PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
I haven't seen the screenshots either, maybe I overlooked them (quite possible since I'm not interested in Final Fantasy).
Apparently Asmodean made a trade-off and sacrificed the correct aspect ratio to decrease the side pop-ups:

(03-25-2012, 06:22 AM)Asmodean Wrote: I've also changed the Final Fantasy X patches to 3F2AAAAA, because the original values were showing artifacts at the edges of the screen in certain locations, as it was not being rendered. Such as water, and doors etc, new values fix this.

Sponsored links

k I reloaded the save and took a closer look... indeed there is some occasional pop-up. It's not nearly as bad as Xenosaga 2/3 though. I guess you have to decide between that or slightly fat characters Happy
(07-06-2012, 08:48 PM)synce Wrote: nemesis, are you referring to ffx on ps2? I tested up to the first boss on pcsx2 and didn't notice any glitches.
glitches most noticeable on far plane and near plane, especially in intro

(07-06-2012, 08:48 PM)synce Wrote: I'm interested in these screens though
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f19/ps2-wide...post983321
Interesting, good job with the elf patch! It improves things but I was playing a little more and noticed the pop-in gets worse in Besaid, and even the render fix doesn't completely solve this

[attachment=38745]
incorrect value pnach

[attachment=38744]
correct value pnach

[attachment=38746]
elf patch w/render fix

Just to confirm I didn't screw up I kept an eye on Kimari's shoulder during the opening Tongue

[attachment=38748] [attachment=38747]
correct value pnach --> elf patch w/render fix
Both the values of Asmodean and synce gives the missing graphics on the 2 sides. The game is not designed to render it, and with 32 MiB of RAM, it must clear any redundant thing asap to free memory.

It is better than seeing two black bars anyway.
(07-06-2012, 10:02 PM)synce Wrote: Interesting, good job with the elf patch! It improves things but I was playing a little more and noticed the pop-in gets worse in Besaid, and even the render fix doesn't completely solve this
request save file
It's for the NTSC-J non international version, so I'm not sure it will work but you can try (save #3)
fixed

http://ps2wide.net/#ffx

[Image: ffx5.jpg]
Wow Biggrin
Now nemesis, how about an Okami resolution hack Laugh