PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(12-29-2015, 12:40 AM)Devina Wrote: Still, it's not really an excuse for you *not* to check out PSP 60 FPS hacks.
FPS is the last thing that cares me in games

(12-29-2015, 12:40 AM)Devina Wrote: And let's hypothetically imagine you DO successfully make 60 FPS hacks.

You'd rather stay at 30 FPS and 480 x 272, instead of 60 FPS and 1080P?
I just bought re-release on PS3, what I already did with GoW Tongue and received hi-res FMW's Tongue

Sponsored links

I guess it really depends on the game. Not all PSP games have superior versions and remasters.

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?...er=&search=

Lots of PSP exclusives, like Crisis Core. I'm sure you have some favorite PSP exclusives?

And yeah, I'm kinda a 60 FPS + widescreen + HD whore. Tongue
Are there any non-16:9-screen patches for PPSSPP? I'm a 60fps + fullscreen + HD whore. I've tried the emulator with Burnout Legends and it works great. It was the first time I installed custom firmware on my PSP and it was extremely easy and userfriendly. From downloading the firmware to having an ISO from UMD in less than 15 minutes. Was disappointed to see the first games I wanted to try are no further than ingame though.
(12-29-2015, 01:04 AM)nemesis2000 Wrote: I just bought re-release on PS3, what I already did with GoW  Tongue  and received hi-res FMW's  Tongue

That one also works on PPSSPP (I mean the remaster) better than how it works on PS3 too.
PPSSPP has PSP Remaster support.

Also for anybody that wants to know...

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops HD is the PSP game running on PS3's PSP emulator at 1366x768 with Bilinear Filtering.
The only thing that they bothered to change in that release is a couple of fonts.
Even the video files are uscaled 960x544 from PSP's 480x272 and they pasted over the text boxes some slightly clearer text, but the compression is terrible.
The PSP version is the definitive version.

FlatOut Wrote:Was disappointed to see the first games I wanted to try are no further than ingame though.

There aren't many games on PPSSPP that have a broken/ingame status anymore. What are the games you're talking about?
(12-29-2015, 01:02 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: That one also works on PPSSPP (I mean the remaster) better than how it works on PS3 too.
GoW Collection Vol. II is not running under PSP emu on PS3, it's native port with Hi-Res FMW's, fonts, HUD and other things
(12-29-2015, 01:02 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: There aren't many games on PPSSPP that have a broken/ingame status anymore. What are the games you're talking about?
There are numerous games on the compatibility list noted as ingame of which I own at least 5. The main one I wanted to try was Silent Hill: Origins because that game is still in my backlog.
As a Silent Hill fan, Origins is an extremely boring game, with dull gameplay and exploration. I'd just watch a movie version of it and move on.

If you REALLY want to play Origins, then I'd recommend PCSX2. If there are graphical errors, try software mode or skipdraw.
(12-29-2015, 04:42 PM)Devina Wrote: As a Silent Hill fan, Origins is an extremely boring game, with dull gameplay and exploration. I'd just watch a movie version of it and move on.

If you REALLY want to play Origins, then I'd recommend PCSX2. If there are graphical errors, try software mode or skipdraw.
I will never just watch a movie version of a game instead of playing it. I'd also rather discover it's a boring game myself than going by one persons opinion of it. There are plenty of people who do like the game and it got decent reviews as well.
I'm pretty sure my UMD ISO of the PSP version won't work with PCSX2, and I've read several times the PS2 version isn't as good as the PSP one.
Thanks a lot Aced14 for Monster Attack & sergx12 for FlatOut!!!
You really made my day Smile

just wondering is there a patch for Conflict - Desert Storm?
Hello, thx for your work.
Would it be feasible for Arc - Twilight of the Spirits from remove the Black border for fmv's and game for PAL version?