PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Could somebody try this on Lifeline (USA)?

Code:
patch=1,EE,001bae54,word,3c013f40
patch=1,EE,001bae58,word,44810000
patch=1,EE,001bae60,word,4600c602

Sponsored links

Is that to get past mic screen? If so, didn't work.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
(10-07-2014, 07:04 PM)shinra358 Wrote: Is that to get past mic screen? If so, didn't work.

No, it's supposed to do widescreen, even though I think I see a way on the ELF that I could unhook anything Mic related or I could find on the memory a (boolean) value that handles if the mic is inserted or not.
(10-07-2014, 07:35 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: No, it's supposed to do widescreen, even though I think I see a way on the ELF that I could unhook anything Mic related or I could find on the memory a (boolean) value that handles if the mic is inserted or not.

It's absolutely stupid that the developers didn't think to include a non-mic mode.

Actually, I think the whole concept of voice commands is kind of dumb in the first place. Instead of telling the girl "Check the sink" or "Shoot the left monster", it would've made so much more sense to just let you play as her.

If you could find a way to bypass the Check Mic screen, it'd be great though.
(10-07-2014, 08:23 PM)devina40 Wrote: It's absolutely stupid that the developers didn't think to include a non-mic mode.

Actually, I think the whole concept of voice commands is kind of dumb in the first place. Instead of telling the girl "Check the sink" or "Shoot the left monster", it would've made so much more sense to just let you play as her.

If you could find a way to bypass the Check Mic screen, it'd be great though.
The problem is that I think I can find it but the only way to do it is using ps2rdmod and it doesn't work on my PS2 for some reason that over 6 months now I can't find why so I gave up. On top of that Lifeline doesn't work on OPL so I can't replace ELFs and I no way spend a whole DVD media to test if that code works or not.
There's gotta be through the ELF a way to return that a mic is always connected.
I've actually been meaning to dust off the PS2 and replay Lifeline, I could test out that hack for you as long as it's doable with free mcboot/esr and my existing disc
I actually tried it with codebreaker and a different version of ps2rd and it doesn't work, intresting because it's indeed the same value as the Matrix hack and there's only one instance in the ELF.
(10-08-2014, 12:39 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: I actually tried it with codebreaker and a different version of ps2rd and it doesn't work, intresting because it's indeed the same value as the Matrix hack and there's only one instance in the ELF.

The matrix hack doesn't always work, sadly. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of it working. Maybe even less.

[attachment=52686]

By the way, Nemesis, is it possible to remove the black borders during boss battles in Xenosaga 3 as well?
It's not a big deal, I just find it weird how the game decides it suddenly wants to letterbox during bosses.

An FMV fix would also be great for the game too.
(10-08-2014, 07:11 PM)devina40 Wrote: The matrix hack doesn't always work, sadly. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of it working. Maybe even less.

Meh, I still think that Lifeline is patchable on PCSX2 without involving any hack that would bypass the mic detection. The screen that it shows when you load from the memory card is in 3D and from tests that I did is on the same engine as the game, so if somebody gets to patch that screen, it will most possibly work on gameplay too.
(10-08-2014, 07:11 PM)devina40 Wrote: By the way, Nemesis, is it possible to remove the black borders during boss battles in Xenosaga 3 as well?
maybe, but I need a save file just before boss battle