My 24 hour testing experience with 0.9.8
New version is very nice ! i'm playing GOW 2 with internal resolution set to 1920x1080 image looks awesome. no glitchs. full speed.

Just a question, is there any solution for FFXII, the movies still cracking =(

Sponsored links

Buko Pandan, for game Recca no Honoo ( Flame of Recca ) can be play but use patch from Shadow Lady. unfortunately there's some issue, you can look in here

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Flame-of-Recca?page=2
Mobo: BIOSTAR TH67+
CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz
RAM: G-Skill(Ripjaws-X) 4GB Dual-Channel DDR3 PC12800
VGA: Sapphire ARCTIC COOLING HD 5670 1GB
(05-07-2011, 08:35 PM)bagus Wrote: Buko Pandan, for game Recca no Honoo ( Flame of Recca ) can be play but use patch from Shadow Lady. unfortunately there's some issue, you can look in here

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Flame-of-Recca?page=2

Thanks for the links, but if it still has some issues, I'll just wait for it until it's
fixed on the next releases, and if possible no patch is necessary to play this
game, in the meantime, I'll play it on my PS2 until that time comes. And I have a question, how do you apply patches in games that has issues, for example in Suikoden Tactics, there is an issue there that you can't get past
when the book in the starting point opens up and the game freezes at that point,and some says, that game needs a patch to get past it, I've been reading a lot of post regarding applying patches but I don't quite get how they do it. Can someone show me a step by step procedure how it's done , thanks

: Never Mind, I finally got it, didn't know it was easy as 1 2 3 , I make a fool out of myself in that question ha! ha!
And another question, in the latest GSDX I see some new interlacing features like the SDI software interlacing, I tried it out and I saw some tremendous improvements in speed despite my weak VRAM and processor,
but unfortunately it tends to crash all the time, just when I can finally forget about using the Direct 3D9 software rendering, can you recommend any video cards that supports this type of interlacing?
(05-08-2011, 02:00 PM)Buko Pandan Wrote: And another question, in the latest GSDX I see some new interlacing features like the SDI software interlacing...
SDL is a software renderer backend. GSdx software renderer can now use either D3D or SDL as a backend. It's identical in quality to D3D software renderer, but it also works on Linux, and possibly also a bit slower and less stable than D3D software renderer. Also, it has nothing to do with (de)interlacing.
(05-08-2011, 02:25 PM)avih Wrote: SDL is a software renderer backend. GSdx software renderer can now use either D3D or SDL as a backend. It's identical in quality to D3D software renderer, but it also works on Linux, and possibly also a bit slower and less stable than D3D software renderer. Also, it has nothing to do with (de)interlacing.

I see, so that's why it's crashing a lot, guess I'll just stick back to D3D9 Software Rendering then.
Tales of Destiny movies are still broken from my testing. I wonder if the patch that has been committed for growlanser is a similar issue. It sounds similar to the movies freezing at random points but with tales of destiny they are shippable so it wasn't game breaking. However I don't have the growlanser games to check. Otherwise most games work as expected some have a few bugs but mostly of the graphical nature nothing gamebreaking.
I can play The Bouncer and Front Mission 4 now. I haven't tried Dirge of Cerberus yet.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0GHz
MOB: ECS A780GM-A
GPU: XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
RAM: 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 400MHz
Wow, thanks for the list, it might help me decide which games are worth the trouble to dump. Though, some of your results are odd. Shadow of the Colossus, for example, runs really well for me when I turn on all speedhacks (SotC works well with them). I can understand why you tested without though.

Have you tried testing your games without framelimit? It would be cool if you could say what they all go at when not limited.

Anyways, this list was pretty helpful. I've been wanting to hunt down MS Saga for some time now, I think I might buy that next.
HP dv7 laptop :: Intel Core i5-560M @ 2.66 GHz :: ATI Radeon HD 5650 :: 4GB RAM :: Windows 7 64-bit
[Image: sig.gif]
(05-08-2011, 08:19 PM)HollowNinja Wrote: Wow, thanks for the list, it might help me decide which games are worth the trouble to dump. Though, some of your results are odd. Shadow of the Colossus, for example, runs really well for me when I turn on all speedhacks (SotC works well with them). I can understand why you tested without though.

Have you tried testing your games without framelimit? It would be cool if you could say what they all go at when not limited.

Anyways, this list was pretty helpful. I've been wanting to hunt down MS Saga for some time now, I think I might buy that next.

If you played Shadow of the Colossus, in what PC spec did you play it out? ( Whoops! Never mind don't tell me, I'm so blind, I did'nt saw your PC signature below your message. lol! I can see now, your PC is ten million, zillion light years far more better compared to mine, ha ha! )
as said from previous replies here, 3D games are having a hard time playing reasonable speeds in integrated video cards not to mention I've played this game only on a fairly poor integrated VRAM with only direct x 9 support and as I said, I tested these games without speed hacks, and no I never use framelimit disabling during my tests, but... I'll try it with speed hacks the next time I play it on my PC, and yeah, MS SAGA almost plays full speed even on my PC, except when there are fog effects, and I think I'll try testing all my games again with framelimiting disabled and I'll add some more games on the list, I still have some games that haven't been tested yet , guess it's back to the drawing board for me.