PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(08-31-2013, 01:41 AM)stranno Wrote: Yes but it doesnt look widescreen anyway. At least to me.

I will try to compare it with non patched image tomorrow.

GSM might conflict with cheats and most possibly with the ones that are ELF hack based since GSM is allocated on the same place on PS2's RAM with the ELF.

Sponsored links

(08-30-2013, 07:28 PM)Dant Wrote: Hi guys, want to report that MGS2 Sons of Liberty NTSC-U widescreen patch has a bug - projectors' and bulbs' lights are misplaced. This doesn't happen in 4:3 mode.

Hello, you have already tried to configure the HW Hacks? which can be fixed coordinate effects of lights. I've worked with games ... fast and furious and Gradius Collection. I do not know, maybe work, is to go automatically switching between panel boxes.
(08-31-2013, 04:24 AM)Acem Wrote: Hello, you have already tried to configure the HW Hacks? which can be fixed coordinate effects of lights. I've worked with games ... fast and furious and Gradius Collection. I do not know, maybe work, is to go automatically switching between panel boxes.

He could try, but I doubt it would fix it.

The lights are probably 2D overlays over the 3D scene, so while the 3D scene is only viewed through a "wider window" when using the widescreen hack, the 2D overlays are just stretched to this wider window, so they go "out of sync" with the underlying 3D scene.

The game was not designed for widescreen, so the developers didn't expect that the 2D overlay would get stretched like this while the underlying 3D wouldn't. This is one of the caveats of using hacks for which the game was not designed.
(08-31-2013, 05:23 AM)avih Wrote: He could try, but I doubt it would fix it.

The lights are probably 2D overlays over the 3D scene, so while the 3D scene is only viewed through a "wider window" when using the widescreen hack, the 2D overlays are just stretched to this wider window, so they go "out of sync" with the underlying 3D scene.

The game was not designed for widescreen, so the developers didn't expect that the 2D overlay would get stretched like this while the underlying 3D wouldn't. This is one of the caveats of using hacks for which the game was not designed.

Yep, none of the HW hacks fixed this problem.
(08-31-2013, 03:19 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: GSM might conflict with cheats and most possibly with the ones that are ELF hack based since GSM is allocated on the same place on PS2's RAM with the ELF.
I dont know. But i've tried with a bunch of games and all of them works perfect. Like Urban Chaos PAL or Metal Slug NTSCJ.

This is Urban Chaos PAL with ElHecht 16:9 patch working and GSM 1080P (cropped and resized to 720p).

Dual Hearts [SLUS-20475] (widescreen 16:9 and map aspect fix).
Unfortunately I did not find the values ​​for the aspect correction of other HUD's. Maybe someone will succeed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   62C92B67.zip (Size: 279 bytes / Downloads: 179)
[Image: Man.gif]Meduza Team
Could i request ChoroQ and Le Mans 24 Hours (PAL versions) please, thanks. Smile
(09-01-2013, 01:08 PM)paul_met Wrote: Dual Hearts [SLUS-20475] (widescreen 16:9 and map aspect fix).
Unfortunately I did not find the values ​​for the aspect correction of other HUD's. Maybe someone will succeed.

Nice going! I wish it were easy to adjust 2D stuff so they won't get stretched as well. That alone would be great, now couple it with some model swapping, hell maybe someone can even swap textures in select games if they are dedicated enough+have the knowledge and we could have widescreen emulation on a completely new level.

Here's a 'shop of how I imagine we could one day emulate games.

[Image: ijZvfbN4GF3Zg.jpg]
(09-01-2013, 01:19 PM)El_Patas Wrote: Could i request ChoroQ and Le Mans 24 Hours (PAL versions) please, thanks. Smile

Choro Q (PAL-E) (SLES-53140)
.pnach   FCF4C7D8.pnach (Size: 574 bytes / Downloads: 496)

Le Mans 24 Hours (PAL-M5) (SLES-50131)
.pnach   FEA030CB.pnach (Size: 715 bytes / Downloads: 496)

Fantastic ElHecht, many thanks for fulfill my request, great pics also.

Regards.