PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
It's possible, just give me a little time so I can have all Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven regions up to date.

ETA: Okay, archive updated. Should have everything you need, El_Patas!

Sponsored links

I know the question has been asked again in the past but is anybody with MIPS code knowledge (like nemesis2000) able to do widescreen hacks for PSOne games or better actualy render fixes that geometry wouldn't be missing on most games? To help you I can confirm that the methods being used for memory editing PS2 games worked on PSOne too, I tried it waaay before PCSX-r implemented the widescreen hack and it worked. The missing geometry though is really distracting.
Many thanks devina40 i tested it now the pnach and worked fine, many
thanks also to nemesis2000, now the tenchu great games of PS2 works also
for PAL users in widescreen.

Regards.
(05-12-2013, 05:14 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: I know the question has been asked again in the past but is anybody with MIPS code knowledge (like nemesis2000) able to do widescreen hacks for PSOne games or better actualy render fixes that geometry wouldn't be missing on most games? To help you I can confirm that the methods being used for memory editing PS2 games worked on PSOne too, I tried it waaay before PCSX-r implemented the widescreen hack and it worked. The missing geometry though is really distracting.

That is sweet.

Useful info->
http://psx.rules.org/gte.txt
http://gamehacking.org/faqs/PSX.pdf

It looks like the NCLIP instruction is used for at least backface removal (on negative return), I'd imagine that would be a good starting point for locating clipping routines in the disasm.
The Crash Bandicoot games are so annoying without a render fix.
(05-12-2013, 08:39 PM)mrjared123 Wrote: The Crash Bandicoot games are so annoying without a render fix.

Exactly. Missing geometry is only good looking in Madonna feat Justin Timberlake's video "4 Minutes" but in video games, especialy this example it can make me even lose, especialy on bonus stages that the geometry being rendered is SUPER tight to what is being rendered in the 4:3 frame.
Wait, is it possible to play Metal Gear Solid PS1 or Silent Hill PS1 with true widescreen?
New PAL patches and some updates ...

Shin Megami Tensei - Digital Devil Saga (PAL-E) (SLES-53458) [attachment=44186]
- updated to elf addresses

Shin Megami Tensei - Digital Devil Saga 2 (PAL-E) (SLES-54555) [attachment=44187]

Magna Carta - Tears of Blood (PAL-E) (SLES-53483) [attachment=44188]

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PAL-M5) (SLES-54185) [attachment=44189]
- updated to elf addresses

from the requests:

Panzer Elite Action - Fields of Glory (PAL-M5) (SLES-53444) [attachment=44190]
- small glitches outside of the 4:3 area (main menu, fading effects, etc..)
If you guys want anything else ported, lemme know.
Also, I'm no longer using versiom numbers for the archive because it was a bit of a pain in the butt, so just pay attention to the changelog instead.

Yes, PCSXR and Dolphin could really use some render fixes. Some games need them more than others. Silent Hill 1 looks pretty great with PCSXR's widescreen hack, not a lot of pop-in.
MGS: The Twin Snakes on Dolphin with widescreen hacks is HORRIBLE and is unplayable. If there's a universal FOV for those systems, I wonder if there's a universal render fix too?

I'm a bit torn between ePSXe and PCSXR. ePSXe is faster and more stable and can play Parasite Eve 2, but it can't load widescreen hacks and the contols aren't as good.
PCSXR has superior controls (can load custom plugins) and widescreen hacks, but it's less stable, slower, and can't play PE2. I wish there was an emulator which combined the strengths of both.
(05-12-2013, 09:13 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Missing geometry is only good looking in Madonna feat Justin Timberlake's video "4 Minutes"

So random lol