PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
test five mins and looks like it works
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Valkyrie-...#pid204443

Sponsored links

(11-18-2013, 12:00 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Also that kind of mechanism is a bit stupid. You can patch the executable (ELF) to always return a value for an address (exactly the same as widescreen patches), how is the anticheat mechanism going to distinct which is the correct value when th ELF tells that this is the correct one? Agh, these people think that people who use cheats or even better people who create cheats are stupids with zero knowledge at computing when the reality can be some light years away from it.

I guess it doesn't work like that. The game has stored a hash key generated from the untouched elf file and generates a second hash key when the elf is loaded into ram. Both hash keys will be compared and if they differ the game will crash. This mechanism is triggered many times during the game (sometimes before battles, sometimes after batttles or when entering a location).
It doesn't matter which value is changed when a hash key is generated. Even 00000000 values changed to anything else will be detected and handled as a cheat.
^^ Good, I tested it too and no crashes so far.

I'll put the Ignore GameGuard cheat into the archive.
It's for the NTSC-U version I believe, so I think someone will have to port it to other regions.
You mean:

Code:
comment=Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (16:9) (NTSC-U)
patch=1,EE,00150948,word,3f11eb85 //3eaaaaab
(11-18-2013, 12:55 AM)devina40 Wrote: ^^ Good, I tested it too and no crashes so far.

I'll put the Ignore GameGuard cheat into the archive.
It's for the NTSC-U version I believe, so I think someone will have to port it to other regions.

Battles aren't freezing when using this cheat?
Thanks VIRGIN although the old code won't be enabled, it'll still be in the .pnach for reference.
And nope, battles aren't freezing anymore, VP2 runs fine (with the exception of PCSX2's limits... field of depth is all screwed up and the forest level is all red).

Updated archive.
(11-18-2013, 01:25 AM)ElHecht Wrote: Battles aren't freezing when using this cheat?
Can't say for sure, but in tested 1 hour, and only in one battle the game freezes.

So I take a quick look, and found that the GameGuard checks addresses only when the game loading a next area. Then if a cheats is found, Gameguard activates timer with random initial value and starts countdown, when timer value become zero the game freezes. But when I freezed timer value, the games works well without freezes. But the main problem is that timer address is not static, so now I trying to find a function that changes timer value.

Also old value is stored in small range of addresses that the GameGuard not checking, but looks like this value is for tan function and affects not only for zoom value.
I was surprised so much when I didn't find a .pnach for the first Matrix game. The game sold more than 5 million copies in total!

Please, add to request list:
Enter The Matrix NTSC

Thank you!
When loading XIII (Pal SLES_512.44) using the widescreen pnach, pcsx2 gives the following errors, but carries on loading.
(EE pc:0017A350) TLB Miss, addr=0x3f40001c [load]
(EE pc:001719D0) TLB Miss, addr=0x3f40001c [load]

If I use PS2 Patch Engine and try this game on an actual PS2 then the game freezes at the same point where these errors occur.
I think it is because this address needs something else written to it during loading.
Is some genius able to have a look at this issue?
(11-19-2013, 08:43 AM)Some Chump Wrote: When loading XIII (Pal SLES_512.44) using the widescreen pnach, pcsx2 gives the following errors, but carries on loading.
(EE pc:001719D0) TLB Miss, addr=0x3f40001c [load]

If I use PS2 Patch Engine and try this game on an actual PS2 then the game freezes at the same point where these errors occur.
I think it is because this address needs something else written to it during loading.
Is some genius able to have a look at this issue?

I wonder if those addresses are already related to FOV.
ElHecht made the PAL version of the code.