InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(09-19-2014, 10:02 PM)RedShadow Wrote: So far it's not possible using the interface. But you can try and find scancodes and put them inside your profile file.

For example I have added "Volume Up" (SC 174) and "Volume Down" (SC 175) for Share and Options respectively.

Code:
<Share ActionType="Keyboard" FunctionType="None">174</Share>
      <Options ActionType="Keyboard" FunctionType="None">175</Options>

Smile
That's awesome!!! I really wish I knew stuff about coding. what should I change if I want volume up on R2 and volume Down on L2?

Sponsored links

(09-19-2014, 10:05 PM)roli Wrote: That's awesome!!! I really wish I knew stuff about coding. what should I change if I want volume up on R2 and volume Down on L2?

That's not even coding Smile

Well you have to open your XML profile file into a text editor.
Something like notepad or notepad++
You profile is somewhere in %appdata%\DS4Windows\Profiles
In this folder you have all the profiles you have created.
Open the one you want in a text editor.

You will see lotsa stuff.
You need to find the <Controls> tag (it's called a 'tag').

There under the <Controls> tag, each line represents a pad button and what this button should do. That is, until you see the closing tag </Controls>.

<R2 ActionType="Keyboard" FunctionType="None">1234</R2>

See? The blue stuff is the key name, here above: R2. And the orange number is the scancode R2 should execute when pressed. Here above I wrote 1234 as an example.

And there too we have the opening tag <R2> and it's closing tag </R2>.

What you wanna do is to put or replace the R2 and L2 lines, and do something like that:

Code:
<L2 ActionType="Keyboard" FunctionType="None">174</L2>
<R2 ActionType="Keyboard" FunctionType="None">175</R2>

See, 174 is VolDown and 175 is VolUp, like I said in my previous post.
That should work.

Make a backup of your profile first, you don't want to [Blyss Sarania]*snip* (stop bypassing the censor please)[/Blyss Sarania] up your profile Smile
(09-19-2014, 10:28 PM)RedShadow Wrote: That's not even coding Smile

Well you have to open your XML profile file into a text editor.
Something like notepad or notepad++
You profile is somewhere in %appdata%\DS4Windows\Profiles
In this folder you have all the profiles you have created.
Open the one you want in a text editor.

You will see lotsa stuff.
You need to find the <Controls> tag (it's called a 'tag').

There under the <Controls> tag, each line represents a pad button and what this button should do. That is, until you see the closing tag </Controls>.

<R2 ActionType="Keyboard" FunctionType="None">1234</R2>

See? The blue stuff is the key name, here above: R2. And the orange number is the scancode R2 should execute when pressed. Here above I wrote 1234 as an example.

And there too we have the opening tag <R2> and it's closing tag </R2>.

What you wanna do is to put or replace the R2 and L2 lines, and do something like that:

Code:
<L2 ActionType="Keyboard" FunctionType="None">174</L2>
<R2 ActionType="Keyboard" FunctionType="None">175</R2>

See, 174 is VolDown and 175 is VolUp, like I said in my previous post.
That should work.

Make a backup of your profile first, you don't want to [Blyss Sarania]*snip* (stop bypassing the censor please)[/Blyss Sarania] up your profile Smile

Thanks gonna try that now Smile
@RedShadow it worked!! Awesome!
@jhebbel is it possible to turn Down the strength of the lightbar?
(09-19-2014, 11:09 PM)roli Wrote: @jhebbel is it possible to turn Down the strength of the lightbar?
Just lower the value of the color slider and it will get darker.
(09-19-2014, 09:53 PM)roli Wrote: @jhebbel is it possible to bind buttons to the media controlls?
RedShadow hit this pretty good but yet there will be buttons to fast bind that stuff in the future, got now anything with a scancode is fair game.
(09-19-2014, 11:09 PM)roli Wrote: @jhebbel is it possible to turn Down the strength of the lightbar?
Strength aka brightness is just a natter of lowering the RGB mix, play around in the color picker and choose something closer to black and it will appear darker,
(09-19-2014, 11:58 PM)Wirenut48 Wrote: Just lower the value of the color slider and it will get darker.
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool
(09-19-2014, 08:41 PM)antwon87 Wrote: I did install the manufacturer's drivers initially, but uninstalled them when I actually read the instructions here and saw to use the Windows drivers. So, I think now I'm using the Windows drivers, but I'm not really sure. The controller did pair using the manufacturer drivers, but DS4Windows told me it was the wrong driver/stack.

Right after uninstalling the manufacturer's drivers the controller wasn't even being discovered, but I did the stuff in Xaero's post a few times and now it's behaving like I said before. The computer discovers the controller and says that it has been successfully added, and that Windows is checking for drivers to install. There's only 1 instance of the controller showing up in Devices and Printers. When I go to the services tab in controller properties it shows the little, blue "waiting" circle and then nothing after that.

Is Xaero's method sufficient for reinstalling with only Windows drivers or is there something else that I need to do?

One more detail I just noticed, in my controller preferences, on both the General and Bluetooth tabs, the model is shown as "Unavailable" while I see in your video that your model is "Bluetooth Peripheral Device." Don't know if that will help identify the issue at all, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
(09-20-2014, 02:41 AM)antwon87 Wrote: One more detail I just noticed, in my controller preferences, on both the General and Bluetooth tabs, the model is shown as "Unavailable" while I see in your video that your model is "Bluetooth Peripheral Device." Don't know if that will help identify the issue at all, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Ill get with you tom morn and get some more info, but initial impressions are its an unsupported BT dongle.

(09-20-2014, 02:41 AM)antwon87 Wrote: One more detail I just noticed, in my controller preferences, on both the General and Bluetooth tabs, the model is shown as "Unavailable" while I see in your video that your model is "Bluetooth Peripheral Device." Don't know if that will help identify the issue at all, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

So this is how mine looks:

[Image: 09.20.2014-13.39.png]

And your saying your does not fill in like this?