Poll: Is EE overclocking a useful feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.49%
43 91.49%
No
8.51%
4 8.51%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Overclocking the EE (discussion) (testers wanted)
Yeah, I'll test that in a bit. Consuming some orange juice with some caffeine
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

refraction they have some level of common sense, they will go back and put it back to default.

Isn't that a lot to ask? I mean, we get bug reports with my settings... (finally fixed my typos)
There is no warning for your settings.

Anyway I dunno what the big problem is, setting 3 on underclocking has a warning, I don't see what the issue with doing the same for the extreme setting for overclocking is.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I have no problem with a warning, I just don't think it needs to be something like WIll most likely break your *****. Something along the lines of "may cause glitches or break games"
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Yeah I didn't mean that literally.

(10-18-2015, 05:13 AM)refraction Wrote: There is no warning for your settings.

In my thread, there is.
Quote:THESE SETTING ARE NOT SUPPORTED BY THE PCSX2 DEV TEAM
(10-18-2015, 12:45 PM)Saiki Wrote: In my thread, there is.

That's not really a warning of game breakage though, that's a different warning Tongue2 and since half the support is community driven...

(10-18-2015, 12:48 PM)refraction Wrote: That's not really a warning of game breakage though, that's a different warning Tongue2 and since half the support is community driven...

I didn't say anything about it being for breakage, I said it was a warning to not put in reports using them, of which I have found 0 it breaks yet
(10-18-2015, 05:13 AM)refraction Wrote: Anyway I dunno what the big problem is, setting  3 on underclocking has a warning, I don't see what the issue with doing the same for the extreme setting for overclocking is.

I agree on adding a new warning for 50% OC, though it could be made a little harmful just in case people blame all the bugs on the overclock function Tongue2

Quote:
can you make sure this still works with the presets okay?

Presets and Restore Defaults works fine on the overclock build
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Things to change:

Change this last line in the tooltip(the English is pretty bad in it):
"Whereas Lower values have a chance of..."

to
"Conversely, lower values effectively increase the clock speed which may bring about an increase in in game FPS while also making games more demanding and possibly causing glitches."

Add a new line to the end of the 50% OC red text that says:
"This setting can cause games to FAIL TO BOOT."

Also on both sets of OC red text, un capitalize the M in May after the comma.

That should sort things.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD