PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Here is an updated pnach file for KH2 PAL-G and PAL-E

Kingdom Hearts II (PAL-G) (SLES-54233)
Kingdom Hearts II (PAL-E) (SLES-54114)
- added 16:10 support
- added 60fps hack (disabled by default to make avih happy Laugh)

.pnach   C398F477.pnach (Size: 1,74 KB / Downloads: 665)

Sponsored links

X-Men - Next Dimension (PAL-G) (SLES-50899)
.pnach   00DCB57B.pnach (Size: 493 bytes / Downloads: 533)

X-Men 2 - Wolverine's Revenge (PAL-M3) (SLES-51548)
.pnach   FBF2383B.pnach (Size: 967 bytes / Downloads: 574)

X-Men Legends (PAL-G) (SLES-52625)
.pnach   6900A74B.pnach (Size: 533 bytes / Downloads: 581)

X-Men Legends II - Rise of Apocalypse (PAL-M3) (SLES-53374)
.pnach   912C8E55.pnach (Size: 558 bytes / Downloads: 566)

(10-05-2013, 03:33 AM)ElHecht Wrote: Here is an updated pnach file for KH2 PAL-G and PAL-E

Kingdom Hearts II (PAL-G) (SLES-54233)
Kingdom Hearts II (PAL-E) (SLES-54114)
- added 16:10 support
- added 60fps hack (disabled by default to make avih happy Laugh)

Whaaaa...

The widescreen hack is totally different from the NTSC-U and NTSC-J versions.

Do you know if it's superior?
I'm still stalkin' this thread Tongue

Just want to point out some things KH related. The way Square did subs is a bit odd. Any dialogue that takes up only one line will always be centered. Imagine typing something on Word and hitting the center align button. It does exactly that. But when a subtitle takes up two lines, the text becomes left aligned. Or rather, it APPEARS to have become left aligned. But what really happens is they just simply offset the text so it looks left aligned while still being in the center of the screen. Basically, just imagine hitting the spacebar a bunch of times in Word to move text over instead of just simply centering them. That's why everything moves drastically to the left when using the subtitle fix, because the subs need new offset values to account for the added screen size.

Now, I do know how to center align the subs with two lines of dialogue, but it just doesn't look right imo and me being the crazy one I am, would rather painstakingly manually offset so everything matches the US version perfectly. See what I mean here. Unfortunately though, a pnach cannot be made for this because it involves removing the offset code contained in about 75% of every single subtitle line in the game and replacing it with the centering code.

If you might have noticed, based off that image, I've adjusted the size of the subtitles. Crazycat found the addresses that affect sizing of the subs. I've been using it to match the increased subtitle size of 1.5 Remix, but it can also be used to HIDE THE SUBTITLES DURING CUTSCENES!

2010d518 controls the size of the letters, and 2010d528 controls the spacing between them.

You'll have to port this to other regions as these codes are FM only:
Code:
//Bigger subtitles
patch=1,EE,2010d518,word,24030016
patch=1,EE,2010d528,word,3C013F70

If you just want to simply hide the subs, you only need one line.
Code:
//Hide subtitles
patch=1,EE,2010d518,word,24030000

^ I'm essentially taking the current size and shrinking it to zero. Just a warning, it hides everything. Even important stuff that isn't voiced such as the Dive to the Heart tutorial scenes and Xemnas battle and whatnot. These codes do not affect the text bubbles though so that's good.
(10-05-2013, 12:01 PM)raishiro Wrote: it hides everything. Even important stuff that isn't voiced such as the Dive to the Heart tutorial scenes and Xemnas battle and whatnot. These codes do not affect the text bubbles though so that's good.

Darn it, there's always gotta be SOME catch! Glare

Ah well. I wonder if this can help us find a code to lower the subtitles (like KH2) to compensate for the lack of black bars, rather change their size. Maybe look around addresses close to the 201 range?
Your only chance is to patch the game to show spaces on the place of the dialogs since all this text belongs into one category on the ELF file so it's unpatchable that way. So what you do is search where the game loads the text for the subtitles and you zero out or replace all characters with 0A0A0A0A which will only show spaces instead of letters. This means though a code with like 64 lines of codes. I can make a visual example if you want me to demonstrate it.
(10-05-2013, 08:32 AM)devina40 Wrote: Whaaaa...

The widescreen hack is totally different from the NTSC-U and NTSC-J versions.

Do you know if it's superior?

The ntsc version uses 5 fov adresses, the pal patch uses only 1 global fov ---> same result
Here's persona art resize patch for japanese version of Persona 3 FES:

Attached Files
.pnach   232C7D72.pnach (Size: 1,68 KB / Downloads: 459)
Baroque (PAL-E) (SLES-55216)
.pnach   0CFFFBCC.pnach (Size: 1,13 KB / Downloads: 532)

Red Faction (PAL-G) (SLES-50279)
Red Faction (NTSC-U) (SLUS-20073)
Red Faction II (PAL-M3) (SLES-51133)
Red Faction II (NTSC-U) (SLUS-20442)

Updated patches are here