PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
@Devina - Here is MC: http://dl.myriaddreams.com/mcd001.7z

Load the slot that's on the Planet Daxx. You may have to play for a bit to see the error but I got it most consistently on that planet. It doesn't matter which path you take I think. Also make sure to be using the latest PCSX2 in HW mode with HW mipmapping enabled. IDK if it's required but all of my testing was done as such. As I said in 6 hours with WS patch I got about 20 crashes(PCSX2 will either crash or freeze with "Invalid DMA!" and the music still playing) and in 5 further hours without it I got 0. So I know it's not the HW mipmapping itself, but it's possible it could be interacting with the patch in a bad way I guess. If you can't reproduce it it will be really weird because I purposefully tested it a lot and there is nothing else that could have caused it - I singled everything else out.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(10-02-2016, 08:10 AM)Kamil Wrote: a widescreen request for Kidou Senshi Gundam: Ichinen Sensou (Mobile Suit Gundam: The One Year War).... a great Gundam game by Namco...

NTSC-J
Kidou Senshi Gundam: Ichinen Sensou

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_VUEHRzN20

NTSC-J

Kidou Senshi Gundam - Ichinen Sensou

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pnach   8AD46A5B.pnach (Size: 579 bytes / Downloads: 346)
thank, arapapa
Okay, so it turns out, the widescreen patch only seems to work in certain planets (or possibly just the first planet).
As in, it's only hor+ for the first planet, then vert- for the rest. And I'm sure I know why. Take a look at the code:

patch=1,EE,20171DE8,word,01000101
patch=1,EE,2023FEF0,word,3F53A063

The first line is simply a "force in-game widescreen on" code.
The second line is a "zoom out" (camera distance) code. However, EVERY planet (possibly area) in the game may have a different "zoom" address.

The reason for the crash is that since the address is different for every planet, the code is probably affecting something else which, under certain conditions, causes that crash.

As for a solution, one messy solution would be to find the zoom address for every planet/area in the game, and have widescreen hacker Aced14 set a "conditional" code where it only activates the code for each planet and disables the rest. However, this seems pretty risky and complicated.

A superior method would be to create a universal FOV code (hor+) which works on all planets, but this may be difficult. Perhaps arapapa or nemesis2000 or anyone else could do it, so I invite all widescreen hackers to try this.

Until then, we'll have to list Up Your Arsenal as a WIP patch.

Something else that bothers me is that Going Commando and Deadlocked seem to have similar widescreen patches. I don't know if each planet has its own FOV either in these games, so if someone could verify if the widescreen patches for Going Commando and Deadlocked works in all planets/areas/levels, that would be nice.
(09-28-2016, 02:58 PM)Wolf77 Wrote: Hi all
Please widescreen fix

Medal of Honor - Frontline (Europe) (En,Es,It)
Call of Duty 3 (Europe)

PAL

Medal of Honor - Frontline

Attached Files
.pnach   CFD4748B.pnach (Size: 1,01 KB / Downloads: 302)
(10-02-2016, 03:59 PM)Devina Wrote: Okay, so it turns out, the widescreen patch only seems to work in certain planets (or possibly just the first planet).
As in, it's only hor+ for the first planet, then vert- for the rest. And I'm sure I know why. Take a look at the code:

patch=1,EE,20171DE8,word,01000101
patch=1,EE,2023FEF0,word,3F53A063

The first line is simply a "force in-game widescreen on" code.
The second line is a "zoom out" (camera distance) code. However, EVERY planet (possibly area) in the game may have a different "zoom" address.

The reason for the crash is that since the address is different for every planet, the code is probably affecting something else which, under certain conditions, causes that crash.

As for a solution, one messy solution would be to find the zoom address for every planet/area in the game, and have widescreen hacker Aced14 set a "conditional" code where it only activates the code for each planet and disables the rest. However, this seems pretty risky and complicated.

A superior method would be to create a universal FOV code (hor+) which works on all planets, but this may be difficult. Perhaps arapapa or nemesis2000 or anyone else could do it, so I invite all widescreen hackers to try this.

Until then, we'll have to list Up Your Arsenal as a WIP patch.

Something else that bothers me is that Going Commando and Deadlocked seem to have similar widescreen patches. I don't know if each planet has its own FOV either in these games, so if someone could verify if the widescreen patches for Going Commando and Deadlocked works in all planets/areas/levels, that would be nice.

Good job testing! Also this explains why my comparison screenshots(on Daxx) looked identical both ways. I thought I did that right(though I still didn't recognize it was vert-) Ninja Either way thanks for looking in to it!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-02-2016, 03:59 PM)Devina Wrote: A superior method would be to create a universal FOV code (hor+) which works on all planets, but this may be difficult. Perhaps arapapa or nemesis2000 or anyone else could do it, so I invite all widescreen hackers to try this.
It's already have been discussed there http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid441058
arapapa, you could create widescreen for these good gundam games...

NTSC-J
Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED - Rengou vs. Z.A.F.T.
Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED Destiny - Rengou vs. Z.A.F.T. II Plus
Kidou Senshi Gundam Senki - Lost War Chronicles
Kidou Senshi Z Gundam - AEUG Vs. Titans
So basically, the TLDR version:

No.47 admits the solution is too difficult, claims their own patches suck, and admits all of the patches only work for the first level.

And the widescreen patches in the archive are pretty useless, and I should just move them all to WIP. Wacko
a widescreen request for Gungriffon Blaze.... very cool game...

NTSC-J, NTSC-U and PAL
Gungriffon Blaze

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKvC3xvAXlo