Poll: Is EE overclocking a useful feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.49%
43 91.49%
No
8.51%
4 8.51%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Overclocking the EE (discussion) (testers wanted)
Hmm this is new to me.
I'd like to try this on my Baytrail Atom based Asus Vivo Tab 8 Tablet lol

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

Sponsored links

The baytrail would get slammed and be unplayable without EE overclocking. It would be a complete nightmare with it.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I'm gonna do some testing on this tomorrow evening so we can get it merged before the freeze.

Nobbs will you help too?

(10-16-2015, 04:03 AM)Saiki Wrote: sidenote: what git version is this based on?

The latest build is based on the most recent GIT but with ssakash and my changes applied.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Sure I'll test when I'm on.

I'll just rip my collection to the 4TB tonight.
My test results with ssakash latest build:

Crash Bandicoot WOC: Works fine with max overclock and is noticeably smoother
FFX International: Works fine with max overclock but doesn't benefit
SotC: Works fine with max OC but is just stupid levels of demanding
Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia: Works fine with max OC but gains nothing
War of the Monsters: Works fine with max OC and gains a lot of internal FPS. Super smooth.
Soul Calibur III: Works fine with max OC, gains some FPS but is very demanding
Suikoden III: WON'T BOOT with max OC. Boots at 33% OC. Changing OC to max in game doesn't break it, and it seems slightly smoother.
Xenosaga Episode I: Works fine with max OC but doesn't benefit
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Both of the games i played

(stupid blu ray drive isn't detected windows. Would have tested more.)

Ratchet and Clank

Burnout 3
I also did some tests,

Digimon: Data squad - seems a lot smoother on 50% OC but not much difference on 33% OC value, only some scenes seem to get a increase in internal fps whereas certain scenes remain pretty much the same.

Inuyasha : Feudal combat - 33% OC makes the game feel a lot smoother ! 50% OC seems too heavy on the processor and causes lot more CPU usage.

Ben10: Alien Force Vilgax Attacks - not much benefit on 33% OC but noticeable improvements on 50% OC value at most of the enemy battles.

Bomberman Kart - not much difference on both 50% and 33% OC.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja 5 - The Free roam seems a lot smoother on 50% OC , the effect is lower on 33% OC.

No noticeable issues found on my current testing, will test more when I have some free time.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Test results "

Timesplitters 2: Works fine with max OC but gains nothing

Resident Evil: Outbreak: Works fine with max OC but gains nothing

Airblade: boots to permanent black screen with 50% EE overclock but works as normal with 33%.

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven: Felt a little smoother but not sure with OC. No issues.
<REDACTED>
OK sounds like 50% requires a huge ass red "this will probably break your games!" warning.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-18-2015, 02:59 AM)refraction Wrote: OK sounds like 50% requires a huge ass red "this will probably break your games!" warning.

that's still a minority, with the mass of the PS2 collection. "probably" shouldn't really be the word used, "may" might be