PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(11-15-2015, 01:59 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Sorry for the -kind of- thread jacking but, anybody interested in Dreamcast widescreen patches? It seems to work the same way PS2 patches work, but even easier. I've done Soul Calibur and Jet Set Radio/Jet Grind Radio with no issue so far. Way better than the "extra geometry" option on emulators that causes some glitches, plus it works on real hardware and gives you the flexibility of more costumized aspect ratios (16:10 and Eyefinity for example).

http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/wide...cks.58620/

Sponsored links

(11-15-2015, 11:16 AM)nemesis2000 Wrote: http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/wide...cks.58620/

LOL! So funny that somebody else is doing exactly the same thing I was doing for quite some time! What a coincidence!
(11-15-2015, 11:59 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: LOL! So funny that somebody else is doing exactly the same thing I was doing for quite some time! What a coincidence!
Yep Smile , and I was first  Tongue , but they don't know Laugh
(11-15-2015, 01:09 PM)nemesis2000 Wrote: Yep  Smile , and I was first  Tongue , but they don't know Laugh

I'm also checking in the disassembler how to add a render fix on Shenmue games, did you have any luck?
I bet that I will find it though, I'm more familiar with it's assembly language. It's just that I'm super lazy. I wish I could do that in PS1 though.
(11-15-2015, 01:16 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: I'm also checking in the disassembler how to add a render fix on Shenmue games, did you have any luck?
I bet that I will find it though, I'm more familiar with it's assembly language. It's just that I'm super lazy. I wish I could do that in PS1 though.
I don't like Shenmue and I didn't even try.
Besides, my DC died long ago and I don't interested in patching DC games.
I tried a few games only after some guy asked me about DC games through the mail.
Dunno if you've seen the progress yet:

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtop...37&t=49228
Devina, just a heads up:
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/20...-156818313
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
Yes, the Force English code is on by default.
I don't know why anyone would even have an issue with this in the first place. It helps when navigating the menu and deciding which Sphere Grid to use when starting a New Game.

If you don't want it, you can easily:

1. Download my archive
2. Navigate to NTSC-J > FFX International
3. Remove comment
4. Put new .pnach in cheats_ws folder
5. Enabled Widescreen Hacks

This should allow Japanese text... although I'm not sure why you'd even want it.
Apparently the PCSX2 devs don't want that to be on by default. Here's a quote of rama's comment from that same GitHub page:

rama Wrote:Cheats_ws.zip does indeed include a "force English" patch for this game. It slipped past our eyes.
This needs to be removed and a new file uploaded.

I understand why you have that force code on by default and I do agree that it's nice to have but I'll play devil's advocate on behalf of the devs here and say that it's not that hard to get the game to English text on your own. I can't remember exactly where I found how to do it when I first played the game but I know it's not hard to track down. If you type "how to play final fantasy x international in english" into Google, the very first result is a forum post from GameFAQs that tells you what to do. There's even a YouTube video on how to do it.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
Rama is just one team member, tho.

Seriously, WHAT is the benefit of trying to play the game with Japanese text? Are they trying to learn written Japanese or something? Can you ask them that?

The game has English voices anyway.