Poll: Is EE overclocking a useful feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.49%
43 91.49%
No
8.51%
4 8.51%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Overclocking the EE (discussion) (testers wanted)
ssakash Wrote:example: 1 at old code will reduce EE cycle rate whereas new code will increase the EE cycle rate with lower scalar values.

Yes, this is exactly what they said to avoid. My original way was that way - with OC on the right and UC on the left, but it caused that issue and I was asked to change it for that reason.

By conversion code I meant something to work around that. Something that would "go between" the ini and slider and avoid that happening. Code to make the new way "line up" with the old way (e.g. 1 is 33% UC no matter what) while still making the UI more sane.

@willkuer - the default case is:

Code:
case 0:    return s_nBlockCycles >> 3;

I derived 3,5,3 from testing as obviously it's not... obvious from that. I recall rama said it was right, or very close. But also note that PCSX2 default EE speed is a very slight underclock...
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(08-28-2015, 09:37 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: By conversion code I meant something to work around that. Something that would "go between" the ini and slider and avoid that happening. Code to make the new way "line up" with the old way (e.g. 1 is 33% UC no matter what) while still making the UI more sane.

Can't you change the code that reads/writes the configuration?
It would need to be a go between.

Say we changed 1 to be 10% OC instead of 33% UC -

We would need to write -3 or whatever = 33% UC to the INI, and then when reading it back convert it to 1. Or something like that.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yes, I understand that. The conversion will occur after reading the values from the file and before writing them back.
Where can I download the last OC branch from? I have one from February 4th 2015.
That's the most current right now. Although it would be prudent to do some tests with the updated stuff, so I will push an updated one sometime soon.
There was only a small core update including a savestate version bump ,or? One could just put the newest gs plugin in the plugin folder...
Uh no... All of gregory GSdx changes since February?
There was a save state bump commit by refraction recently.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
*Raises hand*

I'm still (and forever) interested in this (almost as interested as in 3D Vision compatibility, my most wanted feature that won't probably exist for a long long time and the main reason I should learn C++ to implement it myself if I can). It's a bit annoying not seeing this merged and having to use an exe from February  Tongue . Good luck and my sincere thanks to whoever has to implement this in a correct way.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR