InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(09-19-2014, 08:28 PM)GeneralFailer Wrote: Well, no offence to jhebbel, but if DS4Windows wasn't proprietary adware I at least could've taken the offense about "free".
Congratulations, now you are embarassing yourself!

How could you take offense to free, regardless of the ad there is absolutely no functionality differences between ad supported and donation supported versions, and how is he embarrassing himself, this is in fact based originally upon scarlet crushed ds43 tool.
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool

Sponsored links

(09-18-2014, 12:59 PM)jhebbel Wrote: The only way I know of for that to not be visible is if the controller is not paired or connected properly to begin with, are you using Windows drivers for your BT dongle? Meaning you did NOT use a manufactures CD or download to install it. If not reinstall it using just windows drivers. Were you able to successfully pair? The controller can still show up in windows even if it is not properly paired. Are you selecting the correct controller to look for the service? Only the BT instance of the DS4 will have the option, not any of its ghost duplicates.

I did install the manufacturer's drivers initially, but uninstalled them when I actually read the instructions here and saw to use the Windows drivers. So, I think now I'm using the Windows drivers, but I'm not really sure. The controller did pair using the manufacturer drivers, but DS4Windows told me it was the wrong driver/stack.

Right after uninstalling the manufacturer's drivers the controller wasn't even being discovered, but I did the stuff in Xaero's post a few times and now it's behaving like I said before. The computer discovers the controller and says that it has been successfully added, and that Windows is checking for drivers to install. There's only 1 instance of the controller showing up in Devices and Printers. When I go to the services tab in controller properties it shows the little, blue "waiting" circle and then nothing after that.

Is Xaero's method sufficient for reinstalling with only Windows drivers or is there something else that I need to do?
(09-19-2014, 08:37 PM)jhebbel Wrote: How could you take offense to free, regardless of the ad there is absolutely no functionality differences between ad supported and donation supported versions, and how is he embarrassing himself, this is in fact based originally upon scarlet crushed ds43 tool.
I don't consider adware much cheaper than paid software, because you are still earning money on me, even though indirectly. And don't talk about server costs again, you can't really prove me that you aren't earning anything from this.
You made me confused with "dumped Scarlett.Crush's code" phrase. It still seems like either jesalvein missed the point of my statement or just doesn't know what DS4Tool is.
Even if he is earning money, so what? He made this project and gives it to you at no cost. No ones forcing you to use it. If he wants to put in an ad to help support himself, that's his right.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(09-19-2014, 09:02 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Even if he is earning money, so what? He made this project and gives it to you at no cost. No ones forcing you to use it. If he wants to put in an ad to help support himself, that's his right.
Free doll is still an unfair comparison in my opinion. Why am I not allowed to describe my experience in a civilized way? Point out where I sinked to something comparable to jesalvein's childish insults, please. I actually don't see where I did.
(09-19-2014, 08:20 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Er... dunno.
I had that picture of a little girl getting a free doll as a gift in a shop, then coming back because that free gift isn't exactly what she was expecting.

Some kind of miseducation, you know...

Biggrin
LMFAO! I'm sure my neighbors heard me laughing that hard.

Okay seriously GeneralFailer, I kinda understand what your are trying to say. Yes the software is not perfect, yet. Yes maybe there should have been an "about" section in the software that should have stated all the used libraries, legal crap, etc.

Yes, the 1.5 version might not be fully "RC" right now. The Win 8 RC was almost the full version, yes, yes I get it.

But look, I'm trying to be nice here, and understanding with you.
DS4Windows was born only because jhebbel was there. What he does with the tool, how he finances it or how he markets it, that's his business.

If somehow your ethics are being violated by this program, indeed, nobody is forcing you to use it. Keep in mind that this is still a work in progress and we, the people on this forums, can make it better. jhebbels has listened to us, is listening to us, and has done everything he did he would. I trust the guy. Now, you may not and that's okay.

You have pointed out issues, and for that, that's great. But it is your tone that bothers me. It bothers me so much that I am starting to think you may be trolling us.

Why upgrade to jhebbel's fork?
Macros, sixaxis support, auto app profile switch, cloud profiles, and because that's an active project. And more. And also because you can help the dude, contribute, and make it even better.

I ain't gonna say it again bro, if something is wrong for you, just say it politely and contribute like everyone else, but stop bitching.
lol ,
(09-19-2014, 08:48 PM)GeneralFailer Wrote: You made me confused with "dumped Scarlett.Crush's code" phrase. It still seems like either jesalvein missed the point of my statement or just doesn't know what DS4Tool is.

I know what it is.
I just didn't see in what jhebbel's Ds4Windows was an "upgrade" of DS4Tool.

Just as a reminder, this thread's purposes are :
- getting support
- contribute to the tool. As Jhebbel said, he'll be happy to share his code with anyone willing to help.
- Thank the author

Since "spoilt child behaviour" doesn't fit in any of those categories, thanks for letting the grown up talk together and leaving this thread.

Now, back on topic.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
@jhebbel is it possible to bind buttons to the media controlls?
(09-19-2014, 09:53 PM)roli Wrote: @jhebbel is it possible to bind buttons to the media controlls?

So far it's not possible using the interface. But you can try and find scancodes and put them inside your profile file.

For example I have added "Volume Up" (SC 174) and "Volume Down" (SC 175) for Share and Options respectively.

Code:
<Share ActionType="Keyboard" FunctionType="None">174</Share>
      <Options ActionType="Keyboard" FunctionType="None">175</Options>

Smile