PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
I was thinking if it's possible if both US and Euro versions of Alien Hominid can receive a widescreen hack, even it being a 2D game...

Sponsored links

NTSC-U, J and PAL

Odin Sphere

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Odin Sphere (NTSC-U, J and PAL).zip (Size: 1,99 KB / Downloads: 153)
Widescreen subtitles in KH1 haven't been done yet. I think someone tried once, but they were misaligned, similar to P3/P4. There's a code to disable them.

Anyway, I'm giving everyone until the 15th to submit your final patches before the next big update.

I was hoping PsxFan107 could submit their Ratchet patches, but they seem to be taking a while, so whatever.
bomberman jetters patch was based off my work for the GC version. I found the UI fixes rather easily thanks to it the width of textures being the 8th parameter to a certain function. x position was the 5th parameter to that function. Also does odin sphere have black areas near the edges of the map.
Nice work on Odin Sphere, arapapa! Didn't think it was possible.

There's a widescreen hack for Alien Hominid on Gamecube, so maybe it can be ported to PS2.
I have a GC widescreen archive over at Dolphin forum, so if anyone wants to port them:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ic-archive

Also, Nemesis, if you're reading this, I'm not going to check every patch on ps2wide.net before my widescreen archive update, since you said before you update PS2 patches without updating the changelog. It takes too long, so if you know you've updated some, you should tell me.

Remember, deadline is the 15th!
I was the one that did the GC version and I had to find a render fix for sprites. The Alien Hominid hack is a bit glitchy in some places. I tried aligning the HUD and it didnt quite pan out.
NTSC-U and NTSC-J

Grim Grimoire (needs 'subtitle fix') (request done)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Grim Grimoire (NTSC-U and NTSC-J).zip (Size: 1,29 KB / Downloads: 105)
Wow, you're on a roll with 2D games!

I can't believe they put the effort of making those backgrounds widescreen when it doesn't show.
the backgrounds usually scroll in some way. it might have minor problems near map edges or might be a repeated pattern that renders infinitely
(07-11-2017, 06:14 PM)Devina Wrote: There's a widescreen hack for Alien Hominid on Gamecube, so maybe it can be ported to PS2.

(07-11-2017, 06:37 PM)gamemasterplc Wrote: I was the one that did the GC version and I had to find a render fix for sprites. The Alien Hominid hack is a bit glitchy in some places. I tried aligning the HUD and it didnt quite pan out.

It can be a little trick to the widescreen patch be properly done in this game. Sad

(07-11-2017, 06:14 PM)Devina Wrote: I have a GC widescreen archive over at Dolphin forum, so if anyone wants to port them:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ic-archive

WOW!! PS2 and NGC... What's next? Dreamcast? Xbox Original? Blink
When was the last update in this NGC archive? Smile

(07-11-2017, 06:00 PM)arapapa Wrote: NTSC-U, J and PAL

Odin Sphere

(07-11-2017, 09:50 PM)arapapa Wrote: NTSC-U and NTSC-J

Grim Grimoire (needs 'subtitle fix') (request done)

Vanillaware is pure love!! Thanks for these patches!! Biggrin
I hope you can fix the subtitles in Grim GrimoireSmile