InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
So Ill recreate the problem.

I load up Chrono Trigger and I map the arrow keys to the D-Pad and the Right Analog, so I can use the stick for character movement and the D-pad for menu movement.

When I move with he Analog it will stick to moving in one direction, and i pressing all directions in a circle seems to make it stop, or just any combination of other directional inputs.

Now, I thought it was just the SNES9X emulator, but thats not true, It did the same for Minecraft and any FPS.

If I run DS4Helathchecker it gives me all green lights.

I have no idea what he problem is..... Its only the analog

So, thats everything lol

If anyone has any idea I really appreciate any help

Sponsored links

HELP!!!

I'm running Bootcamp Windows 8.1 on my Mac Desktop, and downloaded DS4Windows earlier this week to handle DS2.

Everythings going smoothly until this afternoon I restarted and updates were installed.

Next time I booted up windows, I was having latency issues followed by controller disconnecting within 1-2 min...

Tried troubleshooting online... went one by one and uninstalled all the windows updates and rebooted.. didn't work..

Then uninstalled DS4/reinstalled and it doesn't even recognize that the controller is plugged in... not sure what to do.

HELP!! Severely addicted to DS2 having withdrawal!!!!
(01-11-2015, 03:01 AM)justthisoneproblem Wrote: HELP!!!

I'm running Bootcamp Windows 8.1 on my Mac Desktop, and downloaded DS4Windows earlier this week to handle DS2.

Everythings going smoothly until this afternoon I restarted and updates were installed.

Next time I booted up windows, I was having latency issues followed by controller disconnecting within 1-2 min...

Tried troubleshooting online... went one by one and uninstalled all the windows updates and rebooted.. didn't work..

Then uninstalled DS4/reinstalled and it doesn't even recognize that the controller is plugged in... not sure what to do.

HELP!! Severely addicted to DS2 having withdrawal!!!!

Oh also, this was all done via micro-USB. I get the little noise that indicates the computer knows the controller is plugged in but it doesn't pop up in DS4/doesn't work
Im having serious problems getting the ds4 to pair over bluetooth.
I installed a bluetooth chip on my motherboard, installed bluetooth drivers, and paired it no problem. After it lost its charge the controller refuses to pair again.
On windows 7 x64, Intel 7260 wifi/bluetooth 4.0 card

I've uninstalled bluetooth drivers, uninstalled all non-present devices in device manager related to bluetooth and Hid- complaint controllers.
Uninstalled SCP Virtual Bus Driver, uninstalled DS4Windows. Re-installed everything using the generic bluetooth driver and it simply wont hold it's pair over bluetooth.

After a complete uninstall (including deleting registry keys) I go to Add device- then initiate pair (share + PS button) It will give me a prompt it succesfully paired. However, when I go to "show bluetooth devices" And go to -Properties- I see wireless controller. I select -game controller settings- to test the input and the controller is unresponsive to key presses. Within a minute of pairing over bluetooth the controller will flash from "wireless controller" to "Hid-complaint controller" [under bluetooth devices] for about a second and then will remove itself and disappear.
Only thing I can do is try to re-pair it again,but the outcome is the same. It will say it paired succesfully, but after a minute it will lose connection and disappear under devices.
Each time I re-pair I have to go in device manager and delete all the Bluetooth Hid devices and Hid complaint controller drivers that get added, as each re-pair just keeps adding the driver.

Ive scoured countless comment sections, tutorials on youtube, and posts from this forum. But I can not find a way to fix this. The controller was working at one point, after I installed the bluetooth card, but after it lost its charge and I used it over USB, the moment I went to sync it back over bluetooth it would refuse to hold a paired connection.
Device works fine over USB, but I got this sweet M.2 bluetooth chip just for this controller and would love to see it work. My only other alternative it seems is to buy a XBOX one controller and I'd rather not.

This seems to be an issue many people are having and there hasn't been a fix yet.
Any help on this issue. Its much appreciated and I know others are looking for help too.
Incredible piece of software; thank you so much for creating this.

For the next version, could you possibly address the following regarding Idle Disconnect?

-Specify the exact time being set on the sliders
-Allow a "Never disconnect when charging" option

The second would be a huge lifesaver.

Thanks, can't wait to hear your feedback!
(01-11-2015, 02:54 PM)jimcan Wrote: Im having serious problems getting the ds4 to pair over bluetooth.
I installed a bluetooth chip on my motherboard, installed bluetooth drivers, and paired it no problem. After it lost its charge the controller refuses to pair again.
On windows 7 x64, Intel 7260 wifi/bluetooth 4.0 card

I've uninstalled bluetooth drivers, uninstalled all non-present devices in device manager related to bluetooth and Hid- complaint controllers.
Uninstalled SCP Virtual Bus Driver, uninstalled DS4Windows. Re-installed everything using the generic bluetooth driver and it simply wont hold it's pair over bluetooth.

After a complete uninstall (including deleting registry keys) I go to Add device- then initiate pair (share + PS button) It will give me a prompt it succesfully paired. However, when I go to "show bluetooth devices" And go to -Properties- I see wireless controller. I select -game controller settings- to test the input and the controller is unresponsive to key presses. Within a minute of pairing over bluetooth the controller will flash from "wireless controller" to "Hid-complaint controller" [under bluetooth devices] for about a second and then will remove itself and disappear.
Only thing I can do is try to re-pair it again,but the outcome is the same. It will say it paired succesfully, but after a minute it will lose connection and disappear under devices.
Each time I re-pair I have to go in device manager and delete all the Bluetooth Hid devices and Hid complaint controller drivers that get added, as each re-pair just keeps adding the driver.

Ive scoured countless comment sections, tutorials on youtube, and posts from this forum. But I can not find a way to fix this. The controller was working at one point, after I installed the bluetooth card, but after it lost its charge and I used it over USB, the moment I went to sync it back over bluetooth it would refuse to hold a paired connection.
Device works fine over USB, but I got this sweet M.2 bluetooth chip just for this controller and would love to see it work. My only other alternative it seems is to buy a XBOX one controller and I'd rather not.

This seems to be an issue many people are having and there hasn't been a fix yet.
Any help on this issue. Its much appreciated and I know others are looking for help too.
Just need to keep at it, trying different things pairing the DS4 in W7 is difficult. Do you have "prompt when a bluetooth device tries to connect" selected in the bluetooth settings? That was a problem for me once, without acknowledging for it to connect it would disconnect.
W7 64bit
(01-11-2015, 01:06 AM)NeroIPV6 Wrote: So Ill recreate the problem.

I load up Chrono Trigger and I map the arrow keys to the D-Pad and the Right Analog, so I can use the stick for character movement and the D-pad for menu movement.

When I move with he Analog it will stick to moving in one direction, and i pressing all directions in a circle seems to make it stop, or just any combination of other directional inputs.

Now, I thought it was just the SNES9X emulator, but thats not true, It did the same for Minecraft and any FPS.

If I run DS4Helathchecker it gives me all green lights.

I have no idea what he problem is..... Its only the analog

So, thats everything lol

If anyone has any idea I really appreciate any help
Have you tried mapping to the analog only?
W7 64bit
In response to Wirenut48-

I tried all combinations of settings. Checked all boxes, unchecked all boxes. I have been going at it for about a month on end. Today I did an update to windows 7.
Lo and behold bluetooth finally decided to hold it's pair. (For now) I have had this issue come up at least three times where it would pair and after the computer is restarted or controller loses it's charge, the pair will be lost.
However, for others with a similar issue, It seems this can very well be a driver issue.
This particular chip seems popular in newer notebooks and is used for intel Nuc's. I tried to isolate the issue by pairing another bluetooth device. And even though the device paired, after a while the computer couldn't recognize any services on the device. (Paired an Android phone)
At one time it did work so it made it very hard to isolate the problem. The chipset in question is the Intel 7260 AC wifi/bluetooth combo. I went to the Intel forum and others had problems with this chipset. But the windows update seemed to fix it.
However, now I have other problems.
The battery percentage is off and I am having extremem latency.
(01-11-2015, 06:59 PM)Wirenut48 Wrote: Have you tried mapping to the analog only?

Yes I have, Same problem
I have my ps4 controller paired with my bluetooth device. The light is white, on all the time and shows up as 'wireless controller' in the controller options. All the buttons on it work and everything but ds4windows doesn't appear to be able to find my controller. It finds it fine when it's plugged in but not on the bluetooth, even though it's obviously connected properly. It's soooooo frustrating and I have no idea what the problem could be.