PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
I can confirm the addres for the widescreen of rogue galaxy, worked really great and is easy to do, thanks miseru for the guideance.

The compast really dont bother me, but change the value teaching me how the pnach system works. Thanks again
Intel 3570k @ 4.3 GHz -0.005 offset 1.224 V
Noctua NH-U9B push/pull
Asus Maximus V Gene - Bios 1707 LLC Ultra High
4x2GB Samsung 30nm @ 1600 11-11-11-28-1T
Asus GTX550 Ti - for now
MyDigitalSSD BP3 64GB msata - for now
Corsair AX650

Sponsored links

Thank you very much @miseru99, but I really have no clue what you just wrote Laugh

I think it's better, I wait for a patch/fix or tuturial for noobs for this. Closedeyes
(06-17-2012, 06:28 PM)Hyperspeed Wrote: Thank you very much @miseru99, but I really have no clue what you just wrote Laugh

I think it's better, I wait for a patch/fix or tuturial for noobs for this. Closedeyes

Is really easy, very straighforward, in his post it explained very well, you only need is a basic knowledge of the cheat engine,the adresses hi provided and a little of creativity.
Intel 3570k @ 4.3 GHz -0.005 offset 1.224 V
Noctua NH-U9B push/pull
Asus Maximus V Gene - Bios 1707 LLC Ultra High
4x2GB Samsung 30nm @ 1600 11-11-11-28-1T
Asus GTX550 Ti - for now
MyDigitalSSD BP3 64GB msata - for now
Corsair AX650
Do any of these widescreen hacks/patches mess up, or correct, any of the games' FMVs?
My PCSX2 Rig:Windows XP x32 & Windows 7 x64.
i5 2500k @ 4.0 GHz.
nVIDIA GTX 460 1 GB.
>Dun Click Here<
JTD unfortunately movies will stay 4:3 format unless they are rendered in 3d.

--
Btw I had some free time today so I updated wsh with some new features Smile.
PCSX2-WideScreen-v1.0.4
-Fixed up region detection (was reporting wrong region on some patches, still buggy, but should be more accurate now)
-Removed delay from profile pnach's since this operation uses very little cpu to update the values, 45ms is as fast as I can get it to go, you can still use the patch delay option to slow it down if needed.
-Added refresh link to refresh profiles so you can edit a patch or add new ones.
-You can now double click on a profile item to edit a pnach in notepad.
-update ws folder with latest patches.
Hi there! How can I use an widescreen hack with my version of metal gear solid 3 subsistence? The game code is SLES-82042 and I can't make it work with the hacks provided by ElHecht Sad

Thanks!
I made that Rogue Galaxy patcher I was talking about earlier(included in the original post here), but make note it's very early version, after patching the game to widescreen it'll close itself to avoid any unplanned bugs, couse unplanned bugs in what it does easily can result with a crash;]. I really think the info I wrote is very easy to understand and enough to manually patch it even faster than this automatic patcher can currently work(which can easily take around 10s), soo use only from desperation.;P

Only NTSC-U version included obviously, I'll gladly add any other when I get proper info about it, but that patcher is generally something I'll have to rewrite completely in the future. For now it's doing exactly what I described as only way to do it(awfull aob+using breakpoints to check register values), but I guess my thinking was kind of limited yesterday lols, I'll have to think about using more assembly here;]. The only nice thing I learned making it, is that GS memory is limited to 30000000-303fffff, I guess I just saw here a talk about 3xxxxxxx range and I didn't really checked before.xD
Thanks @miseru99 the Rogue Galaxy WS patcher v0.001 is working here Wink
(06-18-2012, 03:09 PM)miseru99 Wrote: I made that Rogue Galaxy patcher I was talking about earlier(included in the original post here), but make note it's very early version, after patching the game to widescreen it'll close itself to avoid any unplanned bugs, couse unplanned bugs in what it does easily can result with a crash;]. I really think the info I wrote is very easy to understand and enough to manually patch it even faster than this automatic patcher can currently work(which can easily take around 10s), soo use only from desperation.;P

Only NTSC-U version included obviously, I'll gladly add any other when I get proper info about it, but that patcher is generally something I'll have to rewrite completely in the future. For now it's doing exactly what I described as only way to do it(awfull aob+using breakpoints to check register values), but I guess my thinking was kind of limited yesterday lols, I'll have to think about using more assembly here;]. The only nice thing I learned making it, is that GS memory is limited to 30000000-303fffff, I guess I just saw here a talk about 3xxxxxxx range and I didn't really checked before.xD

Hi Miseru99,
I've been reading your posts regarding Rogue Galaxy's widescreen patch. I am not really a technical guy here, so correct me if I'm wrong...
Are you basically saying that there is no way to create a permanent patch for this game since the address changes for every time the game is restarted?
cpu: i5-2410m | gpu: Nvidia GT 555m 2GB | mem: 4 GB
I wish it would be just that, then at least I could easily write a patcher for it;P. The result is same, but actually the reason is slightly different.
Full story - the adress storing value which game reads to apply proportions is always same, but the game engine patches it constantly(and unfortunately faster than 1ms - if it was slower then no problem;], couse it could still be patched normally) to default value. It's changed by instructions passed by GS which memory changes by each run or any other thing which restarts GS(like loading a savestate in pcsx2). That also cannot be easily found as it doesn't have any good pattern or rather same pattern constantly repeats itself all the time and only register values change and basically I do find that code by checking for an register which points to the widescreen adress.

I generally know that at least fair amount of the most interesting patches/cheats for PS2 games are using code caves in EE memory to put own assembly code there to do something normally impossible in the game, soo maybe it could still be patched somehow. The problem is such assembly code needs to be activated somehow, jumped to from going through original code and after doing itself continuing with the old code. Meaning it must start from some known adress at first and GS memory is probably impossible, or at least my experience lacks a way to do that such way;3. Maybe someone who has more experience in true "hacking" ps2 could do it, surely not me, I only tried few times things like that for PC games, which in generally are harder to cheat, but at least doing stuff like that feels easier there with pointers which I guess cannot be used here;3.

I tried to trace from where the initial default value was taken from, but it leads me to too many opcodes at completely unknown(for me) area of pcsx2 memory, I only can guess it's IOP which means the value probably originates from disc, which ultimately leads to another guess that the game iso could be patched instead of patching the memory;3(and here's a chance to make it "easily" working even at ps2), but trying to search through whole iso in hex editor lead to soo many 0.75 floats, that finding the correct one will surely not be made by me;3. Maybe some code in IOP do points to that somehow, maybe it's easy way to find it using some ps2 debugger or something like that, but I completely lack any experience with it and don't feel like gaining it couse it rather seem like a labor work and not something interesting;]. Feel free to try it yourself. If it really could be found there, it would be as easy as rewriting one byte there to set default value to 16:9/10.

Sorry if most of that post is hard to understand, I just feel that the more info I pass over here, at least something of it could be used by someone for this or similar project;3. I see loads of people patching games with by simply changing values, but we can also put our own code and do other silly stuff with some knowledge, guess it's worth mentioningWink.