Poll: Is EE overclocking a useful feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.49%
43 91.49%
No
8.51%
4 8.51%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Overclocking the EE (discussion) (testers wanted)
I personally don't notice difference in most games. though, inuyasha: Feudal combat and ben 10: Protector of the earth are little smoother internally. The other games like BT3 and vilgax attacks produces some small bugs.
Tested on: 4X native , mtvu enabled, 50% OC.
Though, keep up the good work in the job, some games run really smooth. Wink
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

33% is about the best to test at, not 50% And I noticed improvements in a majority of the games I tested. (granted I only have a small selection)
Yeah, having it at 33% really makes it a lot smoother and there are not much graphical glitches compared to having it at 50%. I tested about 20 games and, only 3 of them had some bugs while playing.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
This is definitely a really cool feature, especially for those with powerful computers. In Driv3r in Hardware Mode (since I can't get close to full speed in Software) it seems to run a bit smoother.

Excellent job; I always wondered if this would be possible in PCSX2 since the underclocking existed!
Many games I tried benefit in some form or another.
Sometimes the difference is subtle, like faster level loading due to the EE decompressing assets stuff much faster.

We will include this definitely. The only question left where to put it and how it'll look Smile
(02-01-2015, 04:01 PM)rama Wrote: like faster level loading due to the EE decompressing assets stuff much faster.

We will include this definitely. The only question left where to put it and how it'll look Smile

Ok, now I'm officially interested, I hate loading Laugh

Since you people are worried about bigginners misusing the feature, why instead of using a slider, we use a number box. Almost no one will think about putting a negative number in there, and only people who know about the feature will know to do that without having to mess with .ini files. This is especially useful since you are considering a continuous slider instead of step one.
I think its better to make an another slider named EE overclock with a note that, "increasing the slider may smoothen the game but, will slow down weaker cpu's".
- Refraction
Could anyone please post the current UI? Thank you.
[Image: WErrodv.png]

1 and 2 level 1 and level 2 of default speed hack

3 is normal

4 is 33%
Did some testing on a few games and here are my findings:

Your hardware:
In my signature

Any non default settings you used
DX11 > 3x IR > MVu Hack > MTVU Hack

Whether you used 33% or 50% OC or both
33% for all tests

All games tested are NTSC

The name of the game(s)
Dragon Quest VIII
Whether it works as normal or breaks
No notable issues
Whether there is any subjective improvement in internal FPS
There did not seem to be any smoother gameplay

The name of the game(s)
Legend of Legaia 2
No notable issues
There did not seem to be any smoother gameplay

The name of the game(s)
Final Fantasy X
No notable issues
There was a small improvement in smoothness in some areas like Mi'hen Highroad and Thunder Plains : 5 FPS

The name of the game(s)
Lord of the Rings The Third Age
No notable issues
There was a small improvement in smoothness in most areas between 10 and 15 FPS (this was more noticeable during cutscenes)
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit