PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Yes, it's called downsampling.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=346325

However, I don't think it's worth bothering. That extra rendering would kill my GPU.
PCSX2 already has FXAA and MSAA.

Sponsored links

(02-13-2013, 02:44 PM)nemesis2000 Wrote: reupdated with new values

Tekken 4 (SLUS-20328) 833FE0A4.pnach (added fix for character select screen and more correct render fix values )

[Image: t43.jpg] [Image: t44.jpg]

Just a question, i applied all the hex fixes (from your site) to Tekken 4, but now the intro movie is skipped...
You probably have the skip mpeg hack on or your pnach has some leftover skip video patch?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-15-2013, 12:19 AM)No.47 Wrote: It's normal that the image quality slightly decreases when using widescreen on PS2 since the resolution stays the same, meaning the pixel density seen on screen is a bit less.

But it might as well be that what you noticed is not the slight quality decrease described above, but the huge quality decrease that happens when enforcing 480p with OPL-GSM on this game Wink
(It's one of those games where doing so results in loosing have the vertical resolution -> 'pixelation')

Yep, I have had something similar to pixelation, but now it is fine. It was an OPL bug.
(02-15-2013, 12:01 AM)thalastwon Wrote: Thanks for the quick replies.
Sounds like 3x is best for me. So far running games at 4x or 5x hasn't been a problem for me, but I figure its best to ask those who know better about getting the best graphical quality, since I know some games are still pretty intensive for higher end rigs. No point in potentially wasting performance if it doesn't make any difference.

So in the .hack games it causes ghosting issues?

I only noticed it in the GU games, not the original 4, technically i had ghosting even when using scaling, but it was far worse when i used a custom res.

Keep in mind this was a while ago, so there may be fixes for it now.
thanks for this patches sir
(02-15-2013, 01:39 AM)Bositman Wrote: You probably have the skip mpeg hack on or your pnach has some leftover skip video patch?
No, i'm playing it on a real PS2 Smile
(02-15-2013, 07:29 PM)bluekiller Wrote: No, i'm playing it on a real PS2 Smile

So, I am not alone here Smile We play games with low resolution graphic, but at least we have fewer bugs. Well, it used to be like that few years ago, PC2SX probably is far better option these days. Am I right?
(02-15-2013, 08:53 PM)Argon Wrote: So, I am not alone here Smile We play games with low resolution graphic, but at least we have fewer bugs. Well, it used to be like that few years ago, PC2SX probably is far better option these days. Am I right?

PCSX2 is incredible, there is no doubt. But still, playing emulated games is NEVER the same as using the original hardware (which can be both a good and a bad thing).
Besides, not everyone likes the emulator-ish look of high-res graphics for games that were designed for low resolutions... when I emulated PSX games, I always used a low resolution although every 10 year old PC could emulate them perfectly in high-res. So yeah, I'm with you Wink
Well, according to screenshots I have seen, some of the games look incredible in 1080p, mainly because developers have created detailed textures but ps2 renders them at low resolution. Well, if I decide to replay any of games I have played on PS2, I will chose emulator option for sure. I emulated Shenmue on PC at 720p, and it looked really incredible.
I play action games only, so I might need a really powerful machine to run them in 1080p with emulated 60 fps. Last time I used PC2SX to run MGS 3: Subsistence using almost top PC at that time (Core 2 Duo, 8800 GT) 3-4 years ago, but game was unplayable for me.