PCSX2 Problem, can someone help me, please?
Well the Pentium Dual-Core is same as a Core 2 Duo so I didnt think of mentioning it xD

In that article you can see the E5200 as a Pentium Dual-Core but it's better than some actually named "core 2 duo" like E4xxx line I still dont get why they had to name them different to begin with >_>

If you're going that route I'd get a E5300 as the difference in price between it and the E5200 isnt even noticeable but it could help more, but remember the GPU is also important for PCSX2 and general gaming.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

My Graphics is Geforce 6200 AGP 512 DDR2 (It does support Pixel Shaders 3.0)
Intel Core i3 Cpu 530 @ 2.93 2.93 (Overclocked to 3.53)
Biostar TH55B HD Motherboard
5 Gigs DDR3 1333 Mhz
Nvidia Geforce GT220 - 1 gig DDR3
Windows 7 Ultimate
okay, this may be easier. Which one of these processor do you think may work. Name the first one you see. Trying to do one that may not cost that much on Ebay....LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_...processors
5 Gigs DDR3 1333 Mhz
Windows 7 Ultimate
Quote:The Emulator saves money on games and system

So, you plan on downloading your games, then ?

You've insulted not only the authors of this emulator, but some members of the forum, as well.

You have a PC thats actually so old it's slower than PCs I've given way for free, and you moan because you can run other emulators, (lol, Like that really means anything) but you can't run one of THE most demanding emulators ?

You have ZERO grasp of just how complex emulators are.

You can't use Google, for some strange reason, so you get other people to do your research for you.

Then you end up with a post about some ancient AGP card that was pure and utter ***** the day it was released.

Throw the crap in the bin, it's not even worth the petrol needed to take it to a recycle dump.
Do some research about emulation, and PC hardware, then go and buy a new PC.
Simple, even for you.

Now, can a mod please lock this "Hilarious" thread ?
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
DKTronics
First off, I was doing what any person would do if a rude individual was being disrespectful......I would imagine stick up for himself. Secondly, I know enough about computers to build one on my own. Yes, your right, the computer i have is old, but if you consider old being 2004 then whatever. If you would read the thread, you would see that this person was rude.
Also, where is the insult to the authors of this Emulator? I recall stating

Dont get me wrong, the people who created this emulator, did some amazing stuff. I just wonder why it takes so much to run it compared to all the other emulators out there.

But anyway, i didnt know what type of proccessor can run this Emulator, because the one i have now obviously can not. Yeah, I could of used a better choice of words but there was no harm ment to the creators, only to those who disrepected me. People have to ask questions to learn things, thats all i was trying to do.
I know how to build a Tower, i just do not know what is best for programs when it comes to processors and motherboards.
Sorry to all that took my words as offensive. I do the same when i believe someone is 'laughing at me'
5 Gigs DDR3 1333 Mhz
Windows 7 Ultimate
Well you could have prevented all this mess if you:

1) Did some research before saying stuff like "It really suprises me to find out that the pcsx2 is the best ps2 emulator out there. You would think someone could come up with a better (less Power hungry) emulator" while you really had absolutely no idea how the system works or how hard it is to emulate it
2) Read the FAQ, which has various threads explaining both "Why is the emulator slow" and "Recommended system requirements"
3) Were more polite, so people wouldn't get pissed at you for being ignorant and rude at the same time.

Anyway, a good PC for PCSX2 these days would be a Core 2 Duo clocked as high as your money can buy and a 9800 GTX. If you pair these 2 (a core 2 duo at about 3 ghz and that card for example) you'll get great frame rates in _most_ of the games.
I hope you now realize how complex emulating the PS2 is, it is no coincidence PCSX2 is the ONLY working PS2 emulator after about 7 years of the console's release. This was not the case for all previous generation console emulators, where there were various teams working on them. Just some proof without much analysis that is tangible.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
You are very right, again i apologize to those i've affended.

Thanks for the advice.
Mike
5 Gigs DDR3 1333 Mhz
Windows 7 Ultimate
Quote:Also, where is the insult to the authors of this Emulator? I recall stating

I think you'll find that Rama is one of them. Tongue

Quote:I just wonder why it takes so much to run it compared to all the other emulators out there.

Dosbox, for example, emulates plain ole DOS, yet try and run a few later DOS games, later than 1995, in SVGA, and you'll be in for a surprise. Try Quake 1, I mean, its just Quake, right ? The reason Dosbox is slower than running Quake directly on your PC is that Dosbox emulates a complete Intel x86 PC, CPU, Sound, Graphics, Mouse, Joystick, etc...
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
RAMA, i didnt mean to offend. Like i said earlier, you and your partners did a hell of a job. My apology's.

DKTronics,
Now i can run alot of the Emulators with no graphic problems,

NES, SNES, N64, Xbox, and the original Playstation (PSX and ePSXe) also new PC games like Transformers 2.
Note* I own all of the above mentioned game systems and a PS2.

I figured that the PCSX2 would'nt demand as much like the above mentioned emulators.
which goes to show that i needed to research more before i commented.
5 Gigs DDR3 1333 Mhz
Windows 7 Ultimate
(10-12-2009, 11:16 PM)DKTronics Wrote:
Quote:The Emulator saves money on games and system

So, you plan on downloading your games, then ?
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.