LilyPad 0.10.0
Menus in FFXII need the d-pad buttons configured as far as I remember.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

(09-27-2010, 06:39 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Menus in FFXII need the d-pad buttons configured as far as I remember.
But SSSPSX PAD is working. I think it's lilypad's problem.
(09-27-2010, 06:52 AM)handa711 Wrote:
(09-27-2010, 06:39 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Menus in FFXII need the d-pad buttons configured as far as I remember.
But SSSPSX PAD is working. I think it's lilypad's problem.

Yeah probably because you haven't configured the D-pad in Lilypad Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-27-2010, 07:41 AM)Bositman Wrote:
(09-27-2010, 06:52 AM)handa711 Wrote: But SSSPSX PAD is working. I think it's lilypad's problem.

Yeah probably because you haven't configured the D-pad in Lilypad Tongue
Oops that's actually the problem. I feel so stupid now.
(09-24-2010, 12:00 AM)ChickenLiver Wrote: Isamu:

Epsxe does not support input plugins, so no, you can't use it with epsxe. LilyPad should work with other PSX emulators that do use pad plugins (psxseven, or some such...Not sure what else does).

Hi Chickenliver. I am messing around with psxeven at the moment, and I got it to see Lilypad by renaming the .dll file. However, it appears I cannot use it because Lilypad seems to only support three pad options: Unplugged(?), Dualshock 2, and Guitar. I don't see a Standard Pad or even Dualshock 1 option. Can you tell me if there is another version of Lilypad that emulates the original Dualshock controller or the regular playstation 1 pad? If there isn't, would it be possible for you to add these in, as well as NeGcon support? Please let me know.
(10-03-2010, 01:00 AM)Isamu Wrote: Hi Chickenliver. I am messing around with psxeven at the moment, and I got it to see Lilypad by renaming the .dll file. However, it appears I cannot use it because Lilypad seems to only support three pad options: Unplugged(?), Dualshock 2, and Guitar. I don't see a Standard Pad or even Dualshock 1 option. Can you tell me if there is another version of Lilypad that emulates the original Dualshock controller or the regular playstation 1 pad? If there isn't, would it be possible for you to add these in, as well as NeGcon support? Please let me know.

DS2s work with PS1 games (Though they might stop working with a lot of games after you press the analog button, until you press it again).

As for NeGcon support...No idea what the heck that is, and wouldn't feel like trying to figure out how they differ from DS2, even if I did.
ok thanks
(10-03-2010, 11:01 AM)Isamu Wrote: ok thanks

If it isn't working is psxseven, you might want to try an older version (Like the one with 0.9.6, or the one in this thread)...I tested it at one point, and it was working fine.

Looked up the NeGcon... And indeed don't have any interest in adding support. Suppose if I had detailed low level specs....
(10-03-2010, 05:37 PM)ChickenLiver Wrote: If it isn't working is psxseven, you might want to try an older version (Like the one with 0.9.6, or the one in this thread)...I tested it at one point, and it was working fine.

Looked up the NeGcon... And indeed don't have any interest in adding support. Suppose if I had detailed low level specs....

Chicken Liver I forgot to update and tell you I got Lilypad working in both Psxeven and PCSX Relaoded, and they work GREAT!!! RRType 4 with Lilypad delivers to my wheel what feels like very good ffb effects! Chicken you are the ***** man, dude! This is by far the best input plugin on the market!!! I like how you provided us with so many options and particularly give MAJOR props for allowing us to bind more than one PC controller to one button or function. Plus there's sensitivity and deadzone settings. It has it all! You rock bro.

One other thing, don't worry about the NeGcon...I discovered, to my surprise, that I had already own a very VERY rare input plugin specifically for NeGcon emulation called nngeco. I have NO idea when and where I got this thing or who the author is, but it acts like a NeGcon and delivers the goods! And besides, the reason Lilypad didn't work with Rage Racer when I posted a couple says ago, is because that game is very old and came out before Sony even released their pads with analog sticks. It's a game that supports only the original PS1 one pad and the Namco NeGcon.

I remember when Mad Catz released one of thier crappy plastic steering wheels way back in like 1997. It actually supported the negcon enabled games, so I bought that piece of ***** and that was the instrument that I used to pour a gazillion hours into Rage Racer back in the late 90's. Over 12 years later, I played Rage Racer on PCSX Reloaded yesterday for 6 hours straight, thanks to that silly nngeco input plugin.

You guys that make these plugin have played a role in bringing a significant amount of enjoyment to me and have provided the emulation community wonderful tools to allow us to enjoy some of our favorite game from the past. I will be using Lilypad for years to come to enjoy my favorite racing games on PS1 and PS2, such as Gran Turismo and the Ridge Racer games. Thank you so much.

Last but not least CL, there is a situation I would like to bring to your attention. As I'm sure you are aware, there is a very popular Nintendo Wii and Gamecube emulator out there called The Dolphin. Well, there is a gentlemen who is one its developers and his name is Billiard. Billiard contributes to quite a few areas of Dolphin, and he is also the one who designs its gamepad plugins.

To make a long story short, I have been in communication with Billiard over the last few weeks. We have been discussing why the rumble feature within his Gamecube pad input plugin does not acknowledge my steering wheel. I had told Billiard about Lilypad, and how it delivers rumble to my wheel without any problems in rumble and ffb enabled PS1 and 2 games. Billiard claims he uses the effects "Constant force", and now most recently, "Sine" and I think "Ramp". Anyway Chicken Liver, I suggested to Billiard that he grab the source code to Lilypad, and he did. He explained to me that he will try and look at the source code to see what you've done differently to what he's done with his gamecube pad plugin, and see if he can implement a way to have the plugin's rumble function "see" my wheel's motors and deliver rumble/ffb to it. It's really strange....the plugin itself, does recognize my wheel and I can even use it to play game cube games.....steering, buttons, etc all work fine. Just that there's no rumble.

Chicken Liver, I will keep you posted on what Billiard may or may not find. In the meantime, would it be OK if he contacted you regarding any questions about the design of Lilypad or the code? I'm eager to see whether or not he will be able to figure out why the rumble portion of his game cube input pad plugin is not recognizing my steering wheel. Also, if there's anything you can suggest for me to relay to him please let me know Smile
(10-04-2010, 11:02 AM)Isamu Wrote: Chicken Liver, I will keep you posted on what Billiard may or may not find. In the meantime, would it be OK if he contacted you regarding any questions about the design of Lilypad or the code? I'm eager to see whether or not he will be able to figure out why the rumble portion of his game cube input pad plugin is not recognizing my steering wheel. Also, if there's anything you can suggest for me to relay to him please let me know Smile

He's certainly free to contact me, but LilyPad's rumble code really isn't that great (Really, LilyPad itself is pretty much a mess). Also been quite a while since I worked on LilyPad, and even longer since I worked on its rumble code (Other than one minor bugfix, and DS3 native support).