Native Mac Testing Build
(07-21-2020, 04:16 AM)MacUser Wrote: I also noticed an issue with OnePad. While it generally worked, I was not allowed to assign some keys (for example, the "a" key). Also, even when keys were assigned and were working, I would get an alert sound for some of them. (Maybe the keys are assigned to something else at the same time?). 
Edit: A restart of PCSX2 seems to have stopped the alert sounds....

Regarding the app icon, maybe take the one from PCSX2-CE? It looks higher resolution than the one you are using...

The a key was due to using 0 to indicate "cancel" in the key config. On Linux apparently no actual keys are 0, but on macOS a is mapped to 0. Should be fixed now

For the alert sounds, I think it's related to the window focus, try clicking another window and then clicking back onto PCSX2.

As for using PCSX2-CE's app icon, its download link seems to be broken. Do you know where I can download it?

(07-21-2020, 09:19 PM)prafull Wrote: Managed to run this decently on my Mac. Quick question, Is there any chance of getting netplay (dev9 plugins) to work on Mac? Asking this because I already got two desktops and one laptop at home and if somehow we can get it working on the remaining Mac then we can lan party even better at home.

I'll probably get around to it eventually but I don't know when

Sponsored links

Re: app icon: 

Oh, I didn't realise that link was dead. 

I wasn't able to attach the icons file, but I think it attached now as a zip....

Attached Files
.zip   PCSX2_icon.zip (Size: 1,2 MB / Downloads: 146)
(07-26-2020, 08:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Vulkan isn't planned at all

Wouldn't say not planned. For one I said publicly that we would work on it. Thing is, it's complicated backend to have to write so need to justify it. Maybe MoltenVK can be the justification. Sounds better than a bunch of GL workarounds, Metal or typical "GL bad because reasons".

Would like to see Macos officially supported in a way that doesn't suck.
[Image: HkgHT5k.gif]
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

(07-30-2020, 07:35 AM)Kojin Wrote: Wouldn't say not planned. For one I said publicly that we would work on it. Thing is, it's complicated backend to have to write so need to justify it. Maybe MoltenVK can be the justification. Sounds better than a bunch of GL workarounds, Metal or typical "GL bad because reasons".

Would like to see Macos officially supported in a way that doesn't suck.

Moving forward, there are only 2 options for macOS support: 

1: A native Metal renderer 
2: Vulkan via MoltenVK or GFX-Portability translation layers

Ideally a Metal renderer is the way to go, but there are no Metal developers that I'm aware of on the PCSX2 team, so unless someone joins this is unlikely to happen. (Maybe someone like Stuart Carnie might be convinced to join the project, he has been writing Metal renderers/shaders for OpenEmu and Boxer). 

So the more likely option is a Vulkan renderer for Linux and Windows, and then using MoltenVK or GFX-Portability for the macOS port. To discuss it's viability, you might have a chat with Kvark who works on GFX-Portability. He has been very supportive to Dolphin and RPCS3 in getting initial support up and running. 

(Just in case anyone is going to ask about it, OpenGL is not a good solution for the future. Tellow's 64-bit fork isn't being merged to master because macOS only supports an older version of OGL, and his fork has hacks in place to work around the missing features. Also, while OGL is deprecated but not removed in macOS, I'm pretty sure there is zero chance of it being ported to work on Apple silicon and future Macs Edit: Apparently I'm wrong. OpenGL is deprecated, but is available on Apple silicon. But still, support could be removed at any time, so there is no point in investing time and effort into OGL for Mac).
hi, I just downloaded and instaled 64-bit v1.7. Just the default settings, I tried BG: Dark Allianance and it booted but runs in slow motion. The Vu's are at default, recompiler. 2015 macbook pro, i7 quad core 2.4, R9 m370x whatever. Most of the time in-game it runs at 50%, slow motion. Sometimes It'll go up to 100%...
(08-03-2020, 05:20 AM)gorillape Wrote: hi, I just downloaded and instaled 64-bit v1.7. Just the default settings, I tried BG: Dark Allianance and it booted but runs in slow motion. The Vu's are at default, recompiler. 2015 macbook pro, i7 quad core 2.4, R9 m370x whatever. Most of the time in-game it runs at 50%, slow motion. Sometimes It'll go up to 100%...

enable fast invalidation hack ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-03-2020, 05:20 AM)gorillape Wrote: hi, I just downloaded and instaled 64-bit v1.7. Just the default settings, I tried BG: Dark Allianance and it booted but runs in slow motion. The Vu's are at default, recompiler. 2015 macbook pro, i7 quad core 2.4, R9 m370x whatever. Most of the time in-game it runs at 50%, slow motion. Sometimes It'll go up to 100%...

OpenGL HW or OpenGL SW?
(08-03-2020, 05:20 AM)rgorillape Wrote: hi, I just downloaded and instaled 64-bit v1.7. Just the default settings, I tried BG: Dark Allianance and it booted but runs in slow motion. The Vu's are at default, recompiler. 2015 macbook pro, i7 quad core 2.4, R9 m370x whatever. Most of the time in-game it runs at 50%, slow motion. Sometimes It'll go up to 100%...

(08-03-2020, 06:24 AM)jesalvein Wrote: enable fast invalidation hack ?

That didn't really do anything.. I was paying around with it, biggest thing to affect performace so far is internal resolution and texture filtering. Even with software renderer, getting a slideshow late in the first dungeon. HW is even worse.
(08-05-2020, 01:26 PM)gorillape Wrote: That didn't really do anything.. I was paying around with it, biggest thing to affect performace so far is internal resolution and texture filtering. Even with software renderer, getting a slideshow late in the first dungeon. HW is even worse.

can you please post the emulog ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks I finally made IT
With PCXS2 64 bit Mac

How do I map my gamepad PCXS2 1.7 64 bit ? I notice if different from PCXS2 1.4
Needs special PAD pluggin ?

Thanks