Native Mac Testing Build
guys I made with !!!!
adding at onepad2.ini

SLD2 = mapping
plus adding the strings at botton info from gamepad tool

but !!!!! important is to in the gamepad tool
set mapping as a eviroment variable !!!!!! (forcing the game to take it)

street fighter aniversary works flawless
burn out 3 (no much lag)

My specs
MacBookair (estoy 2014)
1.4 Ghz Intel core i5 de dos núcleos
Memoria 4 Gob 1600 MHz ddr3
Tarjeta gráfica Inter HD graphics 5000 1536 MB
(Working but un the software rendering mode in the pluggin video configuration )

Sponsored links

Thank you very much for doing this work, TellowKrinkle!

Is there any way to get save states from the Windows build to work with this? I copied over my sstates folder and while the saves all appear in the menu, when i try to load them, PCSX2 says they are damaged and closes the game. I was dumb and used them with Breath of Fire V, which apparently causes issues with using your actual save file on the memory card, so unfortunately I can't use that to transfer my progress over to my Mac :/

Edit: The other thing I'm finding is when I fullscreen or maximize the window, the picture stretches to fit the 16:10 screen instead of pillarboxing to preserve the 4:3 aspect ratio no matter what settings I tweak.
(08-05-2020, 01:26 PM)gorillape Wrote: That didn't really do anything.. I was paying around with it, biggest thing to affect performace so far is internal resolution and texture filtering. Even with software renderer, getting a slideshow late in the first dungeon. HW is even worse.

(08-05-2020, 01:29 PM)jesalvein Wrote: can you please post the emulog ?

Where do I find the emulog? The program log? Should I just copy and paste whatever is there when I run the game? I'll do that. So, I boot iso (fast) "Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2". On hardware renderer at 2x native (720p) and no other effects or anything. Safe setting with MTVU checked. I loaded a save file that was at a part, near the begining, the troll cave where speed crawls to under 50%, slow motion. 2015 macbook pro. i7, radeon r9 m370X. Automatic graphics switching disabled.

https://pastebin.com/XGFUW1Ff

At the end I just paused the emulation. Thanks, Jesalvein.
(08-19-2020, 10:46 AM)gorillape Wrote: Where do I find the emulog? The program log? Should I just copy and paste whatever is there when I run the game?

should be in "logs" directory in pcsx2 main folder or in your home directory/pcsx2/logs
there you should fins a text file named "emulog.txt"

Quote:2015 macbook pro. i7, radeon r9 m370X. Automatic graphics switching disabled.
that may be too weak for pcsx2, especially games like Baldur's gate. But let's see the emulog.txt to be sure

EDIT : ok, your CPU isn't bad, but your GPU clearly sucks. don't set internal res higher than native. software renderer may even be better than hardware mode
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
So, before I jump into my issue, I just want to say thanks for putting the work into this! I've been using PCSX2 via Wine for the longest time, and performance was just sad. Running it natively on the Mac is the difference between being able to play certain favorite games or not.

My issue has to do with my new Bluetooth controller. I just picked up the new version of the SteelSeries Nimbus, the Nimbus+. A quick look here tells me that the Nimbus+ has not yet been added to the controller database, but the SteelSeries Nimbus, (the original), has been.

I'm able to confirm this further by simply firing up PCSX2 and attempting to configure my controller via the PAD plugin. The error message in the console indicates that PCSX2 can "see" my controller, but it doesn't "recognize" it:

Code:
onepad: Joystick (Unknown Nimbus+,GUID:05000000556e6b6e6f776e204e696d00) isn't yet supported by the SDL2 game controller API

No problem though, I've seen the instructions here for adding controllers to OnePAD2.ini, so I grab the latest version of Gamepad Tool and start mapping my controller. Here's where it starts getting odd. Gamepad Tool recognizes my controller and is able to create a mapping for it, but the GUID it provides is different from the one 'seen' by PCSX2. Specifically:

Code:
050000004e696d6275732b0000000000
(Gamepad Tool)
Code:
05000000556e6b6e6f776e204e696d00
(PCSX2)

Just to see what would happen, I added the config provided by Gamepad Tool to OnePAD2.ini, but changed the GUID to match what PCSX2 expected. Upon doing so, restarting PCSX2 and firing up the controller config again, the error message disappears from the console, (so it's obviously picking up my config change), but I'm unable to actually map any buttons.

I click on a button I want to map, press the corresponding button on my controller, and wait as nothing happens. No errors in the console, no response from the config tool, no indication that the program believes there's a controller connected at all. So yeah -- it's a headscratcher and I'm at a bit of a loss. I have alternate controllers I can use for this if necessary, but I'd really love to be able to use this one as it's already working with OpenEmu and other programs I use for gaming emulation.

Thanks for reading!!
(08-19-2020, 10:56 AM)jesalvein Wrote: should be in "logs" directory in pcsx2 main folder or in your home directory/pcsx2/logs
there you should fins a text file named "emulog.txt"

that may be too weak for pcsx2, especially games like Baldur's gate. But let's see the emulog.txt to be sure

EDIT : ok, your CPU isn't bad, but your GPU clearly sucks. don't set internal res higher than native. software renderer may even be better than hardware mode

ya, I figured the GPU sucked. Probably going to get a new laptop in the next year or so. It's crazy though, Dark Alliance 1 on Dolphin runs way better than this on my system. In any case, here's the log.

https://pastebin.com/FJ2PXcKR

Thanks.
(08-19-2020, 10:14 PM)gorillape Wrote: ya, I figured the GPU sucked. Probably going to get a new laptop in the next year or so. It's crazy though, Dark Alliance 1 on Dolphin runs way better than this on my system. In any case, here's the log.

https://pastebin.com/FJ2PXcKR

Thanks.

https://pcsx2.net/getting-started.html

And scroll all the way down for recommended. You are better off with Desktop. To be honest, macOS is crap for video games like PCSX2 (PS2 emulator) RPCS3 (PS3 emulator), CEMU (Wii-U emulator) , YUZU, and Ryujinx (Nintendo Switch emulators)
(08-19-2020, 06:01 PM)stlewis1121 Wrote: I click on a button I want to map, press the corresponding button on my controller, and wait as nothing happens. No errors in the console, no response from the config tool, no indication that the program believes there's a controller connected at all. So yeah -- it's a headscratcher and I'm at a bit of a loss. I have alternate controllers I can use for this if necessary, but I'd really love to be able to use this one as it's already working with OpenEmu and other programs I use for gaming emulation.

The button mapping GUI is only for mapping the keyboard.  Launch the game and attempt to use the controller.
(08-23-2020, 12:06 PM)TellowKrinkle Wrote: The button mapping GUI is only for mapping the keyboard.  Launch the game and attempt to use the controller.

Hey Tellow,

The link you put for the game pad tool on the main post is http://%20https://generalarcade.com/gamepadtool/

You should chop off the initial http://%20 for it to work. 
Edit: never mind, Jesalvein fixed it for you

By the way, any chance of posting an updated build?

Keep up the good work...
Excelente Job Tellow
Many Mac users out there
Looking forward for the update