PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
@towelie:

Hmm, well, all of these patches are tentative, so I can just add it to the "problematic games" list instead.
The problematic games list is for problematic games.
Since it's not actually game-breaking, I'll keep it in the archive for now.
It doesn't matter if Person A makes an unstable patch, Person B adds to it making it more stable, and Person C fixes it.
It's the power of teamwork~

Sponsored links

Good.
[Image: 34082954.jpg]
Such a nice pic deserves a + 1. Smile
Hey Nemesis2000, I tested your Suikoden V patch and it seems like the cutscenes are still stretched on it. I dunno if it's fixable?

4:3
[Image: 10pavbn.jpg]

16:9 with patch
[Image: 2vuiiqo.jpg]

Here is a save state file if you wanna have a look at it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/it7wpy
First off, I'd like to thank everyone for testing and providing us these amazing patches. This really brought ps2 emulation to life for me.

I have a quick question. I'm trying to get the most out of FFX International, and have used the provided widescreen patch. Only drawback is the object popping on the left and the right outside of where the normal 4:3 area would have been.

Has this been fixed? I noticed that the US version's patch creation date is a month newer in comparison to the Japanese International version. So I figured, maybe the fix just hasn't been released for the International yet.

Thanks in advance and keep up the awesome work Laugh
I'm sorry but i'm a bit lost, i put the pnach file in the cheats PCSX2 folder : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Cheats
And i have activate the cheat in pcsx2 but i can't see the effect and when i close the game the console show this No cheats found. Resuming execution without cheats...
(02-01-2013, 05:04 PM)saftle Wrote: I have a quick question. I'm trying to get the most out of FFX International, and have used the provided widescreen patch. Only drawback is the object popping on the left and the right outside of where the normal 4:3 area would have been.

It doesn't have a render fix yet. If someone would like to add it, that'd be good.

(02-01-2013, 07:38 PM)azerty16 Wrote: I'm sorry but i'm a bit lost, i put the pnach file in the cheats PCSX2 folder : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Cheats
And i have activate the cheat in pcsx2 but i can't see the effect and when i close the game the console show this No cheats found. Resuming execution without cheats...

Make sure you're actually in a 3D environment, try making sure that the "cheats" folder is in lowercase with a small c, and from the Readme:

Quote:Put the .pnach file in the "cheats" folder in the PCSX2 directory.
Start PCSX2, go to System, and make sure "Enable Cheats" is checked.
You can enable the console to ensure that the emulator has found the patch.

Open PCSX2 > Config > Emulation Settings.
Go to GS Window, Aspect Ratio, and ensure "Widescreen (16:9)" is selected.

If the emulator doesn't seem to be locating the cheats, it may be because your PCSX2 directory is searching the wrong folder.
This is common if there are multiple installations of PCSX2, or if you're using a shortcut to it.
Be sure to search My Documents, Program Files and desktop and make sure it's consistent.

When toggling widescreen hacks on/off using "Enable Cheats", it's recommend you do it from a fresh boot everytime.
If you save your game with widescreen hacks on and reload the save without them enabled, they won't be applied anymore.
If you load a "widescreen hack save state" from a "cheats disabled" config, you'll likely still have it enabled.
(02-01-2013, 02:33 PM)LucaBlight Wrote: Hey Nemesis2000, I tested your Suikoden V patch and it seems like the cutscenes are still stretched on it. I dunno if it's fixable?

4:3
[Image: 10pavbn.jpg]

16:9 with patch
[Image: 2vuiiqo.jpg]

Here is a save state file if you wanna have a look at it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/it7wpy

fixed

BCD0B7CD.pnach

[Image: s51.jpg] [Image: s52.jpg]
(02-01-2013, 08:31 PM)devina40 Wrote: It doesn't have a render fix yet. If someone would like to add it, that'd be good.

Awesome. I'll be sure to request the FFX International render fix as soon as the requests open up.

Thanks again.