PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Hello I just finished a Kingdom Hearts 2:Final Mix (NTSC-J) Triple Monitor/Eyefinity/Surround Patch and it looks great indeed but the HUD is stretched. Hope ya like it.

.bmp   without lines.bmp (Size: 398,49 KB / Downloads: 815)

.bmp   lines.bmp (Size: 398,49 KB / Downloads: 628)

.bmp   gsdx_20140701114344.bmp (Size: 398,49 KB / Downloads: 671)

Patch:
//Ultra Widesceen
patch=1,EE,2037153C,word,3E800000
patch=1,EE,2036CE98,word,3E800000
patch=1,EE,203A7BBC,word,3E800000
patch=1,EE,2036A0F0,word,3E800000
patch=1,EE,2036A0B8,word,43200CCD

If the HUD bugs you:
//Text Size (HUD)
patch=1,EE,2036CE98,word,00000000

//HUD Display Mod
patch=1,EE,2036ACA4,word,00000000

WARNING: Keep PCSX2 Window in stretched mode!

Sponsored links

(07-01-2014, 02:42 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: For Wii, very few don't, but you never know.
for GC, i don't know of any, But i also can't say i looked hard Tongue Wind Waker has an amazing patch that somehow keeps the HUD in the same spot, just adds to the FOV on the sides. OoT has one somewhere, As i saw it on youtube, But alas.. it seems no-where to be found Sad
Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time widescreen are rendered in Project64 not Dolphin. I'm actually finding Dolphin's approach to widescreen out of the box experience superior to widescreen hacks because apart from being pretty universal, most of the times if not always it will leave untouched the HUD plus Gamecube games compared to PS2 games tend to have a narrower fov so you will notice more missing stuff on exactly the same game on the sides compared to it's PS2 counterpart that you will notice little to not any at all (example, Digimon Rumble Arena 2). The good thing that sets widescreen hacks apart though is that you have more flexibility with widescreen hacks than the idea or having a "wider window render" that most emulators do. You can fix popups, you can fix HUDs etc... I believe the values in PS2 have to do with something set by the game's engine and the SDK so you won't find the addresses/values you're looking for on a different console, even if it's the same game. I tried to follow the same technique on PSOne and NDS games with little to no success.
(07-01-2014, 05:39 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: I'm actually finding Dolphin's approach to widescreen out of the box experience superior to widescreen hacks because apart from being pretty universal, most of the times if not always it will leave untouched the HUD

Sometimes stretched HUD is better, or I'd prefer it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbJuZNj3SQs

I hate how the icons aren't in the corners.
(07-01-2014, 05:56 AM)devina40 Wrote: Sometimes stretched HUD is better, or I'd prefer it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbJuZNj3SQs

I hate how the icons aren't in the corners.

That's why I said "out of the box experience". It's gonna be atleast fair with zero effort and it will please atleast fairly every user. Too bad though PS2's GS doesn't work that way but it would most possibly mean that widescreen hacks wouldn't exist which is something I'd miss alot. Well I wish I knew MIPS code, I don't understand a thing going on on all these PSOne/PS2 ELFs. I only know some basics of PPC which don't help me with anything else but GC,Wii,PS3 and XBOX360 which are the only platforms that I have zero interest or don't need any widescreen hacks.
I saw nemesis2000's hacks for the XBOX, I wonder if he tried something similar for PSOne and NDS games (I bet NDS can't get widescreen option like PCSX-r or Dolphin because of a hardware limitaion oddity).
(07-01-2014, 02:38 AM)devina40 Wrote: Don't the majority of Wii games have widescreen?

And a few GameCube games have widescreen. Not all, sadly.
The swiss-gc widescreen hack (also implemented on Dios Mios for Wii) allow widescreen in every game. Not all of them work perfect (Mario Party games, for example, have a lot of off-screen rendering problems) but most of them.
(07-01-2014, 03:38 PM)stranno Wrote: The swiss-gc widescreen hack (also implemented on Dios Mios for Wii) allow widescreen in every game. Not all of them work perfect (Mario Party games, for example, have a lot of off-screen rendering problems) but most of them.

Why doesn't Dolphin implement this apparently superior widescreen hack then?

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-sw...895?page=2

Quote:"Implementing the Swiss widescreen hack in Dolphin is definitely possible, it's just that nobody took the time to do it. We've actually been talking about implementing that for a long time (1+ year) but nobody seems to want to do it."

Blink
You can use swiss-gc with Dolphin. First load the swiss-gc dol, then change the disc to the game, the game will appear on swiss menu and swiss will let you to patch widescreen, progressive and other options.

The Dolphin WS hack is pretty bad compared to the swiss one.

And swiss-gc is still in active development. Sadly Dios Mios not.
I'm told by the Devs at Dolphin when i asked that Swiss is basically just what we have here, a collection of patches, I admit i took it as face value though, So i have no idea if it's true.

I agree about the icons being in the corner, But an oval sphere annoys me more than anything. And portraits that are too fat Tongue
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(07-01-2014, 09:16 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: I agree about the icons being in the corner, But an oval sphere annoys me more than anything. And portraits that are too fat Tongue

Couldn't agree more. It is so distracting in racing games where the rev counter is stretched (Evolution GT as a recent example). But there are also games with minimal HUD where it doesn't matter much.
NTSC-J

Another Century's Episode
Another Century's Episode 2
Another Century's Episode 2 [Special Vocal Version]
Another Century's Episode 3 - The Final

-------------

It is not yet perfect.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Another Century's Episode Series (1-3).ZIP (Size: 2,3 KB / Downloads: 161)