PCSX2 Wiki collaboration thread
Also, when the the guide can be split in a couple of ways:

1) From Overview to Running PCSX2 for the first time. as it contains the Getting PCSX2 and installation, then we can have 3 versions: Windows, Linux and Mac.
2) Plugin config
3) Core config
4) Misc and other guides.
English isn't my native language, if I make a spelling error, don't hesitate to let me know.

Win7
MSI Z77A-G43
Intel Core i5 3570
ATI HD5770
2x Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB CL9
Creative Tactic3D Headset
NOX PSU 550w
xBox 360 controller
Specs
[Image: 76561197995187625.png]

Sponsored links

One more thing, different placements for images are proposed here.
English isn't my native language, if I make a spelling error, don't hesitate to let me know.

Win7
MSI Z77A-G43
Intel Core i5 3570
ATI HD5770
NOX PSU 550w
xBox 360 controller
Specs
(12-03-2014, 06:14 PM)DoctorMuerte Wrote: Alright: About the tips, please take a look at this: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/User:DoctorMuerte border can be different, other backgounds can be set, etc.

After we decide that I can try different float settings to show to you.

I think it is important to select a color that later can match other colors of the page, for better consistency, for instance the blue that separates the PAL and NTSCS versions of the infobox, but also to be used later for the new main page.

I'd vote for 1st or may be 4th (although the 3d is also nice). Black frame is okay I guess, I'd still prefer lighter frame, but it's only an opinion. Hard to choose really.

An optical illusion makes it look like the background is not solid but a gradient. Fun.
Please check out http://wiki.pcsx2.net
Find your favorite game and correct its page. You may help others looking for that info!
I like 1 or 3.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-03-2014, 08:07 PM)DoctorMuerte Wrote: One more thing, different placements for images are proposed here.

You use hidden tables to make images floating, that doesn't look very nice. I'll try to alter your test2 a bit...
Find your favorite game and correct its page. You may help others looking for that info!

(12-03-2014, 09:59 PM)ng__ Wrote: I'd vote for 1st or may be 4th (although the 3d is also nice). Black frame is okay I guess, I'd still prefer lighter frame, but it's only an opinion. Hard to choose really.

An optical illusion makes it look like the background is not solid but a gradient. Fun.

(12-03-2014, 10:01 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I like 1 or 3.

(12-03-2014, 10:20 PM)Ryudo Wrote: I vote for 3

I vote for 6th, perhaps with black text.

Votes so far:

1st | |
3rd | |
4th |
6th |

Remeber we can always change it until we see is best. I think we should keep in mind we still have to update the Main Page, so it could be a good idea if the border of any box containing text, is the same as the "Tip" and "Warning" boxes to make everything look "consistent".

(12-03-2014, 10:03 PM)ng__ Wrote: You use hidden tables to make images floating, that doesn't look very nice. I'll try to alter your test2 a bit...

It's my first time working on a Wiki so I'm sure the're are better ways to do it.
Do it however you see is more appropiate and let me know to take a look, until then I'm not touching /test 2.
Thanks for you help.

Win7
MSI Z77A-G43
Intel Core i5 3570
ATI HD5770
NOX PSU 550w
xBox 360 controller
Specs
I vote for 3
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(12-03-2014, 10:15 PM)DoctorMuerte Wrote: It's my first time working on a Wiki so I'm sure the're are better ways to do it.
Do it however you see is more appropiate and let me know to take a look, until then I'm not touching /test 2.
Thanks for you help.

You can use thumb for pictures (as you do now) but they will float on the right, I've made you a small example (see Plugin configuration) how to make them float on the left side (it's nice to change sides sometimes). You can also make a template to simplify the process of embedding images like that (I know you know how to make a template Tongue ).
The same floating code can be applied to hints and warnings if you feel like making them fly.
(12-03-2014, 10:29 PM)ng__ Wrote: You can use thumb for pictures (as you do now) but they will float on the right, I've made you a small example (see Plugin configuration) how to make them float on the left side (it's nice to change sides sometimes). You can also make a template to simplify the process of embedding images like that (I know you know how to make a template Tongue ).
The same floating code can be applied to hints and warnings if you feel like making them fly.

I like how it looks. I'd like to know if there is a way to add a caption "click here to enlarge", I've added:

Code:
|[[File:ConfigMenu.png|400px|caption|Click to enlarge.]]

.... but i doesn't work. In this case is not a problem, but with smaller pictures, I think it looks better to have a "Click to enlarge annotation", even though probably everyone knows by now images can be viewed on original size Laugh.

Another thing is, On my monitor (24') the Graphics header looks paralell to the Plugin selector image, I think it should be separated to clarify is a different section, but if I make it with a lot of br / it will leave a huge gap on smaller monitors. Any ideas?

(View attachments)

Thanks again for your time.

@Ryudo vote added!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win7
MSI Z77A-G43
Intel Core i5 3570
ATI HD5770
NOX PSU 550w
xBox 360 controller
Specs
(12-03-2014, 10:49 PM)DoctorMuerte Wrote:
Code:
|[[File:ConfigMenu.png|400px|caption|Click to enlarge.]]

.... but i doesn't work. In this case is not a problem, but with smaller pictures, I think it looks better to have a "Click to enlarge annotation", even though probably everyone knows by now images can be viewed on original size Laugh.

But it does work. It shows the hint when you hover a mouse over it. Smile

The easiest way to add a text is to make a thumbnail out of picture (in that case we don't need all that hassle with styles and tables but I wanted to show you the styles-method so you'll be able to use it also on text or tables). I've changed the thing into thumbnail. The code's easier the result is the same.

(12-03-2014, 10:49 PM)DoctorMuerte Wrote: Another thing is, On my monitor (24') the Graphics header looks paralell to the Plugin selector image, I think it should be separated to clarify is a different section, but if I make it with a lot of br / it will leave a huge gap on smaller monitors. Any ideas?

I also thought about this. Enclose the start of the new text block in <div style="clear: both;"> </div> tags. It will be sufficient. I've made the change in test2 to reflect this. Her's the change:

<div style="clear: both;">
==Graphics==
</div>