PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Sorry for re-posting (also, i thought that multiple posts would be fused into one, like in other forums... whatever), but i managed to create the patch by myself following the guides. So, here it is:

Dragon Ball Z 3 (NTSC-J) (SLPS-25460)
.pnach   690ECFBA.pnach (Size: 150 bytes / Downloads: 455)

Sponsored links

Not bad for a first try, But characters are still stretched a bit, As is the moon in the background.

Sadly no idea how to fix this :/ though hopefully it can be done, than we can hopefully port it back to DBZ:BT2 Laugh
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Evil Twin - Cyprien's Chronicles (PAL-M5) (SLES-50201)
- game still needs a black bar fix/removal for cut-scenes
.pnach   5D795715.pnach (Size: 522 bytes / Downloads: 468)

Max Payne (PAL-E) (SLES-50325)
.pnach   E7FB0320.pnach (Size: 417 bytes / Downloads: 453)

(08-04-2014, 09:16 PM)ElHecht Wrote: Evil Twin - Cyprien's Chronicles (PAL-M5) (SLES-50201)
- game still needs a black bar fix/removal for cut-scenes

Great, Thanks!
(08-04-2014, 05:05 PM)Mitsurugi-san Wrote: Sorry for re-posting (also, i thought that multiple posts would be fused into one, like in other forums... whatever), but i managed to create the patch by myself following the guides. So, here it is:

Dragon Ball Z 3 (NTSC-J) (SLPS-25460)

Try 3f23d706 instead of 3F2851EC.
Ported from nemesis2000's SCUS-97128 widescreen hack - not sure if I've messed anything up, first time working with pnach

Drakan - The Ancients' Gates (PAL) (SCES-50006)
.pnach   04F9D87F.pnach (Size: 5,73 KB / Downloads: 463)

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, 1866MHz @ 9-10-9-27 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo | Samsung S23A700D
(08-03-2014, 11:41 PM)ElHecht Wrote: Hitman 2 - Silent Assassin (PAL-G) (SLES-51109)
[...]
Hitman - Blood Money (PAL-G) (SLES-53030)
[...]

Good job ElHecht, also with all those other patchesSmile

It reminded me that my old (NTSC-U) memory patches for Hitman 2 & Blood Money had some HUD problems, so I ported your ELF patches over...
While both patches seem to work with PCSX2 I couldn't test Blood Money properly since it barely works with my PCSX2 versions, so I tried it on my PS2. Where it doesn't work at all unfortunately - the aspect ratio remains 4:3 and lots of graphical glitches are introducedSad Would you mind taking a look?

I attached the ported patches for testing purposes, but they shouldn't be included in the archive before this problem is solved...

Best regards

Attached Files
.pnach   7656425F.pnach (Size: 683 bytes / Downloads: 304)
.pnach   13E1AD6A.pnach (Size: 310 bytes / Downloads: 367)
I've gotta say, these widescreen patches are awesome! I just got done checking out Dirge of Cerberus, and it's working great.

I do have a question though. I saw in an earlier thread here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid275749 that nemesis2000 edited the boundary at which geometry has been culled in Final Fantasy X (Draw distance I'm assuming). I've personally been trying to figure out how to fix the back-face culling issue in DoC, but keep coming up empty handed. For those of you who may not know what that is, the game only renders the polygons that can be seen by the player. Everything else, like the back of Vincent if he's facing the camera for example, is culled.

Would anyone here know how he found that value? Or a good way for me to make the game render everything in the scene? Thanks, and keep up the awesome work!
I ported Max Payne to NTSC-U.

But because of my limited Internet situation, I can't port ElHecht's ones at the bottom of page 383 (Battlefield to Hitman) .... not for a while, at least.
If anyone else can, please do!

ElHecht's patches tend to be really good and fix all render values, as well as HUD.

^ Some pics of that Dirge of Cerberus error would be helpful. ^
Sure, no problem. [Image: backculling.jpg]

If you look at his legs, you can tell the back of them are completely absent (the same applies to the arms and back). This is how the game renders models in order to save on memory. Would it even be possible to force the game to render a full scene, or fool it into thinking both sides are being viewed?