LilyPad 0.10.0
I'm not a programmer, and very new to PCXS2 itself (just discovered it about a week ago), so sorry if I'm not much help.

Thanks for creating that patch though, LuisR14. Newb question: How do I use it? A quick glance at the "Patches" folder shows that they're all .pnach.

Sponsored links

you have to apply it to the pcsx2 SVN Smile (which means downloading the SVN and applying the patch with TortoiseSVN and then compiling Lilypad Smile)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
can anyone help with setting up the analog controls on keyboard please, thanks again
(07-07-2009, 03:03 PM)ChickenLiver Wrote: No clue. Might be a parameter on Direct3D creation or something. Find me documentation on how to disable it while an app is running, other than by using SC_SCREENSAVE (Which is what I use) or by disabling it all together (As in stays disabled on crash), and I'll implement it, as long as it's not a direct3D creation parameter or something similar (As I don't create the window, no sane way for me to handle it in that case). I know MPC is open source, but not going to spend time looking through it for the solution myself. Point me in the direction of docs, and happy to implement whatever's needed, however.

The SC_SCREENSAVE method doesn't work in Vista and later. From MSDN:
Quote:Windows Vista and later: If password protection is enabled by policy, the screen saver is started regardless of what an application does with the SC_SCREENSAVE notification.

How about simulating keyboard / mouse activity when the pad is used (like pressing a Control key, or moving the mouse cursor to the same position it is in)? Or you can ask Gabest directly (he's the developer of MPC).
Mindeye: That's what I said on the last page, though I wouldn't call that "not working", particularly as most people probably don't have that option enabled. No idea if simulating mouse movement or keystrokes would work. If LuisR14's solution doesn't mess up windows settings on exit, I'll implement it whenever I get around to working on LilyPad again.

LuisR14: There's at least one game that, last time I tried it, makes GSDX slow the system down so much that you basically have to kill PCSX2 to make your system usable. Behaves better in software mode, but still, PCSX2 is not exactly the most stable app out there. Gotten much better, but I really don't want to be messing up people's settings in any circumstances. Quite a few SVN versions turn out to be less than stable with a number of games as well. Also, if you don't have LilyPad's window close hack enabled, odds are you're going to try closing the GS that way at some point, and end up killing PCSX2 with task manager at least once, unless you run full screen.
LuisR14's patch passes 0 as the last parameter to SystemParametersInfo, so the user profile won't be updated. That means that, if PCSX2 crashes, the screensaver won't fire again during the session, but it will be enabled in the next log on. Simulating key presses may work if it's done using SendInput.

Unfortunately, I can't test that because I'm not running Vista.
(07-08-2009, 07:55 AM)Mindeye Wrote: LuisR14's patch passes 0 as the last parameter to SystemParametersInfo, so the user profile won't be updated.
yea i had put it specifically as 0 just so that it doesn't get saved into the user's windows config Smile (just hadn't mentioned it correctly Tongue)

(07-08-2009, 07:55 AM)Mindeye Wrote: Unfortunately, I can't test that because I'm not running Vista.
and i can test it under Windows 7 (since i have it Smile)

(07-08-2009, 07:28 AM)ChickenLiver Wrote: ... that you basically have to kill PCSX2 to make your system usable. ... Also, if you don't have LilyPad's window close hack enabled, odds are you're going to try closing the GS that way at some point, and end up killing PCSX2 with task manager at least once, unless you run full screen.
well whenever i load pcsx2 fullscreen for the first time (when i start up windows) gsdx seems to get frozen and i have kill pcsx2 through the task manager and the fullscreen would still work Smile (and that is just XP, have to test Win7 now Smile)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
So it does mess up the screensaver setting, at least until the next reboot, so if you rarely reboot...

If I make the change, there'll probably be a fair number of "I found a bug! LilyPad (or PCSX2) sometimes disables my screensaver!!" posts.
I have also noticed that the prevent screensaver option doesn't work in XP if Gsdx is in windowed mode (LilyPad 0.10.0 r1388).
That's pretty odd. Never had an issue with it, and I almost always run windowed... You do have PCSX2 in front, right? If you have, say, an IM client or web browser in the foreground, that's the reason.