PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Still all other emulators and real PSOne hardware can't use PCSX-r's hack and some games could use a render fix.
I had actually some success with a couple of games.
Example:
On Ms. Pacman: Maze Madness using PCSX-r search somewhere in the range of 02000000-05FFFFFF on CheatEngine while interchanging those settings:
Normal (4:3) - 00001000
Widescreen (Notice that it's a bit off/narrow from being 16:9)- 00000E00

And when you find the respective address change it to:
Real 16:9 (Correct ratio to match the 4:3 proportions) - 00000C00
Eyefinity - 00000400

Demonstration:

4:3
[Image: p7wap.jpg]
Game's Incorrect 16:9
[Image: 28wcbnn.jpg]
Fixed 16:9
[Image: s4832t.jpg]
Eyefinity
[Image: 2n1wacj.jpg]

And yes you can call that officially the first PSOne widescreen hack (even though the game has a widescreen option, it's incorrect and I provide both a correction value and an Eyefinity value! Tongue2 I'll keep working on this to make it work with Gameshark on PSOne/rest emulators.

Sponsored links

Great work! I've been looking forward to someone doing this with a PSOne title. Great job!
(07-11-2014, 02:13 AM)mrjared123 Wrote: Great work! I've been looking forward to someone doing this with a PSOne title. Great job!
Thanx! I'll post later the actual whole Gameshark code for it, if anyone's feeling adventurous he can beat me to it, I'm too tired for today. I'll keep inspecting games with widescreen support in an attempt to understand how it could work on PSOne games and make a tutorial. I did something similar on Gran Turismo 2 back in February but you needed to patch 2 addresses every time a race starts. Sorry if it feels kinda offtopic but I'll stop when it looks like it can take off as a project of it's own and will not be based on what we do here for PS2 games.
(07-11-2014, 01:38 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Still all other emulators and real PSOne hardware can't use PCSX-r's hack
real hardware will have huge fps slowdowns with ws patch

(07-11-2014, 01:38 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: and some games could use a render fix.
nope

Quote:using PCSX-r search somewhere in the range of 02000000-05FFFFFF on CheatEngine
it's far above original psx memory range in pcsxr
^Have you tried any of those?
What is the range of PSOne's memory on PCSX-r?
All cheats I do on the fly are one the 02XXXXXX range.
Also, on Colin McRae Rally search for those values while on that aspect ratio mode:
(Search it in 4byte mode, it's cheap I know but it will save some time)
4:3 (Normal) - 0001C000
16:9 (Widescreen) 00015000
and change it to:
Eyefinity - 00007000

Previews:
4:3
[Image: 2dme4hg.jpg]
16:9
[Image: 2ynfqbt.jpg]
Eyefinity
[Image: 2wqx2ev.jpg]

I hope this will help somebody.
Can I please be credited as the creator of the Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb NTSC-U widescreen hack? I posted the values way back in 2012: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...s?page=166

Excuse me if I am sounding too rude as well. Thank you!
Either i'm on to something or I got lucky.

Colin McRae Rally 2.0

Normal 4:3 : 9333 (Hex)
Wide 16:9: 3888 (Hex)

Also, if anyone is interested I can make iso patches of these widescreen values.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wink 
(06-10-2013, 10:25 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Well I found the addresses for pretty like everything but it breaks way too many stuff to the point the screen will get covered with trash textures after a point.

The only patch that I was able to do the HUD correctly with as less visual bugs as possible was Digimon Data Squad, but you are still able to see some trash on the sides like on the pause screen or while loading a fight scene.

I am aware that this is a mega throw back reply but by any chance do you know the adresses? I would very much like to know. Happy
(07-11-2014, 04:39 AM)mrjared123 Wrote: Can I please be credited as the creator of the Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb NTSC-U widescreen hack? I posted the values way back in 2012: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...s?page=166

Excuse me if I am sounding too rude as well. Thank you!

Does the game still need a render fix?
(07-11-2014, 02:30 PM)devina40 Wrote: Does the game still need a render fix?

Sad

Need a render fix...