New feature-Needs testing!: (GSdx HW mode) Experimental mipmap support
Is there a list of games that would benefit from this? Not sure what to look for when testing

Sponsored links

(10-06-2016, 04:23 PM)synce Wrote: Is there a list of games that would benefit from this? Not sure what to look for when testing
I added a list of games which are most affected in the second post on the first page.
Just seen you uploaded a new GIT. What is gsdx tc: new hack to extract texture from rt UserHacks_TextureInsideRt = 1 (don't look at Jak)?
I booted into Windows 10 tonight just to try this out. The only game I tried out on it was Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War (since that was the only AC game that wasn't listed in the second post). It was so beautiful that I almost cried a little. It was so much better than perfect! No more see-through planes or garbled up ground textures. Now I need to figure out what -dev libraries I need to install in Linux Mint so I can try to compile it for that.
Edit: A screenshot for you  Cool
[Image: gsdx_20161006212930_zpsw8m1vdff.png]
The screenshot doesn't do it justice, it looks so much better with the widescreen patch.
The Mini(ITX) Box V2 a.k.a. Nighthawk
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
(10-07-2016, 02:37 AM)megaton3k Wrote: Just seen you uploaded a new GIT. What is gsdx tc: new hack to extract texture from rt UserHacks_TextureInsideRt = 1 (don't look at Jak)?

Never mind Jak, don't look at Keira!
Daxter now has static (as in not moving) eyes in Jak 1 instead of black holes of eternal void, same for Jak's right eye. Jak 2 and 3 has the same, though only for the world model. Black holes are still present in higher quality cutscene models.
The desert sands in the intro of Jak 3 are no longer filled with black squares, now it's just solid... blue.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Intel i5-4670K @ 4,2 GHz
Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
GTX 1080Ti
16 GB RAM
Oh ! Because they eye must move ! Interesting. I know exactly what happen Smile I need to invalidate some textures in the cache. OMG, it would be awful.

Quote:Black holes are still present in higher quality cutscene models.
I limited the hack to buffer of 1 (32/64 pixels). I guess I just need to relax the constraint.
Ratchet and Clank 2 look great, The game still has many, many places where the frame rate tanks on my hardware though so for me it is still unplayable until I upgrade my CPU (Emotion Engine sits at 100% at various locations and frame rate tanks).
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM
(10-07-2016, 06:00 PM)Franpa Wrote: Ratchet and Clank 2 look great, The game still has many, many places where the frame rate tanks on my hardware though so for me it is still unplayable until I upgrade my CPU!

You have a decent motherboard and I'm guessing an I7 920? Just overclock that thing, you can get at least 3.4Ghz out of that without touching the voltages, just don't forget to drop your memory divider.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-07-2016, 06:02 PM)refraction Wrote: You have a decent motherboard and I'm guessing an I7 920? Just overclock that thing, you can get at least 3.4Ghz out of that without touching the voltages, just don't forget to drop your memory divider.

Not terribly familiar with overclocking, but I took your advice to try overclocking the CPU and overclocked it to 3.2GHZ via increasing the uClock from 133MHZ to 160MHZ and ensuring the RAM remains at 1600MHZ. I have to say, I guess it improves performance in the game? The worst performing locations still completely cripple the frame rate though ^_^"

If I stand here http://imgur.com/fFvOCZs or stand before the previous corridor (before killing the enemies in it) the FPS still drops by 50~%. I really do need a better, more efficient CPU with support for modern instruction sets lol.

Oh and the reason I never overclocked my CPU before was simply because I had had stability issues with the PC for 6-7~ years. I always thought the RAM was faulty but all tests for RAM said it was fine (Memtest86, Memtest+, various other programs) so i never replaced it. Then in 2014 the stability issues drastically worsened and by the end of 2014 the problems had worsened to the point where the computer was extremely unstable after a cold boot until I did a warm reboot, in early 2015 it became clear the PSU was the reason for the severe instability and shortly after figuring that out the PSU completely died (I replaced the dead Thermaltake Toughpower 700 PSU with Corsair 760AX Platinum PSU)! Then in 2016 I finally said fudge it! and decided to replace the RAM since it had become very cheap to do so in 2016, so I replaced the 3x2GB Patriot Gamer RAM sticks that I had with a 1x8GB Patriot Signature stick of RAM and as I thought all along, all stability issues vanished after the change! I also found out a few months ago that my PCI-E x16_1 slot had become faulty (severe instability when video card is inserted in to it), thankfully this motherboard has a second PCI-E x16_2 slot and the video card works fine in it.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM
Oh I forgot it. Disable accurate blending if you use opengl