PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(01-26-2013, 01:11 PM)Yourgrandma Wrote: Request: ESPN NFL 2K5 NTSC-U in 16:9

I second this! There are no good football games on the PC. This game is legendary and 16:9 support is the only thing stopping it from becoming THE PC football game.

Also I'd like to request if we could just establish one patch for each sports genre. I love playing sports games with savestates since I rarely have time for a full game, having just the best of the best patched would cover anyone's sports needs.

Sponsored links

If anything, I would like to see an updated, noob-friendly tutorial on how to make widescreen pnachs. Perhaps even in the form of a YouTube video?
Hyakki (widescreen helper creator) hasn't been on in half a year, and synce's original tutorial is almost a year old.
Yes, it's been that long... so I propose a "2013 edition" tutorial. Smile

At this point, I feel everyone is relying on Sergx12 and Nemesis too much, and the requests just keep building up.
I don't know if it's just me, but I'd like to see everyone working together in harmony. I think this way, widescreen development would go a lot faster.
Everyone benefits, and it's a win/win situation. After all, look at how popular the archive is.

Even though most people are probably satisfied with the current games patched (I sure am!), the amount of good PS2 games that still have yet to be patched is pretty big.
I feel the saying, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." applies here.
What if your man is a vegetarian? Tongue

You know what: simply stop adding requests to your list for awile,
or you will soon have a full list of all PS2 games ever released. Cool
Hey guys, first of all I would like to thank all the people who made these great patches!
And second I would like to request a patch for a game if it is alright, Suikoden 3 (NTSC-U) in 16:9 . It is one of my favorite games for the ps2 and I would just love to play it in widescreen.
Suikoden 4 and 5 already got patches so it would be really awesome if Suikoden 3 could get one too. Smile
Suikoden 3 is already on the requests. Ninja
I closed the requests so we can have a little free time, and focus more on developing them than requesting them.

I'd like to see a 2013 tutorial soon, perhaps with the cooperation of sergx12, synce and nemesis so this becomes common knowledge.
Or if you're another widescreen developer, let me know too so we can get this started.
(01-29-2013, 04:24 AM)ZedSpot Wrote: I second this! There are no good football games on the PC. This game is legendary and 16:9 support is the only thing stopping it from becoming THE PC football game.

Also I'd like to request if we could just establish one patch for each sports genre. I love playing sports games with savestates since I rarely have time for a full game, having just the best of the best patched would cover anyone's sports needs.

Terribly sorry to add an unneeded request.

Looks like the game already supports 16:9. Under the presentation settings turning on progressive scan un-stretches the players when you bring the game to a 16:9 window. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless you look at them side by side, and even then the differences aren't major.
(01-30-2013, 02:54 AM)ZedSpot Wrote: Terribly sorry to add an unneeded request.

Looks like the game already supports 16:9. Under the presentation settings turning on progressive scan un-stretches the players when you bring the game to a 16:9 window. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless you look at them side by side, and even then the differences aren't major.

Can you post images?
Suikoden III (SLUS-20387) 5F3DD929.pnach

[Image: s31.jpg] [Image: s32.jpg]
To whoever requested:

- Syberia series
- Glass Rose
- Escape from Monkey Island

These games have been removed from the requests.
They're point-and-click adventure games which feature lots of 2D pre-rendered backgrounds, and you can't really hack these games widescreen.
Plus they rely heavily on text, so that wouldn't transfer well, either. It's best to play them in 4:3.
Quick question there's probably a super-obvious answer to. How are people getting widescreen screenshots? Using PCSX2's screenshot key, I'm getting all my widescreen screenshots squished into 4:3.