PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
If anything, those bugs have nothing to do with widescreen, but upscaling and filtering like you said. Instead of trying to make patches to fix them (which would be quite difficult), I think it'd be better to just work on PCSX2's upscaling and filtering methods.

Also, requests are closed for a while so everyone can relax for a bit and do what they want.

[attachment=44074]

I attempted to port Genji, but failed. Sorry. Closedeyes
This is as close as I could get, but the rest of the architecture seems to be different.
Is there a reason you want the play the NTSC-J version?

If you primarily go NTSC-U, and use PAL and NTSC-J for exclusives, you'll have the most success with widescreen patches.
Sometimes, some stuff isn't possible to directly port over, like Genji and Ico.

Sponsored links

I know the bugs have nothing to do with widescreen, I just thought it would be a possible solution to the problem. I thought it was just a matter of finding the right values. However, because of the problems listed by VIRGIN KLM, it seems it's just not possible with some games. Improved filtering methods would help in some cases, but I don't think it would do much to correct aspect ratios or remove garbage and artifacts that are a result of up-scaling static 2D images. Sad
@devina40 Sometimes, but only some, when you change the aspect ratio of textures of HUD elements you might reveal some extra "garbage" (like stuff that belong to the same texture set) but it's really rare and not worth mentioning (meh, even though it happens on Kingdom Hearts games lol).

@chris923 Because of the nature of xBRZ it should give an artifact-less result (on games that when you disable texture filtering the texture gap/trasparency artifacts get fixed). Billinear and Bicubic though are the ones to blame for such artifacts (when it's a case of texture filtering) and you can't fix them without using any other kind of more sophisticated scaling method that doesn't destroy the trasparency/alpha channels of those textures.
Updated patch for Grandia II, PAL and NTSC Version.

Grandia II (PAL-E) (SLES-50498) [attachment=44079]

Grandia II (NTSC-U) (SLUS-20194) [attachment=44080]
Hi, is there way to have a patch to remove the fuzzy of characters like in this picture?

we can see that the glove goofy
(05-05-2013, 06:53 PM)ElHecht Wrote: Updated patch for Grandia II, PAL and NTSC Version.

Grandia II (PAL-E) (SLES-50498)

Grandia II (NTSC-U) (SLUS-20194)
by the way, Grandia II can be patched without "jump to code-inject"

Grandia II (NTSC-U)
Quote:patch=1,EE,0025c768,word,460b5ac3
patch=1,EE,0025c76c,word,3c013f40 //hor val
patch=1,EE,0025c7a4,word,46002101
patch=1,EE,0025c7a8,word,44810000
patch=1,EE,0025c7ac,word,46000307
patch=1,EE,0025c7e0,word,46006343
Hey, sorry to bother you guys again but I have another question.

Since it's not possible in most cases to re-size 2D images, text, HUD's, etc. using cheats or hex editing without breaking something, is it possible to create hi-res texture packs for use with PCSX2 in some way? I've seen some members have been doing it with Dolphin and I have no idea how they manage to do it but it looks amazing. Here's a couple samples of what I'm talking about.

Before / After

[Image: fontsk.jpg]

Before

[Image: gmse018.png]

After

[Image: gmse011.png]

I've even seen examples of backgrounds, water and grass textures being upgraded. I don't know if this is possible with PCSX2 or maybe even it's already being done with PCSX2 by some people. I realize such a thing is a bit out of the scope of this project, but I figured it would be best to ask here since you guys probably have the most knowledge about such modifications and what is and isn't possible.

Thanks again for the help.
It is for sure not coded in PCSX2, So until the devs code it, it is for sure impossible.
I can't say if it's possible or not outside of that, But from what i said the Wii has some standards to adhere to. The PS2 didn't. So it may very well be impossible
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
by the way, Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows already has hidden built-in widescreen

Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows (SLES-53667) BBB8392E.pnach

Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows (SLUS-21077) A8C4C0A9.pnach
(05-05-2013, 11:33 PM)nemesis2000 Wrote: by the way, Grandia II can be patched without "jump to code-inject"

Grandia II (NTSC-U)

Someone please port this superior code to PAL.
(I'm looking at you, ElHecht, since you have the PAL version).

Nemesis, Mega Man X7 PAL on your site seems to be down, might wanna re-upload it.

Also, in Contents, you should really make an "Updates" or "Changelog" section where you post all your patch updates so I can easily be notified.
It'd be so much easier for me to add to the archive, since right now, I check A-Z.
It would make me a very happy panda. Tongue