Nvidia Shield and PCSX2?
Btw. 3Ghz corresponds to 10cm. If your walls are reflecting the wlan signal you can get constructive and destructive interference. Local minima and maxima have the size of approximately the wavelength. If you dont get signal try to move 10-20cm. Possibly you are just in sometjing like a signal hole.

Maybe you can also send some very large files over wifi from your server to your tablet to test your actual speed vs position.

Sponsored links

The weird thing is, though, that I seem to be getting the same connection from one foot away from my router and 5 feet away. At least, according to speedtest I am. But for some odd reason, the Gamestream connection ends up stuttering and eventually disconnecting (yet my wi-fi signal stays strong throughout). It ends up showing 2, 1 and sometimes even zero bars (the in-app signal, I mean), and then disconnects. Very strange. I have to think there is some fundamental issue that is not allowing Gamestream to maintain a connection properly. It can't be the size of the data being streamed or anything, as I'm only streaming 720p in some cases. Gamestream suggests a network capable of 10 Mbps and I clearly exceed that. I just have to figure out what the heck is going on here with the Gamestream service. Maybe I need to manually forward ports, or would that have any bearing at all on keeping a steady connection?
What kind of speedtest do you do? Dsl speedtest?
(10-31-2015, 02:31 AM)willkuer Wrote: What kind of speedtest do you do? Dsl speedtest?

The speedtest by Ookla. http://www.speedtest.net/
I am not sure that an internet speedtest correctly benchmarks the connection between you and the router and/or your tablet and your pc.

You dont have by luck an ethernet port on your tablet? How is your pc connected? LAN or WLAN
Unless your broadband connection is >= your wireless connection, the speedtest is not relevant.

Example: Wireless N is 150mbps. My internet is 24mbps. Anywhere in my house I get 24mbps, even though in some far corners the signal quality will drop as low as 40% and it will renegotiate to 30mbps. Shield streaming uses TONS of bandwidth, and something like that will wreck it.

It really is that demanding, at least with good quality settings. A dropped packet. Latency. Speed renegotiation. All of these will wreck it.

What willkuer said is notable too - best results will be with the PC connected via LAN, although ofc that may not be feasible.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
No ethernet port on either the Portable or Tablet, unfortunately.

I understand that Gamestream takes a lot of power but it's not like I'm streaming 4k or something. I'm streaming a 720p image @ like 8 Mbps or lower (I've tested lower values and none of the changes have mattered.). Gamestream recommends a wi-fi network capable of 10 Mbps download, and I far exceed that.
It would be good to check the program on lan connection. Do you have another device that can connect to lan (and possibly even has wifi)? Notebook would be perfect.
No, I just sold my Alienware laptop and my other laptop won't boot up lately. Sad

My desktop PC where I'm natively playing the app is connected via LAN to my modem.
It would be nice to check first if it works using lan. That would show if you have a problem with your router or the software.