Native Mac Testing Build
About the fullscreen problem

I didn't know about this, but turns out there's a way to show all resolutions in Display settings by holding down option and clicking on "scaled". This way it's possible to change resoultion to 4:3 and then enter pcsx2 fullscreen

Once again, big big thanks to TellowKrinkle for making this mac version! It works very well, thank you!

Sponsored links

(09-20-2020, 09:52 AM)ClarkKent Wrote: Tried it but do not get any display, not with hardware, not with software rendering. Only the background color changes sometime. Sound is there. Using a late 2013 i7 iMac with GTX780m and MacOS 10.9.5. Only 32bit build starts (64bit crashes on start).

I've kind of given up on getting it to run on 10.9, it black screens and I have no clue why, and I'd rather work on other things

Can confirm that it works on 10.12, doesn't on 10.9, so the earliest macOS that it actually works properly on is somewhere in that range
(09-28-2020, 10:28 AM)TellowKrinkle Wrote: I've kind of given up on getting it to run on 10.9, it black screens and I have no clue why, and I'd rather work on other things

Can confirm that it works on 10.12, doesn't on 10.9, so the earliest macOS that it actually works properly on is somewhere in that range

It works fine on my latest version.. 10.14.6. Does that mean you are not working on this build for macOS anymore ? Because you said "I'd rather work on other things" ??
(09-28-2020, 11:55 AM)azoreseuropa Wrote: It works fine on my latest version.. 10.14.6. Does that mean you are not working on this build for macOS anymore ? Because you said "I'd rather work on other things" ??

He was saying that he would rather work on other issues instead.
(09-28-2020, 10:28 AM)TellowKrinkle Wrote: I've kind of given up on getting it to run on 10.9, it black screens and I have no clue why, and I'd rather work on other things

Sorry to hear that, my iMac would be powerful enough for it. Can't update my system mainly because of work-related things. I wonder what this could be...

But I can confirm that it works on 10.12 as I tried it on a much much slower low end iMac even with an onboard Intel HD 4000...
(09-28-2020, 06:13 PM)StLouisCPhT Wrote: He was saying that he would rather work on other issues instead.

Oh I understand. Thank you.
(09-28-2020, 07:22 PM)ClarkKent Wrote: Sorry to hear that, my iMac would be powerful enough for it. Can't update my system mainly because of work-related things. I wonder what this could be...

If you use OpenGL Profiler (from Apple's GPU developer tools) with the software renderer, you can see that the rendered frame is getting uploaded to the GPU as a texture, so the black screen is somewhere between that texture and the output framebuffer (or we could be setting up the OpenGL view in a way that's incompatible with 10.9). If someone goes in and figures out where exactly things are going wrong I'll give fixing it another try.
That’s very interesting! Unfortunately I’m no programmer and do not have any idea how I could help - is there something I can do?

If it’s between the texture and the framebuffer - can’t it be displayed without a framebuffer?
To be honest, macOS sucks for PCSX2. Go with Windows instead! Less hassle, you know!
(10-03-2020, 10:13 AM)azoreseuropa Wrote: To be honest, macOS sucks for PCSX2. Go with Windows instead! Less hassle, you know!

Wow, this is the first time in 30 years of being online that I found someone to be so annoying that I decided to put them on my ignore list..