Memory Card problems
Resident Evil (my random test) seems okay.. get a lot of these when saving though

Code:
During system file creation (the 40's get spammed lots):
memcardErase cmd: 00??
memcardErase cmd: FF??
memcardWrite cmd: 40??
memcardRead cmd: 40??
memcardErase cmd: 40??

During game save:
memcardRead cmd: 82??
memcardRead cmd: 7C??
if that means anything Tongue

and formatting in the bios shows this

Code:
(FileMcd) Warning: checksum sector overwritten. (0)
(FileMcd) Warning: checksum sector overwritten. (0)
But it appears to work
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

Problem with Tourist Trophy and memory card saves (with SVN 5775):

I created a new 8MB card and formated it through PCSX2. I boot my Tourist Trophy, save the game, play a couple of tracks, save again.

Next time i run PCSX2 and Tourist Trophy auto-loads the saved file, my joypad (PS2 with USB adapter) no longer works.

If i delete the saved file from the memory card, the game starts fine until it saves to the memory card again.

(I also noticed that the PCSX2 Bonus frontend no longer mounts memory cards)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 [email protected], P8P67, ASUS HD7870 CUII, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
@refraction: I used the "unknown command" part to loop around until a known command is found. So in case of garbage, that was to be expected. I guess it could be disabled to avoid the spam.

The message on format is a harmless side effect from the CRC stuff.

@GeoMan: Can you re-test with the build posted on the previous post please? This post.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
(12-29-2013, 12:02 AM)KrossX Wrote: @GeoMan: Can you re-test with the build posted on the previous post please? This post.

Same results, using my previous memcard for Tourist Trophy. I also tried creating a new 8MB card with this version of PCSX2 and formatting it through the game. In the log i get:

"Checksum Sector Overwritten" error

UPDATE: The problem appears to be related to 8MB cards.

I used a 32MB card formatted on a previous PCSX2 version and the game worked fine. I also made new mem cards in different sizes using the version of PCSX2 you pointed me at: with the 8MB i had the same problem i described earlier, but the 16MB and 32MB worked fine.

i7 [email protected], P8P67, ASUS HD7870 CUII, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Post the game's serial number please, and the memorycard with the save.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
(12-29-2013, 12:59 AM)KrossX Wrote: Post the game's serial number please, and the memorycard with the save.

SCES_533.72

Attached you will find the three cards at 8,16,32MB each with a Tourist Trophy save i made on each. The 8MB is causing the problem, the others work ok.

.rar   memcards.rar (Size: 4,5 MB / Downloads: 281)

I tried a bunch more games, about 10-15 random ones, was able to save and load in all of them, if that makes you feel any better lol
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I tried 4 games as well. They all worked, including the ones that didn't in 5774.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-29-2013, 01:59 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I tried 4 games as well. They all worked, including the ones that didn't in 5774.

I also had no problems with a few more games i tried (ex. GT4 from the same company as Tourist Trophy).

I suspect that the problem may be isolated to Tourist Trophy. I used to save everything on a 32MB card but today i decided to use a single 8MB card for each game as it is easier to manage your saves that way.

(12-29-2013, 02:18 AM)GeoMan Wrote: I also had no problems with a few more games i tried (ex. GT4 from the same company as Tourist Trophy).

I suspect that the problem may be isolated to Tourist Trophy. I used to save everything on a 32MB card but today i decided to use a single 8MB card for each game as it is easier to manage your saves that way.

But it does work with the 8mb in revisions 5773 and back?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD