your debug log?
here the debug

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7E56A0961...A7D6%21381
(08-23-2014, 01:54 PM)sinlot Wrote: here the debug

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7E56A0961...A7D6%21381

That link looks broken, can you zip and upload it as an attachment here?

New Alpha!

http://1drv.ms/VLWtaa

A lot is different from last alpha, ill try to list it all:
* Sixaxis map implemented (located on bottom of Mapping tab in profile for now), Any accelerometer or Gyro can be mapped to Left or right stick x or y axis as well as mouse (trigger and mouse wheel option available but not yet implemented)
Need to create some tuning options for six axis mappings still but for now they are basic 1:1 mapping
* Axis tuning implemented with new features such as angle offset (with a included wizard to determine your ideal angle offset), Deadzone type (axial and radial hard are available, radial soft will take some more math). Trigger tuning is in the UI but not yet implemented.
* Sidebar is collapsible to save space
* Controller status on home screen are now expandable panels

I have to say, you are making some awesome improvements to the tool. Its nearly impossible for me to choose which branch of the tool I want to support but I think time will make a clear winner more obvious.

One suggestion, I think your web server in the app is a pretty cool feature and the people who do use it will be more than appreciative of your work on it, that being said, it should be disabled by default. A person installing a controller application probably wouldn't expect it to enable a web server by default. I knew the option existed but when I was trying your tool I wad surprised to find it defaulted to on and indeed was running.

I was also wondering if it could make toast. Not too dark, I like a softer toast, you know, not too crunchy.

Thanks again for all your work. Smile
(08-23-2014, 04:01 PM)Typo Wrote: I have to say, you are making some awesome improvements to the tool. Its nearly impossible for me to choose which branch of the tool I want to support but I think time will make a clear winner more obvious.

One suggestion, I think your web server in the app is a pretty cool feature and the people who do use it will be more than appreciative of your work on it, that being said, it should be disabled by default. A person installing a controller application probably wouldn't expect it to enable a web server by default. I knew the option existed but when I was trying your tool I wad surprised to find it defaulted to on and indeed was running.

I was also wondering if it could make toast. Not too dark, I like a softer toast, you know, not too crunchy.

Thanks again for all your work. Smile

Agreed on the web server bit, will change this in 1.5 aswell, if not for those reasons than for the simple fact that port 8080 is not always free and Id like people to see it and set it up as needed.

(08-23-2014, 02:21 PM)jhebbel Wrote: New Alpha!

http://1drv.ms/VLWtaa

A lot is different from last alpha, ill try to list it all:
* Sixaxis map implemented (located on bottom of Mapping tab in profile for now), Any accelerometer or Gyro can be mapped to Left or right stick x or y axis as well as mouse (trigger and mouse wheel option available but not yet implemented)
Need to create some tuning options for six axis mappings still but for now they are basic 1:1 mapping
* Axis tuning implemented with new features such as angle offset (with a included wizard to determine your ideal angle offset), Deadzone type (axial and radial hard are available, radial soft will take some more math). Trigger tuning is in the UI but not yet implemented.
* Sidebar is collapsible to save space
* Controller status on home screen are now expandable panels

Wow I tried the giro and damn, this works! Biggrin
So far tested on 2D shooters games, especially Ikaruga.
That works quite well Laugh
I gotta wait for a choppa simulator to download and test more.

However I noticed a few things:
* The Axis Tuning does not work when in use with a Giro mapping. Like my GiroX is LeftStickX but my Left stick deadzone which is 100 is ignored. Same for curve.

* It is hard to configure the Giro/Accel because I don't know the Pad's axes. So I had to use the XInput Test tool from the 1.4 to see what my movements would do. Hmmm, I think, it would be great if this little tool could be somehow integrated in the same panel when mapping the Giros. This or maybe something else like a graphical feedback maybe directly on the pad's picture.

* The user login panel screen is quite ugly right now Laugh but I guess that's a WIP

* The collapsing buttons on the left is... well, IHMO I don't like it. Maybe hovering on buttons should be longer before changing their size. It feels wrong. Like, the button is wide, I click on it, the panel updates itself, I move my mouse on a control, then the button collapses, this moves the control I was about to click on, and leaves my mouse clicking on an empty space instead! Arg!

* My first startup as a guest was a bit slow as the UI froze for a couple seconds when loading the ad. I think it was ad related as the ad panel was like blank and as soon as the picture came the UI started responding. However when logged, it is smooth.

* The password hash changes at every startup. Maybe that was the case before, but I happen to have profiles.xml loaded in notepad++ and this guy keeps popping a dialog asking me to reload the file as it changes in between startups. I'm curious Happy, the hash seems the have pretty much the same starting string but changes slightly after the 5th char or so.

Nice work man, this is gonna be great! Biggrin

EDIT: Okay, I just tried the Take On Helicopter Demo using the giro. It is impressive.
I also tried to map the giros a weird way, so I can hold the DS4 from the side, like a cyclic stick lol and it was working fine too. But now I realize that I would need a sensitivity option too, for each giro Wink
(08-23-2014, 06:26 PM)RedShadow Wrote: * The Axis Tuning does not work when in use with a Giro mapping. Like my GiroX is LeftStickX but my Left stick deadzone which is 100 is ignored. Same for curve.
The sixaxis will have its own configuration sliders once I get the math worked out, the normal ones won't quite work.

(08-23-2014, 06:26 PM)RedShadow Wrote: * It is hard to configure the Giro/Accel because I don't know the Pad's axes. So I had to use the XInput Test tool from the 1.4 to see what my movements would do. Hmmm, I think, it would be great if this little tool could be somehow integrated in the same panel when mapping the Giros. This or maybe something else like a graphical feedback maybe directly on the pad's picture.
I may be able to draft up some icons or pictures to indicate the differences, actually showing the pads input here is difficult because profiles are not directly related to pads anymore, they are independent.

(08-23-2014, 06:26 PM)RedShadow Wrote: * The user login panel screen is quite ugly right now Laugh but I guess that's a WIP

* The collapsing buttons on the left is... well, IHMO I don't like it. Maybe hovering on buttons should be longer before changing their size. It feels wrong. Like, the button is wide, I click on it, the panel updates itself, I move my mouse on a control, then the button collapses, this moves the control I was about to click on, and leaves my mouse clicking on an empty space instead! Arg!
Dunno, hard to please everyone lol, maybe ill make this an option.

(08-23-2014, 06:26 PM)RedShadow Wrote: * My first startup as a guest was a bit slow as the UI froze for a couple seconds when loading the ad. I think it was ad related as the ad panel was like blank and as soon as the picture came the UI started responding. However when logged, it is smooth.
This could possibly be because of the directory change and it creating the directory and file structure on first start? does it happen at all after?

(08-23-2014, 06:26 PM)RedShadow Wrote: * The password hash changes at every startup. Maybe that was the case before, but I happen to have profiles.xml loaded in notepad++ and this guy keeps popping a dialog asking me to reload the file as it changes in between startups. I'm curious Happy, the hash seems the have pretty much the same starting string but changes slightly after the 5th char or so.

Nice work man, this is gonna be great! Biggrin
It indeed uses a random seed rehash at each start, i'm a stickler for security lol.

(08-23-2014, 07:00 PM)jhebbel Wrote: This could possibly be because of the directory change and it creating the directory and file structure on first start? does it happen at all after?

No, on normal operation it is perfectly smooth.
It was just on my first start of the app.

So now, I just logged out and restarted the application. When the window appeared, I kept moving it around until it froze for barely a second, right when the ad panel was updated.
There is first only the blue background, then the empty and totally white panel appears, and then it freezes real quick before the ad comes to life. I now suspect it is the loading of the IE component.

Now it doesn't do it anymore, I keep trying but no more freeze at all. Something must have been cached by the OS.
Anyway, no big deal Smile

BTW you might wanna disable the right click on the ad panel, that IE context menu suxass lol
(08-23-2014, 08:37 PM)RedShadow Wrote: No, on normal operation it is perfectly smooth.
It was just on my first start of the app.

So now, I just logged out and restarted the application. When the window appeared, I kept moving it around until it froze for barely a second, right when the ad panel was updated.
There is first only the blue background, then the empty and totally white panel appears, and then it freezes real quick before the ad comes to life. I now suspect it is the loading of the IE component.

Now it doesn't do it anymore, I keep trying but no more freeze at all. Something must have been cached by the OS.
Anyway, no big deal Smile

BTW you might wanna disable the right click on the ad panel, that IE context menu suxass lol

The directory structure creation may just be right next to the ad load code in order of operations, will disable the context menu.