PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(11-17-2015, 07:11 PM)Devina Wrote: However, by saying "I don't own any NTSC-U games and I don't own any of the PAL requested games.", you just kinda back yourself in a corner because if you suddenly do fulfill a request for any of the games on the (current) request list, then we'll know you pirated it.

That's not that big a deal really. Karasuhebi makes one good point. But another is we have an anti witch hunting rule. Basically unless it's blatantly obvious then we err in favor of you being legit. If you say "I downloaded" or we see a log with an iso like "Kingdom Hearts 2 (USA) (Name of warez group).iso" and stuff like that we'll take action. But stuff that requires guesswork, inferring, and intuition is basically witchunting and we avoid it. We are not the copyright police, we only wish to protect our project. So yeah. Basically use common sense and you'll be fine.

Again to clarify I'm not condoning anything, only stating a position.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(11-17-2015, 07:12 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: No we won't. He could have bought a used copy of the game. People still do that.

That's true, but it's very blatant what happened if a patch for Everybody's Golf, for example, is released by FlatOut tomorrow, especially immediately after this conversation.

I think it's best to just end this conversation for now.
From my personal standpoint(not speaking for others here) if he released a patch tomorrow I'd be fine with it. He could have gone to the store, he could have only skimmed the list, he could have so many games that he doesn't even know, there are many possibilities.

We had a certain tester once who basically had the entire library of the PS2 at his disposal. How? His uncle owned a game store that closed and he got all the games. Hrmmm. But again it's kind of like legal stuff - beyond a reasonable doubt. Is that story fishy? Yes, it's fishy as hell. But is it possible he's telling the truth? Yes. So the only evidence is circumstantial at best, and that's that.

Anyway yeah might as well stop. I don't want to overstep my bounds in what I'm saying either.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I suppose, when you put it like that. Tongue

Yes, let's change subjects.

Digital distribution is definitely the best (or one of the best) things to happen to gaming.

I remember when I was a kid and I wanted Sonic Mega Collection Plus for PS2, so I went to go tell my dad about it (who was on the other side of the store). And when I came back, the last copy left was gone since someone else grabbed it before I could. I was devastated.

Anyway, back on topic, we currently have 1973 patches. Woot.
That's just crazy. 1973. As I said on the github page about the licensing stuff I think the widescreen patches are one of the most important things about PCSX2. It's definitely one of the killer features for me, along with upscaling and save states. Fortunately that issue is sorted, ultimately we decided that they fall under the "too trivial to be copyrightable" sort of thing, basically meaning there is nothing unique enough about an individual patch(just memory addresses and values) to make it intellectual property. But we decided to put the text anyway just to be sure and now it's all good.
Has there been any new guides made (or maybe even video guides) on how to find these addresses and make these patches? I feel like more people would give it a shot if they knew how.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
(11-17-2015, 08:01 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: Has there been any new guides made (or maybe even video guides) on how to find these addresses and make these patches? I feel like more people would give it a shot if they knew how.

The only tutorials we have are linked in the OP. It's complicated stuff.

Off topic, I'm surprised (and disappointed) we haven't seen any black bar cutscene removals for Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3, the Shadow Hearts series and Metal Gear Solid series yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl_NW_XcAe0 (1:00)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OGiD5bEjbY (2:40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30cw21aZYDo

Can anyone experienced enough give it a try please? Sad
Little giant? Nemesis?
(11-17-2015, 02:46 PM)Devina Wrote: Some of this thread's best widescreen patchers seem to have left or are busy.
better say that they just switched to non trivial things  Laugh

(11-17-2015, 08:10 PM)Devina Wrote: Off topic, I'm surprised (and disappointed) we haven't seen any black bar cutscene removals for Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3, the Shadow Hearts series and Metal Gear Solid series yet.
In MGS2 part of code stored not in elf file and loaded dynamically so right value will be always on new address.
Also all post effects, overlays and some other thing isn't rendered under black bars.
(11-17-2015, 08:19 PM)nemesis2000 Wrote: better say that they just switched to non trivial things  Laugh

These patches are very important to me. D:<
Can you please see my above post about the black bar fixes?
(11-17-2015, 07:18 PM)Devina Wrote: That's true, but it's very blatant what happened if a patch for Everybody's Golf, for example, is released by FlatOut tomorrow, especially immediately after this conversation.

I think it's best to just end this conversation for now.
I won't download ISO's for that purpose or otherwise. But I do actively buy PS2 games and I might even pick up some PS2 games tomorrow and I like the Everybody's Golf series. So if there's one game on that list that I could potentially release a patch for tomorrow it's that one. Laugh