Launching game from Run ELF will cause crash after 20 - 40 minutes.
(06-28-2012, 11:56 AM)vsub Wrote: Do I have to play or just start a game and wait 20min?
Just run the game until boot is enough. Wait for ~20 minutes after that.
Don't forget to run it from original ELF file (not from run cdvd).

(06-28-2012, 12:04 PM)refraction Wrote: what happens if you run the widescreen patch as a pnatch cheat file instead?
I can't give exact answer to this because I'm no expert.
AFAIK, there is no WS pnach patch for this game (and some other games too). ELF patch method are different with address hack method (pnach).

link to read:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid242441

source ELF patch:
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f19/ps2-wide...dex25.html

Sponsored links

(06-28-2012, 12:41 PM)cloud101090 Wrote: Just run the game until boot is enough. Wait for ~20 minutes after that.
Like I said...35 minutes and pcsx2 was works fine(I close it after that)
(06-28-2012, 12:41 PM)cloud101090 Wrote: Don't forget to run it from original ELF file (not from run cdvd).
Copied the elf from the image to the same directory as the image and start the game by using Linuzappz ISO
System=>Run ELF=>choose the image when Linuzappz ask for it.

Maybe try placing the elf in the same drive\directory as the image.
That's strange, the other day I played MGS2 with widescreen elf for 30-60 minutes and nothing happened. Some details:

r5178
elf modified with hxd
same directory as iso (mounted in alcohol 120)
filename format was [GAMECODE]-widescreen.elf
Same directory. Maybe thats my problem. crap, not to think of it.

testing. . .
will give report later . . .

btw, thank you guys for your support.
If someone can reproduce this I'll be interested in debugging it, but until then I'll have to assume it's just you.
Okay, I'm at loss.
Doing everything that I can think & do at this time (messing up pcsx2 setting, disable antivirus & other active apps, extract pcsx2 to new location & config it from zero, using save state & load state), still crash after ~20 minutes from Run ELF (using original ELF file). No problem / crash using run cdvd.

If it really just me, then so be it.
Maybe there is something wrong with my system.

Nevertheless, thank you very much.
Well it may be real, it's just that I need to know that it's real before I spend god knows how long trying to reproduce it here so I can debug it.
So this happened with Persona 4's original elf? I could try leaving the game running in the background today. Any others?
I've created video for this crash.
Still uploading on youtube. about 20 minutes.

@synce
tested Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence too. same crash. same time.
I think this affect on all game that run from ELF (at least on my pc).

Update:

Attached the log too on this post.
At 1:45, there is small bug when apply disable all speedhack option (option still not greyed).

Going to option menu to prevent looping intro video.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 131,13 KB / Downloads: 203)
No problems here running modified Demento elf for 40 minutes. Did everything I usually do, most hacks enabled including mtvu. This was on r5178 though, and all I did was drag the elf file into pcsx2. Seems I didn't even need the iso mounted...