Poll: Is EE overclocking a useful feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.49%
43 91.49%
No
8.51%
4 8.51%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Overclocking the EE (discussion) (testers wanted)
(02-01-2015, 05:35 PM)Serial Hacker Wrote: [Image: WErrodv.png]

1 and 2 level 1 and level 2 of default speed hack

3 is normal

4 is 33%

Thank you. I think the current UI is fine. I suggest that the slider segment between 4 - 5 should be filled in red. I don't know if it's possible. 5 should be in red as well. Also, I think the number showing the selected value should be displayed in a different color like blue. Currently it's quite confusing.

(02-01-2015, 04:57 PM)ssakash Wrote: I think its better to make an another slider named EE overclock with a note that, "increasing the slider may smoothen the game but, will slow down weaker cpu's".

In that case, there will be two values set at the same time. The question is which value takes precedence over another. It's confusing.

Sponsored links

We can make it like, the additional slider will only show up if, we click any secret checkbox or something. That may prevent unexperienced users to misuse it.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
It still doesn't change the fact that two values will be set at the same time. Maybe we can have a check box "Advanced Options" and when the user checks it, the slider transforms from a 3-value slider to a 5-value slider.
Yeah, that's a great idea. But, still this doesn't prevent users from misusing this, it would be far off from inexperienced users if, we can only make it to be enabled from a .ini file.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Your hardware:
In my signature

Any non default settings you used
DX11 > 4x IR

Whether you used 33% or 50% OC or both
Both

The name of the game(s)
Tales of the Abyss (NTSC-U)

Whether it works as normal or breaks
No notable issues

Whether there is any subjective improvement in internal FPS
Definitly much smoother rotation and movement on the world map (overworld).
33% > hiccups almost completely gone or very faint/unnoticeable !
50% > butter-smooth but not a huge difference over 33. noticed maybe a slight slowdown at the start of battles from time to time.

Wub

Awesome hack !!!
Sorry that's just one game for now, I'll come back later with moar.
CPU: i5 4690K stock 3.5/3.9GHz clock (for now)
GPU: GTX 750 Ti Gigabyte OC 2GB Low Profile
RAM: 4Gb RAM dual ch pc12800 cas 8
HDD: 500Gb/32Mb cache
MB: MSI Z97 Pc Mate
FAN: Hyper 212 EVO
Jak X (PAL) takes a long time to boot @33% overclock, It freezes just after the Dolby logo on a black screen for almost 2 minutes, before continuing onto the rest of the intro cut-scenes. (Is not fixed by the EE timing hack)

This doesn't seem to affect any of the other loading times. My computer can't run this game fullspeed at the best of times so I didn't do much testing.
(02-01-2015, 06:07 PM)ssakash Wrote: it would be far off from inexperienced users if, we can only make it to be enabled from a .ini file.

The same problem. Two values set at the same time. In this case, you introduce a configuration overriding concept. It should be reflected in the UI somehow like displaying an on-screen text when the user loads a game. Unless you mean the user needs to edit an INI file to make the 5-value slider appear.
I'm glad to see some positive results here.

As far as the UI - I'm torn.

Part of me thinks it will be abused by the uninformed, and so should be hidden.

The other part thinks we have like 99 things already exposed that can be abused by the uninformed, so what's one more?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Blyss, did you check the interaction with raising the FPS above 60/50 ?

check my earlier post
I did read it, but it should not be necessary to raise the base FPS for this to work.

I just realized I spelled "noticeably" wrong in the UI. Oopsy.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD