PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(03-29-2016, 07:44 PM)Tattobu Wrote: Greetings again!
I'm here again, and with a small porting request.
Port Warriors Orochi PAL-G ws patch to PAL-EN, please; cause das verstehe ich nicht auf Deutsch, but really want to see this wonderful game in widescreen
on pcsx2.
So please, make this port, I will be very glad and grateful then.

Added to archive, and made an NTSC-U version too.

Also, I'm having some difficulty with Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2 (PAL).
The NTSC-U version seems to be different and is hard to port.
If anyone could help with that, that'd be great.

Also yay, we reached 500 pages!

Sponsored links

(03-29-2016, 10:34 PM)Devina Wrote: Added to archive, and made an NTSC-U version too.

Oh! I'm so glad! Great thanks again!
(03-01-2016, 10:42 PM)ted209 Wrote: Along the same lines - can anyone give any tips on rescaling (un-stretching!) 2D HUD elements?

I'd really like to try this for Enthusia (for example). I got as far as finding a few memory addresses that can move HUD elements, which feels like a good starting point. But I need some sort of strategy to make any progress from here.
A couple people have asked how to fix HUDs, so I'll provide a couple examples for reference. This isn't so much a guide, but rather, just a couple things to look out for.

Fixing the size of HUDs is much the same process when fixing for widescreen. You basically search for random values of addresses within the 2000000-21ffffff range, change the value and see what you can find. There isn't really any value in particular to look for, because like adjusting for widescreen, every game is different and has different results. The only thing is if you do manage to fix the HUDs or screen size for one game, if other games use the same engine like games in a series, for example, those games will most likely use the same values (but different addresses).

Here's some games for reference, and their resulting edits.

In Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, the address that controls the screen size actually controls the HUD as well, so both screen size and HUD are fixed with one address (it's been changed to a 00****** address recently)

In Nicktoons: Unite, the address for HUD is separate for screen size, however, the address that controls HUD also controls all the menus, so all the text and the pause menu is proper size (which is awesome)

In Dual Hearts, I was able to find addresses which fix the left HUD(the map and arrow indicator) for both vertical and horizontal size, but for the right HUD all I could find was a zoom. (so only side is fixed, sadly)

Spiderman 2 is a annoying example, in that fixing the HUD size required multiple addresses. Why? Each address only controls a part of a the HUD, like the 4 corners, the shadow behind it, health, etc. Therefore, I had to make sure I found EVERY address for the HUD to ensure everything is proper size. (Think Mario64 with one hand stretching Mario's face)

Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex is a bizarre example, in that fixing the screen size actually doesn't effect the HUD size at all. So the HUD is proper size, regardless and even all the menus too. So that game is pretty much perfect.

So those are just a couple examples. Like with widescreen, if you find a few memory adresses that control HUD elements, look around that address range and you might find something. You might have to input addresses manually, if you wanna be really sure.

**A final tip would be if you find an address with a value of 0 (zero), DON'T ignore it. For a lot of games 0 (zero) is simply the default value, so changing might actually do something. For example, in Grandia 2 (NTSC-U), the 20401874 address normally has a value of 0, but it actually controls the horizontal position of the FMVs! So changing it a positive number moves it to the right, while changing it to a negative number changes it to the left. (Yes, you can use negative numbers)

Kudos and Good luck!!
The Soul Calibur 3 (E) CRC=BC5480A3 wide screen hack makes the game crash if you boot it using Full boot. Just a heads up, in case someone can fix it
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Please widescreen requests:

World Football Climax (NTSC-J)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb6GTJoQX5k

World Fantasista (NTSC-J)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMiWtMMeupM

Jikkyou J League Perfect Striker 5 (NTSC-J)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZNl9dM6kE4
guys is there anything for jackie chan adventures ?????

if there isn't how do i make wide screen patches i didn't understand the tut from the frist page TwT
(04-09-2016, 11:40 PM)Sal7_one Wrote: guys is there anything for jackie chan adventures ?????

if there isn't how do i make wide screen patches i didn't understand the tut from the frist page TwT
Jackie Chan Adventures has a 16:9 widescreen option in the game. Wink
The Valkyrie Profile 2 patch should be removed. It only causes issues due to the game's cheat protection, the most obvious being freezes in various parts of the game, including the menu.

The game already provides a 16:9 progressive option. It might not be perfect, but the patch is unuseable for regular play. If you don't want to remove it, at least edit the description to include a giant warning that using it will break the game (as that is printed out to the console). It's CC96CE93.pnach for the US release.
There should be a way to tackle that. Does the game reset the value sometime in the game? Maybe the engine tries to check if the value can get reset and since it fails it freezes. Maybe if you put somekind of ASM code or a joker to activate it only once and not freeze the value it could avoid the hang.
I don't know the extent of the cheat detection and countermeasures the game takes, and I'm not sure if there's anybody who took the time to fully figure all the crazy ***** this game is pulling behind the scenes. There are reports flying around that if a cheat (or perhaps more accurately, a memory modification) has been detected once any subsequent save will be flagged, with consequences that might not be immediately apparent (lowered item droprates over time is one that I've heard about).

Again, I can neither confirm nor deny that, as I've not spent the time trying to figure it out. The freezes are the most obvious and easily reproducible problems, but there might be more happening. Either way, as it currently stands the patch should not be included without at least some obvious warnings.

Unfortunately, I'm the wrong person to ask when it comes to trying to find a way around it.

Edit: Looking at the patch, it seems nemesis2000 has tried to circumvent it before, as there are some (non-functional) lines commented out that relate to it.