PCSX2 Translator Application/Translation Guide
(06-13-2011, 04:23 AM)pcsx2fan Wrote: Please fix it I'm not in the list of Finished Translations for 0.9.8 GUI Translation.

I had finished my translation before at http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/detail?id=920 Google Code.

The language's Traditional Chinese (zh_TW)

Sure, but could you also make a new thread here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Forum-Chinese-translations
with your translation as attachments?
Thanks

tyrant Wrote:Hey, I'd like to apply for translating the guide into Croatian/Serbian/Bosnian, whichever suites you most, or I can do all three since the languages are practically the same.

Go ahead, I'd prefer Croatian since I already have a Croatian subforum set up Wink Deadline: 13/7 Smile
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Im back and finally found this thread.Can i continue on the bulgarian 0.9.7.I see nobody has it taken (somehow orz)
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!
You gotcha.

Ehr... sure go ahead Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I feel like updating Polish guide to 0.9.8 couse last one is from 0.9.6 which was quite different. But I have a question, can I add another point there:
Code:
1) Download the new PCSX2 v0.9.7 [url=http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta]HERE[/url].
2) PCSX2 comes in 3 flavors, full installer, web installer and binary. Full installer has the DirectX web installer bundled, web installer optionally downloads it from the internet, and binary is only the program with the plugins. Download the one you prefer or if you don't know which, the full installer.
3) Run the installer (if you downloaded the installer) or if you downloaded binary open the archive and extract its contents into a folder.  (e.g. C:\PCSX2)
4) Run pcsx2.exe which is in the folder you installed or extracted the files.

to include:
Code:
1) Download the new PCSX2 v0.9.8 [url=http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php]HERE[/url].
2) PCSX2 comes in 3 flavors, full installer, web installer and binary. Full installer has the DirectX web installer bundled, web installer optionally downloads it from the internet, and binary is only the program with the plugins. Download the one you prefer or if you don't know which, the full installer.
3) If you want you can try latest builds of PCSX2 0.9.9, which can be downloaded [url=http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/]here[/url] (binaries only). While remembering that this version is under constant changes, not always for better and sometimes need more testing.
4) Run the installer (if you downloaded the installer) or if you downloaded binary open the archive and extract its contents into a folder.  (e.g. C:\PCSX2)
5) Run pcsx2.exe which is in the folder you installed or extracted the files.
added point 3 with 0.9.9 couse I feel that part of the guide ment for Linux users does point to 0.9.9 source anyway and those automated builds are supported soo a bit waste to not include in new guide. I also changed 0.9.7 to 0.9.8 and corrected the link to point there.

Just started and maybe it'll take a day or two as this seems boring work and it's not like people seeking help ever bother to read a guide:]. I have my own brain to make such changes wisely(to not break formatting etc.:]) and I actually look over pcsx2 while translating to get any changes(changed also first time wizard language choice as it was stated it doesn't work in 0.9.7 guide which works already from 0.9.8)Tongue just want confirmation if I can update stuff like that especially 0.9.9 before I actually finish and post it to not get ass kicking laterWink.
Huh just in case - I don't plan to mess with the images, as I guess nothing visually changed much from 0.9.7(+ Bositman has that big sword and said to not do thatTongue).

Edit: Oh and also could info about my 0.9.8 program translation could be included in the first post? Done it quite some time ago and posted in language forum.Smile

Yet another edit without any replyTongue :
Guide translated and with changes to actual 0.9.8/0.9.9, I'll need to do some copy and paste to fit it into actual formatting before posting it maybe another X-hours, I had enough of looking at the text for a bit, gotta get some editor that shows the code in colors to make it easier for my eyes.
I got no confirmation if I can make it for new versions, while template was for 0.9.7, but if an official english guide for those new versions will be ready I'll just update it with any changes that'll be different in mine when needed, hoping that's ok with Bositman/ShadowLady:]. You guys don't care much about guides do you? XD
I've just finished an Estonian translation of PCSX2.
(07-28-2011, 02:08 AM)miseru99 Wrote: I feel like updating Polish guide to 0.9.8 couse last one is from 0.9.6 which was quite different. But I have a question, can I add another point there:
Code:
1) Download the new PCSX2 v0.9.7 [url=http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta]HERE[/url].
3) Run the installer (if you downloaded the installer) or if you downloaded binary open the archive and extract its contents into a folder.  (e.g. C:\PCSX2)
4) Run pcsx2.exe which is in the folder you installed or extracted the files.

to include:
Code:
1) Download the new PCSX2 v0.9.8 [url=http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php]HERE[/url].
3) If you want you can try latest builds of PCSX2 0.9.9, which can be downloaded [url=http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/]here[/url] (binaries only). While remembering that this version is under constant changes, not always for better and sometimes need more testing.
4) Run the installer (if you downloaded the installer) or if you downloaded binary open the archive and extract its contents into a folder.  (e.g. C:\PCSX2)
5) Run pcsx2.exe which is in the folder you installed or extracted the files.
added point 3 with 0.9.9 couse I feel that part of the guide ment for Linux users does point to 0.9.9 source anyway and those automated builds are supported soo a bit waste to not include in new guide. I also changed 0.9.7 to 0.9.8 and corrected the link to point there.

Just started and maybe it'll take a day or two as this seems boring work and it's not like people seeking help ever bother to read a guide:]. I have my own brain to make such changes wisely(to not break formatting etc.:]) and I actually look over pcsx2 while translating to get any changes(changed also first time wizard language choice as it was stated it doesn't work in 0.9.7 guide which works already from 0.9.8)Tongue just want confirmation if I can update stuff like that especially 0.9.9 before I actually finish and post it to not get ass kicking laterWink.
Huh just in case - I don't plan to mess with the images, as I guess nothing visually changed much from 0.9.7(+ Bositman has that big sword and said to not do thatTongue).

Edit: Oh and also could info about my 0.9.8 program translation could be included in the first post? Done it quite some time ago and posted in language forum.Smile

Yet another edit without any replyTongue :
Guide translated and with changes to actual 0.9.8/0.9.9, I'll need to do some copy and paste to fit it into actual formatting before posting it maybe another X-hours, I had enough of looking at the text for a bit, gotta get some editor that shows the code in colors to make it easier for my eyes.
I got no confirmation if I can make it for new versions, while template was for 0.9.7, but if an official english guide for those new versions will be ready I'll just update it with any changes that'll be different in mine when needed, hoping that's ok with Bositman/ShadowLady:]. You guys don't care much about guides do you? XD

You can go ahead and make changes (hoping you won't write anything that's not true or something Tongue) But when we do update it to 0.9.8/0.9.9 you will have extra work to conform it to that template...
I do care about it but I have a gazillion other stuff to do and it just falls behind...

Quote:I've just finished an Estonian translation of PCSX2.
Program or guide? I'll create a forum for localization in Estonian then Wink
(08-02-2011, 07:10 PM)Bositman Wrote: Program or guide? I'll create a forum for localization in Estonian then Wink

Program only right now.
(08-02-2011, 07:36 PM)gert7 Wrote: Program only right now.

OK add all your files in a rar file, go here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Forum-Estonian-Translations

Make a new thread with some details about the translation (which base files you used) and add the rar as an attachment Smile
I only have the POT file.
That will do, just rar it because I'm not sure the board will accept a file with a .pot extension (and it will compress better too)