PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(05-09-2016, 03:16 AM)Devina Wrote: I noticed that patch production has been super slow lately. There's a lot of requests, but barely anyone's making patches.
The requests in your post are some of the harder games to patch, and include games that only few people own or are interest in, so that would explain it. Laugh

Sponsored links

@nemesis2000 Does your Soul Reaver 2 PAL patch still work for you? When I apply it the both fov+ values don't have any effect. All other parts of the patch seem to work just fine.
(05-10-2016, 03:43 PM)FlatOut Wrote: @nemesis2000 Does your Soul Reaver 2 PAL patch still work for you? When I apply it the both fov+ values don't have any effect. All other parts of the patch seem to work just fine.

with fov+
[Image: sr1.bmp]

without fov+
[Image: sr2.bmp]
Strange.
My result with fov+

without fov+

I can get widescreen with a zoom value I found to replace it, but for some reason the fov+ is doing nothing for me.
Hi guys. Someone have a pnach file for onimusha 3 PAL?=)
(05-12-2016, 11:37 AM)RyuH88 Wrote: Hi guys. Someone have a pnach file for onimusha 3 PAL?=)
Yes, you have if if you have PCSX2 on your PC. Just enable widescreen patches in PCSX2.
OkSmile thanks
Wait  Huh So I don't have to download anything? I just enable wide-screen patches and Pcsx2 does the rest for me? That's really nice Smile
(05-13-2016, 04:26 AM)the street is almond Wrote: Wait  Huh So I don't have to download anything? I just enable wide-screen patches and Pcsx2 does the rest for me? That's really nice Smile

Yes, assuming the patch for your game is in the cheats_ws.zip archive. Obviously, stable versions have older archives and the archive is usually running behind in GIT versions, so the very latest patches are missing.
So let me get this right, in the main PCSX2 installation folder in the C: drive theirs a zipped file called "cheats_ws" so should I keep the file zipped and just place it in the cheat_ws empty folder in My documents ?

Then to get widescreen working I just need to enable the widescreen patches option in the drop down and set the aspect ratio to 16:9 in the GS window options is that it ?

How do I know when it's working/looking right, other then trying to just eyeball it ? and/or also some games may not support it.

Thanks a lot