PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
arapapa, can you take another look at your widescreen patch for Nichibeikan Pro Yakyuu: Final League SLPS-25101? The game was fixed with PCSX2 1.7 but right now the widescreen patch is making the game unplayable with glitches that stop the game from functioning correctly.  Thank you.

Sponsored links

Hello everyone !

I tried to port widescreen .pnach for Star Wars Battlefront from NTSC (SLUS_208.98) to PAL (SLES_525.45), but in PAL .ELF in ps2dis ALL meaning second order are 00000000, I can't find a clue through this.....  Can you help me please ??? For NTSC version of this game have a widescreen .pnach, THANKS))
(01-30-2021, 05:07 AM)someother1ne Wrote: arapapa, can you take another look at your widescreen patch for Nichibeikan Pro Yakyuu: Final League SLPS-25101? The game was fixed with PCSX2 1.7 but right now the widescreen patch is making the game unplayable with glitches that stop the game from functioning correctly.  Thank you.

Sup man, please can u post some of widescreen patches that u used on your showcase on youtube? i searched a lot no interlacing and ultrawide patch for Forbidden Siren 2 SCES-53851 but i can't find it, i saw that u got amazing results in emulation ! congrats by the video
Hi, i want to report broken patch for Tales of Destiny 2 (A86BA5E4)
Current patch is causing infinite loop when game start. I found out that is due to broken deinterlacing code.

Correct patches are:

patch=1,EE,00170774,word,00000000
patch=1,EE,001707FC,word,00000000

Additionally game use code overlays on higher memory offsets, so current patch marked as "3D map" for example replace loading of return address from stack. Plus cause some TLB misses depending on what is loaded right now. Maybe conditional patch will be ok here?
Game ALSO use 2 elf files, one used for "Preview". So actually all codes should be conditional if we want to be 100% safe.
Hi
I find curent values in pnach NTSC for Star Wars Battlefront 1, but I can't port this code for PAL SLES-52545 because in PAL version of game the value is different and this is a problem, can anyone help ??
Here is a NTSC code
Thanks

Attached Files
.pnach   503BF9E1.pnach (Size: 957 bytes / Downloads: 93)
I want to report another broken patch. Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (E/U/K)
CRC=28270F7D,306CDADA,9A93FE5D

Patches use
Code:
patch=1,EE,address,word,23c013f40
, which should be
Code:
patch=1,EE,address,word,3c013f40
Similar problem is on ps2wide.net site. So maybe it was used accidentally also here. NTSC-J patch is fine.
Castlevania Lament of Innocence NTSC U

I think @arapapa added an updated .pnach for it a while back.

I couldn't get the original one working on PS2 hardware done by @nemesis2000
Also, I don't think the archive was updated with the new one.

Attached in link.

Attached Files
.pnach   28270F7D.pnach (Size: 209 bytes / Downloads: 157)
Been looking if this was fixed but I figured I'd ask. I was playing Zone of the Enders with its wide screen patch on and observed the same bug as observed in this thread:

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ZOE-Graphic-Glitch

I was able to also confirm its caused specifically by the wide screen patch:
8CB179A6.pnach

Once you turn it off the bug is gone.

I went to see if there was an updated patch in this thread I saw their was I downloaded and ran it and it was still present.

Wondering if a fix was around that I couldn't find.

The bug ONLY happens when explosions occur. You can replicate it easily by attacking the surrounding buildings in the first area of the game.

Just putting this info out if it helps.

Thanks!
(02-02-2021, 01:41 AM)pexeroso Wrote: Sup man, please can u post some of widescreen patches that u used on your showcase on youtube? i searched a lot no interlacing and ultrawide patch for Forbidden Siren 2 SCES-53851 but i can't find it, i saw that u got amazing results in emulation ! congrats by the video

Thanks.. and sure I can post some. Let me know a few of them that you want and I will post them when I get a chance.
For Siren 2 widescreen, I used this:  
.pnach   C040B6AB.pnach (Size: 99 bytes / Downloads: 206)  
I don't see an interlacing patch I used though. I don't remember what I used for that, if I find it I will edit this post.  Cheers
Request:
Hey I noticed that in metal gear solid 2 - substance (NTSC-u)
the skateboard mini-game doesn't have a widescreen hack
This mini-game is available from the start of the game